The Lumenier QAV-ULX Ultra Light Racing Quadcopter - RC Groups
Aug 29, 2016, 02:10 PM
New Product

The Lumenier QAV-ULX Ultra Light Racing Quadcopter

The QAV "Ultra Light" X (ULX) is Lumenier's entry into the super light, sub 50g airframe category. The QAV-ULX carbon fiber frame components and hardware together come in as light as 45g, depending on configuration. All frame elements are the lightest possible while still providing no flex construction and optimum flight performance. The frame ships with a variety of optional plates that can be used to build the frame in Line of Sight (LOS) configuration or full FPV configuration. Lumenier includes new and unique "Saddle Bag" side mounting plates to attach components like the RC RX and VTX when building the frame for FPV use.

Buy the Lumenier QAV-ULX here.

The small wheelbase of 185mm still enables 5" propellers. Optional arms for 4" propellers are available as well. Each frame comes with multiple spare parts to enable replacement of frame plates or arms after heavy impact.

The airframe comes with high quality aluminum and titanium hardware. All screws are light weight titanium. The aluminum spacers have a textured grip surface treatment, which facilitates holding of the spacers during assembly and servicing of the airframe.

The unique aluminum threaded elbows allow you to easily replace an arm by simply removing 2 screws from the bottom of the frame. No lock nuts needed on top, and no teardown of the aiframe is requred. This means you can quickly swap arms out while at the field with just 1 tool. (Similar to the QAV-R)

Included with the QAV-ULX kit is the popular Lumenier 4Power power distribution board which can be fitted with an optional Pololu voltage drop-down circuit (to 12v or 5v), and a XT60 pig-tail. Like the QAV-X the QAV-ULX kit enables mounting of small FPV cameras such as the Lumenier CM-650 in a fully encased assembly which protects the FPV camera during crashes and enables pointing the FPV camera at a wide variety of viewing angles.

Features

• Full 3K Carbon Fiber airframe
  • Full frame kit as light as 45g
  • Multiple build configurations, FPV, line-of-sight, arm brace box
  • Ultra Compact size for 5" propellers, 185mm motor to motor.
  • Titanium screws
  • Easy grip black anodized aluminum spacers
  • Included Lumenier 4Power power distribution board and XT-60 Pig-Tail to power ESCs and FPV flight electronics. The PDB can optionally be outfitted with a Pololu 12v or 5v voltage step-down (Pololu board not included).
  • Designed around popular 26mm sized cams in cases such as the Lumenier CM-650 or HS1177.

Weight
  • Airframe: 45g (airframe + hardware), 50g (with accessory plates), 72g (with arm braces).

Includes
  • 1x QAV-ULX Ultra Light Racing Quadcopter
  • 6x 4mm carbon fiber arm 5" (2 extra included)
  • 4x 4mm carbon fiber arm braces
  • 3x QAV-ULX Bottom Plate (1 extra included)
  • 3x QAV-ULX "Saddle Bag" side racks
  • 2x QAV-ULX FPV Top Plates (1 extra included)
  • 2x QAV-ULX LOS Top Plates (1 extra included)
  • 2x QAV-ULX G10 SMA Antenna holder (1 extra included)
  • 1x Set of titanium screws and aluminum hardware
  • 1x Lumenier 4Power Power distribution board + 5mm spacer / screw set
  • 1x XT-60 Pig-Tail
  • 1x Neoprene foam tape
  • 1x Lumenier small lipo strap
  • 10x Black plastic cable ties

Optional Accessories

Buy the Lumenier QAV-ULX here.
Last edited by GetFPV; Aug 29, 2016 at 02:21 PM.
to remove ads between posts
Aug 29, 2016, 02:39 PM
Looking great guys. I cant wait to build mine up!!
Aug 29, 2016, 03:18 PM
Team ImpulseRC
Damn!
Aug 29, 2016, 03:48 PM
Teaser! More pictures to come.
Aug 29, 2016, 04:31 PM
Hang Time
Just Paid for the preorder!!!! Can't wait!!!!
Aug 29, 2016, 05:20 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by MindlessMark07
Just Paid for the preorder!!!! Can't wait!!!!
Thank you for the order Mark!
Aug 29, 2016, 05:27 PM
Does lumineer have a tap into my thoughts or something, first the QAV-X and now this... You guys are on point, get that thing out to us soon so we can play with it!
Aug 29, 2016, 06:18 PM
Just another FPV addicted teen
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kablahz
Teaser! More pictures to come.
Having the ESC's there ruins the whole point of the thin arms.. just saying
Aug 30, 2016, 07:10 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by EpicRC
Having the ESC's there ruins the whole point of the thin arms.. just saying
Only way to avoid that is to use an all-in-one esc solution. Gotta do what you have to
Aug 31, 2016, 02:32 AM
When is this scheduled to ship?
Aug 31, 2016, 09:44 AM
Reminds me of the stig 195.

And if these thin arms act in the same way the upright stig arms do in regards to more performance then you should do what you can to keep the arms free from mounting things on them.
Aug 31, 2016, 01:01 PM
I wish the arms had a little bumper to protect the motor bells. I understand this is designed to be as light as possible but it would only be like 1 gram of extra carbon to add a little bump that will take a hit instead of the motor bell. That's a gram or 2 I would be willing to sacrifice. I see that you do gain bumpers when you add the extra arm reinforcements. I just wish they were part of the main arms instead.

This looks like it will be a race winner.

Bring spare motors. In my experience breaking arms can often yank the motor cables out of your motors or damage the windings by compromising the enamel and cause internal shorts in the motor. In theory an arm replacement is easy and fast, but that's assuming your motor isn't killed in the crash.
Aug 31, 2016, 02:08 PM
I would break that just putting it together lol
Aug 31, 2016, 02:47 PM
AntFPV
these twig style arm frames are for the the top class of pilots racing under endorsements . where durability doesnt matter and they need every edge. if they crash and it breaks they have 3 more built and ready. and they only care about the loss not breaking the frame they got for free. if they do well with the frame everybody will want it even though the pilot probably destroyed a couple arms practicing the day before.
I dont understand why everyone drools over stuff like this
Im sure it performs amazing when its in one piece though
Aug 31, 2016, 11:41 PM
Permanently Banned
That seems to about sum it up