Aug 18, 2019, 09:57 AM
Anyone know where i can buy this now? or at least the CHUCK & SkyController2 ?
to remove ads between posts
Aug 18, 2019, 02:14 PM

4g mod issue

Had a issue with my cell phone this week and apple fixed my issue without having to make any changes. I got home and went to fly my 4g disco and for some reason the skycontroller after taping the setting button does blink magenta but always falls back to solid green light. It has always ,for the most part, locked in to the 4 g and has given me a solid blue light on the SC. I have checked my iphone setting and all seem to be correct , My ipad that i use to tether into the cell phone shows connected although in the past the phone would show 2 devices connected on the phones hotspot and now it only shows 1. Can you guys have any tips / ideas I can try it would be most appreciated .

Johnny
Aug 18, 2019, 04:15 PM
If anyone selling their disco or better their Chuck and controller pm me thanks
Aug 18, 2019, 11:14 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by timtimtim
If anyone selling their disco or better their Chuck and controller pm me thanks
I just bought a chuck from https://www.ebay.nl/usr/tech-buys-uk...p2047675.l2559 he likely has more as he listed another one when I bought mine.

Why I needed one? A collision and an over sized battery knocked the power board of and removed an IC from the board below. I am trying to resurrect that CHUCK but need also a new case as all the power board feet are sheered off. And I need to protect the chuck better from the battery kicking the power connector etc. when using an oversized battery : -(

Good luck,

Robert.
Aug 19, 2019, 04:15 PM
I need to real-time share ( to individuals / social media) the live video feed from the Disco. Is there a recommended way of doing this or another (android/ IOS) application I can use ?

Thanks
Aug 20, 2019, 05:12 AM

High resolution picture needed of C.H.U.C.K flat flexible cable connecting BLDC to MB

Hi guys, I have searched the forum and the web for hours trying to locate a suitable picture of the FFC that connects the motherboard to the bldc inside the CHUCK. I damaged mine whilst repairing the front camera and have proceeded to remove both connectors from either side and solder individual strands of kynar to replace the cable, however the chuck fails to boot. After viewing a few low resolution photos I can see this is probably due to a little custom flex cable antics by parrot. It appears that there are some pins that I think may be either paralleled into other pins or moved completely at the termination.

If anyone has or could please take a photo of there cable in high resolution so as I can amend my repair and get back in the air Id be much appreciative. I have attached some photos describing what I am talking about.

I of course emailed parrot tech asking to purchase a new cable, no surprises that over two weeks and no response.

Last edited by xerionx; Aug 20, 2019 at 05:26 AM. Reason: Embedded BBtag for image
Aug 20, 2019, 09:23 AM
Join Uavpal at Slack and ask the guys there, some of them are really into the Chuck.
If you do not get a response here, I mean. No discredit meant.
Aug 20, 2019, 09:55 AM
QUAD-A-HOLIC
Offshore fun!

Parrot Disco Chemgas tanker flyby (4 min 40 sec)
Last edited by MOFO64; Aug 21, 2019 at 01:51 PM.
Aug 20, 2019, 03:28 PM
QUAD-A-HOLIC
Parrot Disco - Clouding (11 min 27 sec)
Aug 20, 2019, 03:30 PM
QUAD-A-HOLIC
Parrot Disco - Freezing reservoir (6 min 20 sec)
Aug 21, 2019, 11:20 AM
QUAD-A-HOLIC
Parrot Disco - Tanker flight (6 min 0 sec)
Aug 21, 2019, 04:04 PM
QUAD-A-HOLIC
8200ft altitude on WiFi

Parrot Disco - 2500m altitude 8202ft (5 min 43 sec)
Aug 21, 2019, 04:09 PM
QUAD-A-HOLIC
Disco following Disco - Formation flying (7 min 13 sec)
Aug 21, 2019, 05:15 PM
Okay I want to get a bigger battery, what's the biggest I can fit ?
Aug 22, 2019, 05:48 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by timtimtim
Okay I want to get a bigger battery, what's the biggest I can fit ?
Zop 5400 but require a Little cut for best fitting
https://www.banggood.com/custlink/mv3mrlKyor

Over more than 80 minutes of flight

Quick Reply