Aug 26, 2016, 09:32 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by kuroguy
Heating an lcd display will cause it to turn completely dark until it cools. Don't want it dark, don't let it get too hot. Doesn't matter whose lcd either.
thanks, is there permanent damage?
to remove ads between posts
Aug 26, 2016, 09:32 PM
How long are the waiting lists at the major suppliers and most importantly, how long is the expected time for those vendors to clear those waiting lists?
Aug 26, 2016, 09:33 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jdowdle
thanks, is there permanent damage?
Nope. Once the lcd cools it returns to normal.
Aug 26, 2016, 10:12 PM
Rick
I once had an LCD display for a backup camera in an RV that was parked (by the service shop) so that the sun hit it every day for a couple of weeks. The display worked but was never the same again. Since then I have considered it a bad idea to leave any LCD exposed to the sun for long periods. I normally either set my tx down face down or set a hat or wing over it.
Aug 26, 2016, 10:15 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jet_Flyer
For folks interested in flashing their X12S with OpenTX 2.2 I'm updating my X12S flashing document so it covers the flashing process for the production system. Because of the flash memory drive in the production system the process is a little bit different than it was for the beta systems.

We are using a public section in Rocket Chat for our OpenTX 2.2.X discussions here https://opentx.rocket.chat/channel/OpenTX_General

I hope to test my flashing process tomorrow and get the document ready ASAP. I'll be adding the full flashing process for FrTX that was not public before.

Mike
Thanks so much Mike!! You rock.
Aug 26, 2016, 10:17 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by choochoo22
I once had an LCD display for a backup camera in an RV that was parked (by the service shop) so that the sun hit it every day for a couple of weeks. The display worked but was never the same again. Since then I have considered it a bad idea to leave any LCD exposed to the sun for long periods. I normally either set my tx down face down or set a hat or wing over it.
Horus comes with an exceedingly nice case that would protect it from the sun.
Aug 26, 2016, 10:20 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Robomort
.... Beta testers asked for a means of adjusting the gimbals without opening the case. It looks like FrSky have provided holes and plugs. .
The 4 holes in my picture don't appear to be linked to gimbal tension. Mike or Wayne can chime in on this - but the screws and locations relative to the gimbals don't look encouraging. Sorry.
Aug 26, 2016, 10:23 PM
I predict this thread will be even bigger than the Taranis one
Aug 26, 2016, 10:38 PM
Plane Fanatic
I predict it will become the largest on RCG
Aug 26, 2016, 11:08 PM
Plane Fanatic
FrSky website has a Buy Now link on the front page - it goes to a new page showing the Premium dealers
http://www.frsky-rc.com/buynow.html
Aug 26, 2016, 11:09 PM

Horus Stock Firmware

These are the first 4 screens when you start the Horus. You navigate to the screens using the page up and page down button on the bottom left side - adjacent to the small thumb joy stick.

I'll give you a few screens not to tease but give a flavor for what the transmitter looks like with stock firmware. If more examples are desired I can do that.
Last edited by scott page; Aug 26, 2016 at 11:14 PM.
Aug 26, 2016, 11:11 PM

Horus Stock Firmware

This is the screen you see when pressing the SYS button on the bottom right section of the transmitter.
Aug 26, 2016, 11:13 PM

Horus Stock Firmware

These are the three model setup screens. You choose the item you want using the rotary encoder wheel and press the button in the center to enter the menu of that item.
Aug 26, 2016, 11:13 PM
Jets & Lasagna...champion diet
Man oh man, that screen is incredible. The Horus has been the type of transmitter I've wanted from the start as I wanted a higher end radio with a better screen and color, better hardware, and still be able to use OpenTX. I love my Taranis, but have been waiting for this radio from the start.
Aug 26, 2016, 11:14 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by scott page
The 4 holes in my picture don't appear to be linked to gimbal tension. Mike or Wayne can chime in on this - but the screws and locations relative to the gimbals don't look encouraging. Sorry.
In one of your rear view pics I can see 3 little plugs. I guess there are 4 but the angle of your pic shows 3.

These look like little raised protrusions tangential to and on either side of the handle frame.

Could these be rubber plugs you pry out with your nails to expose gimbal adjusting screw holes ?

I could be wrong and these could be molded protrusions as part of the manufacturing process.

Quick Reply