Sep 12, 2016, 01:19 AM
Hi fellows, it seems like a cool plane..I would like to build one...I am wondering the specs though..wingspan, length. Etc..so i can adjust the printing size.
to remove ads between posts
Sep 12, 2016, 01:07 PM
a.k.a MJ
End up mine with 650g AUW. This is with 2200mah lipo. Haven't had a chance to test the thrust produce with this setup and I didn't have much data for the 'thrust-to-weight' ratio. Do let us know how it turn out for you Ken.
Sep 12, 2016, 01:11 PM
a.k.a MJ
Quote:
Originally Posted by letsstart78
Hi fellows, it seems like a cool plane..I would like to build one...I am wondering the specs though..wingspan, length. Etc..so i can adjust the printing size.
Hi Lee, this plane is design with 30" WS in mind and the length is around 890mm. I setup it with 2200kv Turnigy motor, 6x4 prop and the AUW should not exceed 700g.

2200mah with 30C 3S lipo seem a bit heavy for this plane(that's the only lipo I have for now ) I recommend you to use 1500mah instead for lighter AUW.
Sep 12, 2016, 01:14 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by azamkl
End up mine with 650g AUW. This is with 2200mah lipo. Haven't had a chance to test the thrust produce with this setup and I didn't have much data for the 'thrust-to-weight' ratio. Do let us know how it turn out for you Ken.
If you goto product page on hobbyking where you bought those motored there is info on thrust under the file tab.
Sep 12, 2016, 01:16 PM
Thanks ...I will build one on the weekend
Sep 17, 2016, 02:30 PM
here is my 80%build. I changed couple of things. canopy and wings are one piece and bottom plate is different as well.
Sep 18, 2016, 08:20 PM
Ken's CAD Models
Got mine almost ready to maiden. All electronic gear is installed. Just have to secure the servo wires to the airframe, set the Velcro in the battery tray, and install the magnetic catch on the canopy.

I found out my esc was not working, so I robbed the one out my F-22. Also switched to a 3 blade prop that I use on multi rotors that is 5 x 4.5. They run very smooth. Going to start with 3s as I don't think this other esc will handle the load.

Will put up video of the maiden, then she'll get some color.

Ken
Sep 19, 2016, 01:58 AM
a.k.a MJ
Quote:
Originally Posted by letsstart78
here is my 80%build. I changed couple of things. canopy and wings are one piece and bottom plate is different as well.
How did you managed to get the whole wing in one piece cut out? I'm guessing you are using a wider depron sheet than mine. Looks like a 3mm depron. May I know how you going to add in the reinforcement to it? Carbon hollow spar?
Sep 19, 2016, 02:00 AM
a.k.a MJ
Quote:
Originally Posted by dz1sfb
Got mine almost ready to maiden. All electronic gear is installed. Just have to secure the servo wires to the airframe, set the Velcro in the battery tray, and install the magnetic catch on the canopy.

I found out my esc was not working, so I robbed the one out my F-22. Also switched to a 3 blade prop that I use on multi rotors that is 5 x 4.5. They run very smooth. Going to start with 3s as I don't think this other esc will handle the load.

Will put up video of the maiden, then she'll get some color.

Ken
Great! to hear that Ken. Can't hardly wait to see it. I'm currently editing the original plan and some improvement in order to accomodate for 2200mah lipo with this Turnigy 2200kv motor.
Sep 19, 2016, 06:15 AM
Ken's CAD Models
Quote:
Great! to hear that Ken. Can't hardly wait to see it. I'm currently editing the original plan and some improvement in order to accomodate for 2200mah lipo with this Turnigy 2200kv motor.
Experimenting with the CG, I don't believe this bird will need more than a 1300 mAh 3 or 4s. I have a 1300 2s that I was using to setup the servos and found that it needed to be very rearward in order to get the CG at the specified point. Which is actually a very good trait. Keeping the mass close to the CG makes for a better flying model.

Ken
Sep 19, 2016, 01:44 PM
Plans look great. Going to build out of DTFB and I have a smaller swappable power pod - 1.5 x 1.5 x 3 inches. If I don't install your motor mount is there enough room do you think? Was trying to figure out before I start printing!
Sep 19, 2016, 10:31 PM
a.k.a MJ
Quote:
Originally Posted by jpot1
Plans look great. Going to build out of DTFB and I have a smaller swappable power pod - 1.5 x 1.5 x 3 inches. If I don't install your motor mount is there enough room do you think? Was trying to figure out before I start printing!
Originally during the design process, I'm using the FliteTest power pod as per my guidance in finding the suitable width of the plane. It should be enough room for you if you are planning in using 'power pod' instead of my motor mount. Seeing on the plan it self, the width of the fuselage for the motor approx 2inch.

I'm not using 'power pod' is because I don't want to add more weight to it. Probably I should start thinking of it on my next project since everybody are talking about it.
Sep 20, 2016, 07:58 AM
Quote:
Originally during the design process, I'm using the FliteTest power pod as per my guidance in finding the suitable width of the plane. It should be enough room for you if you are planning in using 'power pod' instead of my motor mount. Seeing on the plan it self, the width of the fuselage for the motor approx 2inch.

I'm not using 'power pod' is because I don't want to add more weight to it. Probably I should start thinking of it on my next project since everybody are talking about it.
Thanks, adding this to my build list. I'm cheap and currently use a power pod that I shrunk down to move my motor/esc/receiver between 4 different planes.
Sep 21, 2016, 01:42 AM
Quote:
How did you managed to get the whole wing in one piece cut out? I'm guessing you are using a wider depron sheet than mine. Looks like a 3mm depron. May I know how you going to add in the reinforcement to it? Carbon hollow spar?
I didn't use depron , I used Adams foamboard. without spar.
Sep 28, 2016, 04:51 PM
I Look, Listen, and Learn
Get to fly yours yet Ken, inquiring minds want to know....Next on my list to build, after the 4 or 5 others that ain't done yet.

Quick Reply