FrSky Horus X12S - A new beginning. - Page 604 - RC Groups
Mar 18, 2017, 03:27 AM
Just started to do some knife edge mix settings on various models and I have been putting them in the mixer tab.

Is this the correct way to do it as when I do rud to ail I have to do it on 2 channels (ch2 +ch5) to control both ailerons.which I don't mind but when adjusting values I have to remember to do both.

Before I carry on is there not a lua mix available for this or should I do it on the input tab.

Just curious how others do it.

I have a basic model template for planes with dual rates/expo and switch settings etc
So I was going to add the knife edge mix to it for all future models activated by a switch at 1st until adjusted correctly.
to remove ads between posts
Mar 18, 2017, 05:28 AM
forgot quote
Last edited by rilayton; Mar 18, 2017 at 05:30 AM. Reason: wrong place
Mar 18, 2017, 07:18 AM
Hi!
I need some help please! I tried to flash OpenTX 2.2.0 on my Turnigy 9x-AR9X board in order to be able to use a 4 in 1 Multiprotocol module from Banggood. When I try to write firmwear to radio and I check for downloads, I recieve a message: compilation error. If Itry to go further, I recieve a message: OpenTX 2.2.0 seems not to be installed on this computer. If I want to install, in Startup appears that it is allready installed. When I try to write firmwear to radio, another message appears: Compilation error! If I go further, the firmwear is written to radio, but in the "finish"window appears that "com port 23 has not been found". Please tell me what to do!
Thanks for the help!
Vlad
Mar 18, 2017, 09:15 AM
Bryan
Quote:
Originally Posted by digger951
Just started to do some knife edge mix settings on various models and I have been putting them in the mixer tab.

Is this the correct way to do it as when I do rud to ail I have to do it on 2 channels (ch2 +ch5) to control both ailerons.which I don't mind but when adjusting values I have to remember to do both.

Flight modes are probably the best way** to do this sort of thing. They have individual trim settings so things can be tweaked on the fly. They simplify the mixer settings a lot.

** provided you always KE with the same wing up.
Mar 18, 2017, 12:00 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by digger951
Just started to do some knife edge mix settings on various models and I have been putting them in the mixer tab..
If you use a GVAR to store your rudder mix strength, then you only need to make one adjustment:

Code:
CH1
Src=[I]Ail, wt=100
Src=Rudder, wt=GV1

CH5
Src=[I]Ail, wt=-100
Src=Rudder, weight=-GV1
Or you could use a high channel (CH10) for the rudder mix, and propagate it to the aileron servos:

Code:
CH1: 
Src=[I]Ail, wt=100
Src=CH10, wt=100

CH5
Src=[I]Ail, wt=-100
Src=CH10, wt=-100

CH10 rudder 
Src=Rudder, weight={adjust here}
Or taking it a stage further, you could trim our your knife edge adjustment in flight, using S1 (last line below, note MULT operator)
Code:
CH1: 
Src=[I]Ail, wt=100
Src=CH10, wt=100

CH5
Src=[I]Ail, wt=-100
Src=CH10, wt=-100

CH10 -- rudder to ail mix adjustable using S1
Src=Rudder, weight=100
Src=S1, wt=50, offset=50, multiplex=MULT
Finally, you could activate/deactive the rudder mix by specifying a switch so CH10 returns zero unless SA is down.

Code:
CH1: 
Src=[I]Ail, wt=100
Src=CH10, wt=100

CH5
Src=[I]Ail, wt=-100
Src=CH10, wt=-100

CH10 -- rudder to ail mix adjustable using S1
Src=Rudder, weight=100, switch=SA-down
Src=S1, wt=50, offset=50, multiplex=MULT
Last edited by mikeshellim; Mar 18, 2017 at 12:10 PM.
Mar 18, 2017, 02:56 PM
Was "playing" around w/Companion 2.2 & the Horus today, trying to get it all set up for the Horus & the QX7 & found that I was unable to write the radio file (models etc) to the computer, message said the feature wasn't implemented yet, is that still true or did I do something wrong? TIA
Mar 18, 2017, 03:04 PM
Use the top 2 options to read and write Models
Last edited by Tadango; Mar 18, 2017 at 04:47 PM.
Mar 18, 2017, 03:10 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tadango
Use the top 2 options toe read andere write Models
Mmm, I must be missing something LOL!, what do you mean by the "top 2 options"? I tried from the bar on top & from the tool menu on the left or is there a secret formula LOL!
Mar 18, 2017, 04:18 PM
They say it it's not broken don't fix it.

I've been flying my Legends Bearcat for several months with an X8R receiver with no problems at all. This week I did the firmware upgrade to the Rx "just in case". Today on the second flight the Rx locked out and a $2000 airplane and engine was destroyed.

Just before the crash I heard the engine "glitch" for a second. I turned around and was headed back to the center of the runway when I heard "RSSI Warning". The airplane immediately locked out, rolled over and dove straight into the ground. Not a pretty picture.
Mar 18, 2017, 04:27 PM
Win=span\massXpractice+lu ck
my condolences - This a very concerning post to me --

You upgraded to the latest firmware but had never had a lockout prior ever ?

This was a gas powered aircraft correct ?

I assume you upgraded because there were posts about certain ignition systems and tune states causing the RX to fail ?
Mar 18, 2017, 04:36 PM
No there is a problem with the ignition, the problem is the receiver
When I wrote that the problem, you laughed and did not believe
Mar 18, 2017, 04:49 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by radfordc

I've been flying my Legends Bearcat for several months with an X8R receiver with no problems at all. This week I did the firmware upgrade to the Rx "just in case". Today on the second flight the Rx locked out and a $2000 airplane and engine was destroyed.

Just before the crash I heard the engine "glitch" for a second. I turned around and was headed back to the center of the runway when I heard "RSSI Warning". The airplane immediately locked out, rolled over and dove straight into the ground. Not a pretty picture.
How was your failsafe set?
Mar 18, 2017, 04:50 PM
Quote:
The airplane immediately locked out, rolled over and dove straight into the ground. Not a pretty picture.
Tadango beat me to the question.
Mar 18, 2017, 04:52 PM
Quote:

Second question - when did you buy your X12S and did you ever update the TX module firmware using FrOS. Also were you using FrOS or OpenTX.
Mar 18, 2017, 04:53 PM
Win=span\massXpractice+lu ck
Possibly there is some confusion between our two languages -

Feel free to repost anything you think resembles me laughing at you.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dmitry Odessa
No there is a problem with the ignition, the problem is the receiver
When I wrote that the problem, you laughed and did not believe