Thread Tools
Sep 01, 2016, 03:53 PM
Ken's CAD Models
dz1sfb's Avatar
Great! I prefer the single sheet plan, as I use this to convert to a cut file.

Is this the motor your using? If so, they really come alive on 4s with the 6 x 4 prop.



Ken
Sign up now
to remove ads between posts
Sep 01, 2016, 06:11 PM
Ken's CAD Models
dz1sfb's Avatar
Pretty much got the gist of it here. I see a few mistakes on my part. I am modeling for MPF.

Ken
Sep 01, 2016, 08:07 PM
Ken's CAD Models
dz1sfb's Avatar
Okay, I made just a few small changes for mine, mostly to accommodate MPF. One piece elevator, enlarged the ailerons a bit, added a rudder, and changed the motor mount area to fuselage doublers, and added spars. It uses a 1 meter piece of 3mm carbon tube cut at 28" for the rear spar and the balance for the front.

Ken
Last edited by dz1sfb; Sep 01, 2016 at 08:30 PM.
Sep 01, 2016, 11:34 PM
a.k.a MJ
azamkl's Avatar
Thread OP
Yeap Ken, that's the motor I'm using on this baby. Coupled with 30A ESC and 2200mah lipo.. not a good combination. My bad. Had to switched to 1500mah lipo. I'm not sure if the motor could handle the 4S.. a local friend once told me that 2200mah 3S is the maximum for it. Would like to know how it flew with your setup.

Oh ya..you are modelling for MPF? and MPF stands for?

I'm using a wood spar for the wing, sandwich together between the KFM, will post picture later. I would like to build my second Yak without using the KFM and see how it fly. As to me that the KFM give more drag as to what my power setup currently are.

Oh ya, some increase in elevator surface might be a good idea Ken.
Sep 02, 2016, 02:01 AM
NewFlyer
KenChin's Avatar
Hi Azam! Still active in hobby i see. Great that you have made your post in here.

Hope to catch you at the flying field one day.
Sep 02, 2016, 04:11 AM
Ken's CAD Models
dz1sfb's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by azamkl
Yeap Ken, that's the motor I'm using on this baby. Coupled with 30A ESC and 2200mah lipo.. not a good combination. My bad. Had to switched to 1500mah lipo. I'm not sure if the motor could handle the 4S.. a local friend once told me that 2200mah 3S is the maximum for it. Would like to know how it flew with your setup.

Oh ya..you are modelling for MPF? and MPF stands for?

I'm using a wood spar for the wing, sandwich together between the KFM, will post picture later. I would like to build my second Yak without using the KFM and see how it fly. As to me that the KFM give more drag as to what my power setup currently are.

Oh ya, some increase in elevator surface might be a good idea Ken.
That's great to hear. I have used that motor with a 30A esc and a 6 x 4 prop with a 1500 mAh 4s battery in my Xraycer without any overheating issues. Here is a short video showing that setup in action. The sound is a bit muffled as it was shot with a GoPro in a case.

Ken

Xraycer short (0 min 40 sec)


Xraycer Motor Setup (0 min 12 sec)
Sep 02, 2016, 10:49 AM
a.k.a MJ
azamkl's Avatar
Thread OP
Quote:
Originally Posted by dz1sfb
That's great to hear. I have used that motor with a 30A esc and a 6 x 4 prop with a 1500 mAh 4s battery in my Xraycer without any overheating issues. Here is a short video showing that setup in action. The sound is a bit muffled as it was shot with a GoPro in a case.

Ken

https://youtu.be/KXI-Z-rghQM

https://youtu.be/D87BjxDKLVc
Wow.. that's fast!! hard to believe it with that small motor. Gotta get ma self a 4S too
Sep 02, 2016, 10:51 AM
a.k.a MJ
azamkl's Avatar
Thread OP
Quote:
Originally Posted by KenChin
Hi Azam! Still active in hobby i see. Great that you have made your post in here.

Hope to catch you at the flying field one day.
Hi KenChin. It's been a long time since my last flying. Now I'm back. I'm flying in Cyberjaya area.. we shud have some PM later.
Sep 04, 2016, 11:58 AM
Ken's CAD Models
dz1sfb's Avatar
I really like the size of this model. Here it is tacked up with tape.

Got a little dirt and grass on the nose from test chucking it.

Ken
Sep 06, 2016, 03:43 AM
Ken's CAD Models
dz1sfb's Avatar
MPF = Model Plane Foam

Ken
Sep 06, 2016, 01:27 PM
Ken's CAD Models
dz1sfb's Avatar
Making progress.

Ken
Sep 06, 2016, 03:21 PM
I Look, Listen, and Learn
Timbo383's Avatar
Looking good
Sep 06, 2016, 10:22 PM
a.k.a MJ
azamkl's Avatar
Thread OP
Nice sanded edge Ken. Are you planning on having KFM fit onto the wings? I was thinking of flat wings w/o the KFM would be much better and increase in speed as it reduce drag for this small plane.
Sep 07, 2016, 06:21 AM
Ken's CAD Models
dz1sfb's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by azamkl
Nice sanded edge Ken. Are you planning on having KFM fit onto the wings? I was thinking of flat wings w/o the KFM would be much better and increase in speed as it reduce drag for this small plane.
Azamkl,
I am planning on using the KFm2 panel. However, it is important to finish the airfoil. This will greatly reduce the drag and still give the benefits of that airfoil. The delta in the video I posted has a KF airfoil.

Here's the formula I use.

Ken
Sep 11, 2016, 05:47 PM
Ken's CAD Models
dz1sfb's Avatar
More progress.

The power system weighs 100g and the bare airframe is 150g.

Ken


Quick Reply
Message:

Thread Tools