Align T-REX 470LP Dominator Super Combo - RC Groups

Align T-REX 470LP Dominator Super Combo

The new LP T-rex opens the doors to many markets and provides beginners a great option for success...

Splash

Align introduces a composite rotor head and tail Trex 470LP

Align is a non-stop helicopter producing machine company. The newest release is the Trex 470LP. Similar to the LM version, this new addition is catering to the economical market. It also has some new high hardness composite plastic for not only the main rotor head, but also the tail box and tail blade grips and other smaller parts.

The new super combo includes a full electronics kit including the Micro BeatsX. The rest of the helicopter is still on the same train as the LM version and I'm sure you can upgrade when needed to metal as your experience progresses.

For more information on the Plastic version of the 470L click here.

Accessories:

• T-REX 470LP Dominator set x 1
  • 380 Carbon Fiber Blades x 1set
  • 470MX Brushless Motor (1800KV) x 1
  • RCE-BL50X 50A Brushless ESC x 1
  • Microbeast Plus Flybarless System x 1

Last edited by ndfly700; Aug 29, 2016 at 12:27 AM..
Sep 06, 2016, 08:15 PM
Argh. How about a version without electronics to make it cheaper. Really don't want the beast or servos and could do without the esc.
Sep 13, 2016, 12:21 AM
rc user
So this the equivalent, or at least what Align was trying to do with the 450 plus..

I just don't get it though, it probably still isn't economical, and if I was spending this kind of money I'd pay the extra for a kit with metal parts.

Edit: Ok, I'm coming around, maybe the plastic isn't so bad after all. starting to look like a nice kit.
Last edited by pdooley; Nov 17, 2016 at 11:07 AM.
Sep 13, 2016, 08:48 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by pdooley
So this the equivalent, or at least what Align was trying to do with the 450 plus..

I just don't get it though, it probably still isn't economical, and if I was spending this kind of money I'd pay the extra for a kit with metal parts.
I'm wondering if it's a bit of the plus and some of what makes the X3 so bulletproof.
Oct 30, 2016, 10:48 AM
Helli
Has anyone tried 470LP version so far? I wonder if plastic will turn out to be cheaper and weaker version or maybe lighter, stronger and more durable heli...?
Nov 19, 2016, 03:16 PM
Anyone flying the LP version besides me ?
Nov 19, 2016, 03:39 PM
rc user
no, but how do you like yours?
Nov 19, 2016, 04:14 PM
I really like the plastic version except the ugly tail case.
I haven't weighed the heli but it feels about the same as the 450L to me.
Tail drive is a welcome design improvement imo and it's fast and super stable with the mcbp
I normally fly vbar but I got it with the combo and used it but I'm not familiar w the unit so it's prob not setup as good as it could be
All in all I'm impressed with the 470lp
I have g380 also and it's considerably larger and a lot heavier and fly like no other but the trex is faster and so far feels about as stable
Nov 26, 2016, 06:36 PM
im hopefully gong to be geting the LP version beginning of next year.

180 with esc and motor is fantastic price though its the 6s motor, would have prefered 3s. just hagve to save the penies for th batteries then.

Might even spend a little money on the gyor, either an Ikon or neuron..
Nov 27, 2016, 08:56 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shaned0816
Anyone flying the LP version besides me ?

Some additional reviews /feedback here - http://helifreak.com/showthread.php?t=749728&page=19
Nov 28, 2016, 12:53 AM
Update
After flying the LP version for a few weeks and getting familiar with the bx I have to say this is what a model heli should be!!
This heli is takes a crash very good
Bent feathershaft and boom and blades is only damage from a tail down lawn dart running 95% th !!
This combo feels as close to sim as any heli I've flown so far
I ordered a second kit I like it so much and I've never even considered a second kit before
It's perfect size to grab and go and it's enough heli to take to the field too
Nov 28, 2016, 04:12 AM
Airframe only kit is selling for $150, parts are dirt cheap. Example main blade grips, $6.99 for a pack of four. Really the only thing on this I would replace with aluminum is the main rotor hub, and even that would be a cheap upgrade at $13.

I hope they do 700 with a direct drive belt tail and inexpensive plastic parts because I'll be all over that.
Nov 28, 2016, 09:57 AM
No doubt!!
Nov 28, 2016, 10:08 AM
I'm liking the bx plus after learning to tune it.
I'll be selling my current crop of vbars and getting more if it holds up over the winter months of flying
I live on the banks of the OH river and the wind gets pretty bad but it's normally a strait line so I can deal whitch it
The 470 handles wind very good running 88% th and + - 11 degrees pitch
Heli weighs 1126 g with pulse 1800 45c packs and I'm getting 6:20 flights with mixed flying
I'm no stick banger just some flips/rolls and inverted stuff but I'm learning a lot faster with this heli
It's great to have a heli that stays where u put it!!
The align blades are a good mix of pop and stability and my choice for this heli.
I tried them on the g380 and they feel little soft but I think that's because the g380 is a lot heavier.
Nov 28, 2016, 10:13 AM
I may get the upgrade metal parts for this heli but It def don't need em!!
They may look cool but I think metal bends sometimes where plastic just breaks
I've run the HS at 100% for a few flights and it'll start to bog some halfway but that's because there's no overhead for gov I think but the head will take 100% and not explode for sure