Sep 20, 2016, 11:30 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by pert
so you dont like feed back
Quote:
Originally Posted by Force RC
The factory has refined the paint and foam and has been tested to not be an issue in the summer sun.

As for scale like, this is my two cents.

Back in the day we had to build from a box of sticks and it it came out looking like a plane be it Beaver, P-51, F4u etc... you took it out and flew it and were very proud of your accomplishment. So today while it is not perfect as you want it, it is designed to make your flying time enjoyable.

Jim
JIM
The comments posted above are constructive criticism. This is your customer base. They are telling you FMS has a good reputation and is a respected maker. But, and it's a big but, the consensus is that this Beaver will be a market failure. The hobbyist today is a discerning one. They expect a quality product. A scale airplane should be , well, scale. This prototype is not. They don't like it. They won't buy it. Dealers read these forums. Reading this one, I would be reluctant to stock this plane in it's current state.

Anyway, back to my first point. Respondents are reacting to what they perceive to be an inferior design. They are offering you suggestions for improvement. To brush them off with your "two cents worth" does not address the issues raised.

If you are representing FMS you would, IMHO, do better to listen and heed.
Cheers
to remove ads between posts
Sep 21, 2016, 09:09 AM
Thread OP
Quote:
Originally Posted by trroadster
JIM
The comments posted above are constructive criticism. This is your customer base. They are telling you FMS has a good reputation and is a respected maker. But, and it's a big but, the consensus is that this Beaver will be a market failure. The hobbyist today is a discerning one. They expect a quality product. A scale airplane should be , well, scale. This prototype is not. They don't like it. They won't buy it. Dealers read these forums. Reading this one, I would be reluctant to stock this plane in it's current state.

Anyway, back to my first point. Respondents are reacting to what they perceive to be an inferior design. They are offering you suggestions for improvement. To brush them off with your "two cents worth" does not address the issues raised.

If you are representing FMS you would, IMHO, do better to listen and heed.
Cheers
The comment was my own and not FMS or Force. Like you all, I to can express opinions and yes I do let FMS know the comments and criticisms.

Jim
Sep 21, 2016, 10:08 AM
Good to know!.

It's full of Beavers lovers around here, Flyzone/ ST-Model/ Ripmax and Hangar9 know that.

I hope FMS would react to your emails and change the marketing strategy with this model.
The RC market is already full enough of junk products.
It's better to pay 100.00 $ more and get a good RTF/PNP model, without many mods.

let us know...
Sep 21, 2016, 08:50 PM
Jim, this is off topic. But I read somewhere in another RCG forum that Force is owned by Horizon Hobby?

This true?

tnx
Sep 22, 2016, 09:41 AM
Thread OP
Yes and No. By agreement with FMS, Horizon and us as the former Diamond Hobby we agreed to send product to Horizon and utilize them as our warehouse and shipping potential.

We are still the link to FMS and are looking at new and additional products that would be exclusive to Force RC.

Jim
Sep 22, 2016, 10:29 AM
I have a few FMS planes, P-51B and D models, P-40B Flying Tiger and consider them to be quality products in both peformance and appearance. This Beaver however is in my opinion, a dud. FMS missed the mark completely on this one. I have the Flyzone Select Scale DHC-2 Beaver and it's a winner but this offering from FMS is bound to fail.

Cheers
Steve
Sep 22, 2016, 11:55 AM
I noticed Horizon hobby is carrying the plane. Looks good to me. I will gladly pre-order the airplane. Look's like Jim has a winner for some of us.
Last edited by Rccowboy13; May 22, 2019 at 10:33 PM.
Sep 22, 2016, 03:05 PM
[QUOTE=Force RC;35785580]Yes and No. By agreement with FMS, Horizon and us as the former Diamond Hobby we agreed to send product to Horizon and utilize them as our warehouse and shipping potential.

We are still the link to FMS and are looking at new and additional products that would be exclusive to Force RC.

Jim[/QUOTE

thanks Jim for your clarification
Sep 23, 2016, 10:36 AM
Thread OP
RC Informer just got one in time for Eweek at Joe Nall. those going will see it first hand.

Jim
Sep 23, 2016, 03:11 PM
it looks very nice in the sky
Sep 23, 2016, 04:47 PM

video

20160917 FMS 2M Beaver seaplane (2 min 4 sec)

https://www.hobbynews.com/articles/p...aver-mk1#share
Last edited by carbow; Sep 23, 2016 at 04:57 PM.
Sep 24, 2016, 06:43 AM
Suspended Account
Quote:
Originally Posted by Force RC
What you are seeing is the first CNC prototype. Refinements are in progress
can you talk them into painting it some other color? that color is so dark. the sun will do a number on that black, brighten it up some, pretty sells
Sep 24, 2016, 10:00 AM
Black has not been a problem on my other planes. Beaver 3 years old and the Prometheus still looking good. When I looked at the pictures in hobby news I was surprized FMS copied a plane from my state of Washington. Also you can really tell the nose difference.
Last edited by carbow; Sep 24, 2016 at 10:15 AM.
Sep 24, 2016, 10:29 AM
Acft Attn Deficit Disorder
When I first saw a small pic of this Beaver, I could already see that the fidelity is way off. My second thought was, maybe its not so bad, but the first thing I will have to do after opening the box is a complete re-paint. The color scheme is completely awful. I couldn't even tolerate the black and orange Flyzone Beaver livery and repainted it. Then I saw that it was 2 meter, and started to get excited about it. Then I looked at bigger pics, and see that it comes with corny sport plane non-scale aluminum bar struts on the floats...so there's ANOTHER thing I would have to correct myself before I could even be seen in public with the thing. I like to customize my models, and also actually build models..but I don't see the point in buying a foamie this far off. It would be less work to just build one the same size out of construction foam board.

Jim (ForceRC) mentioned earlier that, "we had to build from a box of sticks and it it came out looking like a plane". That is true, but modeler skill varies from person to person. Its 2016. Technology allows repeatable precision in manufacturing, thus there is no excuse for this abomination. I say if FMS isn't going to clean up this design and do it justice, they aught to just go all out with the deviations from scale and not give it the distinguished title of Beaver.

Lets see..the market already has the Tundra, and the Timber. How about call this one, The Puddle 2M ?

PS...no scale tailwheel assembly either. I'm gonna have to re-visit the idea of this plane in a few months...hopefully after its been overhauled.

-CC
Last edited by Cubcrazy; Sep 24, 2016 at 10:42 AM.
Sep 26, 2016, 10:17 AM
Suspended Account
Quote:
Originally Posted by carbow
Black has not been a problem on my other planes. Beaver 3 years old and the Prometheus still looking good. When I looked at the pictures in hobby news I was surprized FMS copied a plane from my state of Washington. Also you can really tell the nose difference.
you fly at night?

Quick Reply