Yak-130 MJ - RC Groups
Shop our Airplanes Products Drone Products Sales
Aug 29, 2016, 01:47 AM
a.k.a MJ
Build Log

Yak-130 MJ

The love for the mid-pusher setup airplane does bite me hard. I just love how the plane with the mid-pusher motor looks and flies great. This is second love after been fidling with rear pusher setup.

I've choose Yak-130 as the project for this build log article. Since the actual design of the aircraft permit able for me to design my self a mid-pusher setup, I pushed it through.

With the design of the Yak-130, I find it suitable for 2200kv motor with 6x4 prop as my initial calculation and it sounds flyable to me with this setup.

Aiming for 30' wingspan and weight should not exceed 600g for auw. I started designing it using sketchup.

Objective:
- to have a 30' ws plane.
- to support for 2200kv with 2200mah lipo 30c.
- auw should not exceed 600g.
- easy to build with less foam cutting.

With this build log of Yak-130 MJ, nothing fancy in the building material. I'm using a 6mm depron sheet (2 sheets in total), 2200kv motor turnigy, 2200mah lipo, 6x4 prop, hot glue, acrylic spray and so on.

If anyone interested in building it too, do let me know.
Last edited by azamkl; Aug 31, 2016 at 10:49 AM. Reason: Add in PDF plan
to remove ads between posts
Aug 29, 2016, 02:00 AM
a.k.a MJ
This is what I've came up so far. Not maiden it yet and still waiting for the electronics to arrive.
Aug 29, 2016, 10:28 AM
Crash,fly,crash again....
Looks very cool!Please film the maiden!!!!!
Aug 29, 2016, 10:38 AM
serial scratchbuilder
Definitely interested. Will you be offering plans?
Aug 29, 2016, 10:36 PM
a.k.a MJ
Need to maiden it first and maybe some minor tweak before I release the plan. From this point of calculation, all should add up perfectly and the left over are my nervousness during each maiden flight. Been raining a couple of days here. Should be able to maiden it within a couple of more days. Finger cross.
Aug 30, 2016, 12:23 AM
Allways the hard way!
Very nice looking plane you built... I'm also in love with mid-pusher jets.. or as i call them slot-jets. I have designed and built many as well. BUT i'm lazy so mine are all simple profiles. I prefer the reduced weight and simplicity of the profile types... but one day i will do something nice like your model.
Aug 30, 2016, 08:42 AM
I Look, Listen, and Learn
Plans, plans, plans looks nice and somewhat within my skills to build. Will be waiting, good luck on the maiden.
Aug 30, 2016, 03:49 PM
Ken's CAD Models
Very nice!

Ken
Latest blog entry: Mini H Quad Project
Aug 30, 2016, 08:57 PM
I Look, Listen, and Learn
I usually read posts on my phone at work....shhh.... and cannot see the locations of everyone. just checked up on my subscribed threads on my computer and noticed how many people across the globe have posted just on this site alone. It's good to see so many people from different countries enjoying this hobby and sharing their ideas with others....Just wanted to mention that.
Aug 31, 2016, 10:48 AM
a.k.a MJ

The Build

Started to print out the full page plan into A4 tile paper. Kindda hard for me to reach for the plotter around here. Starting the cut out of depron and finished it within 1 hour.

Add in another 1 to 2 hour for the assembly of all the parts together with the electronics are all tuck in. In my building process, the coloring are made using an acrylic lacquer spray can and it turn out that I've overstep the process.

The whole plane should be completed first (with out the motor in) before you start spraying it with color. Else you'll end up like me where taping the hinge does not stick well to the surface.

p/s: Full page plane has been updated on my 1st post.
Aug 31, 2016, 10:55 AM
a.k.a MJ

The Maiden

After a couple of days waiting for the perfect day, I finally maiden it.

First Maiden
The first attempt/video show that the plane are overweight with the initial setup. The result are from using the 2200mah 3S 30c lipo.

Yakovlev Yak-130 MJ - First Maiden (1 min 14 sec)

Second Maiden
After changing the lipo to 1500mah, it flew great

Yakovlev Yak-130 MJ - Second Maiden (2 min 31 sec)
Aug 31, 2016, 11:36 AM
Allways the hard way!
Congrats on the maiden! Seeing the plane at start of the video actually shows off how nice your plane really is. Verry pretty! Nice size as well..

Great job!
Aug 31, 2016, 11:43 AM
a.k.a MJ
Thanks guy for the appreciation. Hopefully I can see someone building it without using the KFM and see how does it fly.
Aug 31, 2016, 07:16 PM
Ken's CAD Models
Looks great! Can't wait to see the plans.

Ken
Latest blog entry: Mini H Quad Project
Aug 31, 2016, 09:23 PM
a.k.a MJ
Quote:
Originally Posted by dz1sfb
Looks great! Can't wait to see the plans.

Ken
Hi Ken, I have update the plan on my first post. However, it is in a full page plan. Love to see you building it too

Quick Reply