Sep 26, 2016, 10:47 AM
I am going to have to agree with everyone about the scale looks. I purchased a Flyzone beaver over the e-flite beaver ( even though I wanted a larger scale ) because of the fact that it was more scale in appearance. E-flite did a bad job with the beaver, its floats and float struts looked horrible and cheap. I personally think they were asking too much for that horrible representation of the beaver and this will fail just like the e-flite beaver. The paint looks terrible, I would definitely consider it if the paint and struts change. The long nose is obnoxious but more doable than the bad paint scheme and ugly struts. Will the fms come with pre installed navigation lights?
Last edited by Wierda; Sep 27, 2016 at 09:39 AM.
to remove ads between posts
Sep 27, 2016, 09:00 AM
Thread OP
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wierda
I am going to have to agree with everyone about the scale looks. I purchased a Flyzone beaver over the e-flite beaver ( even though I wanted a larger scale ) because of the fact that it was more scale in appearance. E-flite did a bad job with the beaver, its floats and float struts looked horrible and cheap. I personally think they were asking too much for that horrible representation of the beaver and this will fail just like the e-flite beaver. The paint looks terrible, I would definitely consider it if the paint and struts change. The long nose is obnoxious but more doable than the bad paint schem and ugly struts. Will the fms come with pre installed navigation lights?
Yes it will have the lights installed. I have asked for an advance copy of the instruction booklet so all can read it. Will post once I have it.
Sep 27, 2016, 09:16 AM
Thank you, we all might end up falling in love with this if it ends up a great flyer. The best part that makes this stand out over the rest is the tow hook and release. A very cool option. I can't wait for the updates! Plus price will be a major factor in its selling point. Any estimates?!?
Latest blog entry: New look to a old plane
Sep 27, 2016, 11:49 AM
Suspended Account
Quote:
Thank you, we all might end up falling in love with this if it ends up a great flyer. The best part that makes this stand out over the rest is the tow hook and release. A very cool option. I can't wait for the updates! Plus price will be a major factor in its selling point. Any estimates?!?
its already on preorder at HH, so I dont see the changing a thing on this plane, looks like what you see is what you get, will cost them to much to fix this one,
Sep 27, 2016, 01:00 PM
Acft Attn Deficit Disorder
Maybe it will be like the Carbon Cub 15cc. Pre-order batch came out, then the second wave seems to be never coming. They said mid Sept..well, that has come and gone. Perhaps the second batch will be done right, assuming they sell out the pre-order. I'm sure there are enough people in the hobby that dont care what their plane looks like to sell a few of these.

-CC
Latest blog entry: From the CC Paint Shop
Sep 27, 2016, 03:39 PM
Suspended Account
thing is because they made this, it will stop another CO. from doing one this size that would of prob, done it right, wish flyzone did one this size. think im going to pass on this, got the 170 coming, that looks so much better than this abortion
Sep 27, 2016, 04:11 PM

cost

https://www.motionrc.com/products/fms-beaver-2000mm-pnp
Sep 28, 2016, 08:30 AM
Crap......... I think the plane has grown on me now and I'm going to have to add it to my collection, LOL
Sep 28, 2016, 08:34 AM
I do wish FMS would come out with a updated model of the 182 with a modern paint scheme plus float set in PNP version just like the beaver. I love my art-tech but want another, and I like the fms version but don't like any of their current scheme's. I have a pic of a modern scheme and my art-tech for reference.
Last edited by Wierda; Sep 28, 2016 at 09:43 AM.
Sep 28, 2016, 10:13 AM
Quote:
Crap......... I think the plane has grown on me now and I'm going to have to add it to my collection, LOL
You will be one of the few beaver fans.....this is only a waterplane model without class.[
Last edited by panamarenko; Sep 28, 2016 at 10:24 AM.
Sep 28, 2016, 10:17 AM
Thread OP
Watch for review from RC informer. He has a demo at Eweek.

jim
Sep 28, 2016, 10:44 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by panamarenko
You will be one of the few beaver fans.....this is only a waterplane model without class.[
It's not that I'm a fan of it....... It's just that it's a platform to start with. I like foamies over stick built because of the fact that in most cases a little glue can put you back in the air in no time. I just like the fact that's it's bigger and can hopefully take a little higher wind.
Sep 28, 2016, 11:08 AM

big beavers...off topic

A big Beaver should have at least the the half of the details of this 3.5 m wingspan fiber model....
Sep 28, 2016, 12:04 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by panamarenko
A big Beaver should have at least the the half of the details of this 3.5 m wingspan fiber model....
That's a beautiful plane but I think they were taking more of an approach into the "Timber" kind of plane category. Is that more of what this (FMS 2000mm Beaver) is Jim (ForceRC)? It's size would closly represent the same scale as the "Timber" and fall into the same foamy category ( a fun clean flyer not meant to be scale looking with high detail )
Last edited by Wierda; Sep 28, 2016 at 12:24 PM.
Sep 28, 2016, 06:09 PM
Suspended Account
Quote:
That's a beautiful plane but I think they were taking more of an approach into the "Timber" kind of plane category. Is that more of what this (FMS 2000mm Beaver) is Jim (ForceRC)? It's size would closly represent the same scale as the "Timber" and fall into the same foamy category ( a fun clean flyer not meant to be scale looking with high detail )
if thats what your looking for , why not get the flyzone beaver, thats the best scale foam beaver, I only wish flyzone made a bigger one

Quick Reply