Sep 29, 2016, 07:07 AM
Ken's CAD Models
Quote:
Originally Posted by Timbo383
Get to fly yours yet Ken, inquiring minds want to know....Next on my list to build, after the 4 or 5 others that ain't done yet.
Not yet. Been tied up with other things at the moment. Hopefully soon.

Ken
to remove ads between posts
Sep 29, 2016, 09:58 PM
deleted
Oct 13, 2016, 09:37 AM
Dear azamkl
could you take a picture
how to attach motor on the motor mount
Oct 13, 2016, 10:53 AM
a.k.a MJ
Quote:
Originally Posted by hsiaochung
Dear azamkl
could you take a picture
how to attach motor on the motor mount
Once you have assembled the fuselage area and not glue the top motor mount, thing should be easier.

You need to hot glue the flat motor mount (#2) to the vertical motor mount (#1) first to the fuselage assembly. Then get your motor screwed onto the hardwood / plywood. Once both parts are ready, hot glue them both to the fuselage end.

Hopefully the image attached could help you out.
Oct 14, 2016, 09:12 AM
Thanks for your answer

Waiting another great airplane designed by you
Oct 28, 2016, 06:14 PM
First of all, what a beautiful design! And now my question. Is this aircraft easy to fly for a beginner?

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Tapatalk
Oct 31, 2016, 01:36 AM
a.k.a MJ
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lentar
First of all, what a beautiful design! And now my question. Is this aircraft easy to fly for a beginner?

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Tapatalk
Thanks for the compliment. However, this baby does not suit for beginner. Very agile, responsive in every input given.. you need to at least been able to fly a low wing trainer to start with.

But then, it is an easy build.. why not give it a try
Nov 27, 2016, 09:19 PM
Would this work as an elevon setup?
Nov 27, 2016, 10:14 PM
a.k.a MJ
Hi jpot1, if you want to use elevon, you need to have a separate elevator for the setup . To me, normal setup is far enough already.
Jan 09, 2017, 07:12 PM
Ken's CAD Models
Maiden flight tomorrow, indoors!

Ken
Jan 09, 2017, 11:31 PM
I Look, Listen, and Learn
Jan 10, 2017, 05:08 PM
Ken's CAD Models
The maiden flight went pretty well. For whatever reason when I plugged my battery in the elevator servo was has fits. This settled down after a short bit and then was not a problem. I suspect a dirty wiper on the potentiometer. Anyway, I flew with a 1300 mAh 3s battery and had to have it fully aft as far as I could get it to balance per specification. Checked control surface directions, all checked. Held it by the wing tip and gave it a toss with about half throttle. She flew straight away, but I did have to hold some up elevator. After a couple of circuits, I retrimmed the elevator for a steady level and somewhat slower flight for indoors. Then landed. I added 75% expo to tame the ailerons down a bit, but should reduce that to about 50%. It was a little too soft at 75%.

The plane looks really great in the air and is very stable in all axes. Mine has rudder control and I tested it for yaw roll coupling, which it did have. Left rudder induced a left roll and conversely right rudder induced a right roll.

I kept having problems with my esc and at one point it seemed like I lost control and had to fly over the flight line into a safety net. This caused it to fall and damage the elevator and one wingtip. All easily repairable.

Looking forward to more flights and now it is worthy of a paint job.

Ken
Last edited by dz1sfb; Jan 10, 2017 at 05:30 PM.
Jan 10, 2017, 09:50 PM
I Look, Listen, and Learn
Glad to hear the flight was good even with the problems.....uh, where's the video?
I really hate electrical problems, I had a servo locking in the up position on an elevon just this morning on a new build.....good thing I ran it through enough testing before getting in the air.
Jan 11, 2017, 07:11 AM
Ken's CAD Models
Quote:
Originally Posted by Timbo383
Glad to hear the flight was good even with the problems.....uh, where's the video?
I really hate electrical problems, I had a servo locking in the up position on an elevon just this morning on a new build.....good thing I ran it through enough testing before getting in the air.
I did not have a video helper yesterday.

Ken
Jan 11, 2017, 09:24 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by azamkl
Yeap Ken, that's the motor I'm using on this baby. Coupled with 30A ESC and 2200mah lipo.. not a good combination. My bad. Had to switched to 1500mah lipo. I'm not sure if the motor could handle the 4S.. a local friend once told me that 2200mah 3S is the maximum for it. Would like to know how it flew with your setup.
Those 2826 2200kv motors can absolutely handle 4S setups. Thats the standard motor used in almost all jets over at rcpowers.com, and many build them to 4S power setups for crazy power. I stick to 3S 2200 mah batts for my parkflyer jets. They suit my jets perfectly.

Quick Reply