View Poll Results: Did you pass the PT 107 Test?
Yes, it was a breeze 17 34.69%
Yes, but it was challenging 30 61.22%
No, I need to study more 2 4.08%
Failed it twice! 0 0%
Voters: 49. You may not vote on this poll

Aug 28, 2016, 10:10 AM
Thread OP
Poll

Did you Pass your 107 Knowledge Test?

Did you pass the Knowledge test at the FAA testing center? (When it is finally available that is...)
to remove ads between posts
Aug 29, 2016, 10:38 AM
Multirotors are models too!

Part 107 test feedback

I didn't want to start a new thread and have 100 "Part 107 test" threads, so I hope no one minds me expanding this a little

Ok, for the guys/girls that have taken the official Part 107 test at a testing center, how does the test compare the practice questions? I haven't scheduled yet, as I am moving, but would like to schedule asap after the move. What were your impressions? Were the practice questions a good representation of what is actually on the test?

Thanks
Rusty
Latest blog entry: Test entry
Aug 29, 2016, 10:54 AM
Keeping an eye on this thread. Taking the test later today :-)
Aug 29, 2016, 10:57 AM
Multirotors are models too!
Quote:
Originally Posted by llbr22
Good Luck!!
Latest blog entry: Test entry
Aug 29, 2016, 11:43 AM
Thread OP
Good luck everyone! The poll is anonymous so please answer honestly!
Aug 29, 2016, 11:55 AM
Thread OP
Quote:
Originally Posted by llbr22
Reports are coming in that Airspace is heavy on the test. Just a 2 cents! Looking forward to hearing how you did. Good luck!
Aug 29, 2016, 01:48 PM
Manufacturer

Passed- It is a Challenging Test

I took the test on 08-29-2016 @ 0900 hrs. I was the only one in the testing office. I am one of the 1st if not the 1st to take, complete & pass this exam. It is a challenging test.... Not a walk in the park..... Study... Study... Study.....
Aug 29, 2016, 02:31 PM
Thanks for the tips all, cramming in another hour of studying before the afternoon test.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Aug 29, 2016, 02:42 PM
Thread OP
Quote:
Originally Posted by HexaCrafter
I took the test on 08-29-2016 @ 0900 hrs. I was the only one in the testing office. I am one of the 1st if not the 1st to take, complete & pass this exam. It is a challenging test.... Not a walk in the park..... Study... Study... Study.....
What parts did you find the worst? Future testers will thank you!
Aug 29, 2016, 03:23 PM
Manufacturer
Many questions appear nowhere in the study materials. Sectional charts reading proficiency is a must. Knowledge of weather terms and conditions is a must. Knowledge of airport operations is a must..... and knowledge of the rules of part107 are a must... Other important study materials are aircraft balance and the effects on aircraft performance....
So heed my advice.... Study... Study... Study...
I hope this helps.
Aug 29, 2016, 05:56 PM
Thread OP
Quote:
Originally Posted by HexaCrafter
Many questions appear nowhere in the study materials. Sectional charts reading proficiency is a must. Knowledge of weather terms and conditions is a must. Knowledge of airport operations is a must..... and knowledge of the rules of part107 are a must... Other important study materials are aircraft balance and the effects on aircraft performance....
So heed my advice.... Study... Study... Study...
I hope this helps.
Hopefully the FAA will sort out some of the full-scale operations questions in time. Not sure how much taxiway paint has to do with MOST drone flights. I know some sUAS are sharing runways with manned traffic but they are the exception not the rule. Thanks for the report!
Aug 29, 2016, 07:09 PM
Passed!! Like Hexa said, study!!! Holy crap, without any previous aviation or aeronautical experience it is not an easy test.

I had no previous experience with any of it, studied for probably less than 10 hours. Definitely put more time in than I did, as I barely passed.

Last edited by llbr22; Aug 29, 2016 at 07:50 PM.
Aug 29, 2016, 07:16 PM
Curious where I am I had to call in to schedule test. My first call I was on hold so long I had to hang up to meet a customer. The second call I had more time and waited it out. I could have scheduled tomorrow but not today. Did you all that took the test schedule it today?
Aug 29, 2016, 07:22 PM
Scheduled mine a few days ago, had not problems calling in.

Aug 29, 2016, 07:58 PM
The FAA published a Study Guide. It would be useful to know if the material on the test was covered completely by this Study Guide.

https://www.faa.gov/regulations_poli...tudy_guide.pdf
Last edited by FrankFuss; Aug 30, 2016 at 01:46 AM.

Quick Reply