Aug 27, 2016, 01:53 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Martin O
Hi. I'm really interested in this radio but have some questions from those that have experience before I take the plunge:
1. How does the Horus feel when holding with one hand for dlg throwing?
2. Will I be able to import existing models written in opentx 2.1.8 to 2.2.? I presume if using the frsky OS it would be write them all over again.
3. What size/type is the stock battery and will current draw from the screen compromise battery life?
4. I was hoping to experiment in Companion with 2.2 but can't find whete to download it. Am I missing something.?

I'm UK
Many thanks
Martin
All are very good questions.
Sadly speaking, I don't think that either of us needs to wait for others to answer your first question. the shear size and weight of the Horus tells me this is not the radio for that purpose. some would say otherwise but 1.3 Kg and its thickness is all i need to come to this sad conclusion that even though i wanted a companion for my beloved 890 grams Taranis, I just can't do this to myself.
to remove ads between posts
Aug 27, 2016, 02:02 AM
Quote:
Hi. I'm really interested in this radio but have some questions from those that have experience before I take the plunge:
2. Will I be able to import existing models written in opentx 2.1.8 to 2.2.? I presume if using the frsky OS it would be write them all over again.
3. What size/type is the stock battery and will current draw from the screen compromise battery life?
4. I was hoping to experiment in Companion with 2.2 but can't find whete to download it. Am I missing something.?

I'm UK
Many thanks
Martin
CompanionTX 2.2 has not been released yet, but you can download a nightly build from http://downloads-22.open-tx.org/nightly/companion/. This is still at an early stage and not yet usable for programming the Horus. However, you can use it to download OpenTX beats for the Horus, which is what the Beta testers are using in the Horus.
Tom
Aug 27, 2016, 02:07 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by dbar101219
can someone tell me which frsky receivers will work with the horus

thanks dale
Same ones as the Taranis. X series, D series, Lr9 and V11 series. V1 requires a module in the external module bay.
I believe this is true for EU LBT as well as the non EU versions.
Tom
Aug 27, 2016, 02:16 AM
chicken nuggets
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tomkfly
Same ones as the Taranis. X series, D series, Lr9 and V11 series. V1 requires a module in the external module bay.
I believe this is true for EU LBT as well as the non EU versions.
Tom
Horus LBT firmware prevents use of anything Non-LBT. It disables the possibility of setting D8, LR12, PPM+ and - in the modulation settings.

If it is an EU Horus, you will not be able to use any rear modules either such as the OrangeRX etc., as again, those protocols are disabled. Even the FrSky XJT if used in the rear module bay will not work unless it has LBT firmware on it.

This in effect means you cannot use anything in it bar the X series receivers. No possibility to use D, V or anything non-LBT for the EU version. I am not sure, but I am pretty certain it is also impossible to flash an EU Horus with non-LBT firmware. Need to confirm that.
Aug 27, 2016, 02:27 AM
FPV Pirate
Quote:

I'm UK
Many thanks
Martin
Activate the option to include nightly updates on your companion software or Google opentx nightly release
Aug 27, 2016, 02:43 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by HeliHaven
Horus LBT firmware prevents use of anything Non-LBT. It disables the possibility of setting D8, LR12, PPM+ and - in the modulation settings.

If it is an EU Horus, you will not be able to use any rear modules either such as the OrangeRX etc., as again, those protocols are disabled. Even the FrSky XJT if used in the rear module bay will not work unless it has LBT firmware on it.

This in effect means you cannot use anything in it bar the X series receivers. No possibility to use D, V or anything non-LBT for the EU version. I am not sure, but I am pretty certain it is also impossible to flash an EU Horus with non-LBT firmware. Need to confirm that.
The manual doesn't mention that. In the CE section it only mentions some restrictions for France.
Tom
Aug 27, 2016, 02:49 AM
Happy FPV flyer
Quote:

Completely wrong from what I can see.
Aug 27, 2016, 03:01 AM
chicken nuggets
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kilrah
Completely wrong from what I can see.

And what do you see? I am talking FrSky OS v.1.2.06 here - not OpenTX ...
Aug 27, 2016, 03:05 AM
Quote:
OpenTx can't change the transmit protocol, so it doesn't matter which OS.
Where are you getting your information from?
Tom
Aug 27, 2016, 03:14 AM
Taranis Tyro...
Quote:

Do you have a production EU unit, or are you just guessing? Seems like the latter to me. Certainly your second paragraph must be wrong, as all non-FrSky modules are just taking PPM from the TX; nothing in the ETSI regs prevents this, so why would FrSky build in a module bay then effectively switch it off completely for EU users despite there being no regulatory requirement to do so?
Aug 27, 2016, 03:27 AM
Rick
Is there a module that will work in the Horus that will also work with my existing DSMX receivers? If so, is it smart enough to display telemetry from those receivers on the Horus?
Aug 27, 2016, 03:29 AM
Suspended Account
This looks nice!
Aug 27, 2016, 03:35 AM
chicken nuggets
Think about it MattyB - if there was no requirement for the restrictions that LBT firmware produces, why would FrSky take the time and effort to produce it in addition to the FCC version?
Aug 27, 2016, 03:38 AM
Happy FPV flyer
Quote:
1.02.06 EU, I see all needed options, and as mentioned in the other thread where you spread that BS they work fine both with PPM modules and a non-EU XJT.

Quote:
Think about it MattyB - if there was no requirement for the restrictions that LBT firmware produces, why would FrSky take the time and effort to produce it in addition to the FCC version?
It only applies to the radio's internal module which is a "new product" - there are no restrictions against plugging in and using any previous or third party products.
Aug 27, 2016, 03:44 AM
Horus was introduced after the regulations were introduced so it must comply. Who can say when some random module was bought unless like the Horus it can be proved it was produced after the cut off date.

Quick Reply