Jan 19, 2020, 08:13 AM
Hi FJH,

Thanks again for your help.
Will do as you suggest and report back later.

When you say " a new basic setup " do you mean start a fresh Or just do the calibration process again ?

BR

Andy
to remove ads between posts
Jan 19, 2020, 08:51 AM
If it was me I'd start by doing a self-check. Fixes most issues with SXR receivers I have found. If not in your case, go back to the start with a calibration and self-check as per the manual.
Jan 19, 2020, 09:00 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jet_Flyer
My production X12S has the ISRM update so I've been using my prototype X12S for the 2..0.1. firmware testing. Seems to be working OK with RX binding and 300' in range test mode with a RX8R.

Mike
Do I understand you correctly? you did 300m in range test mode with the ISRM?
Jan 19, 2020, 09:10 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Slope Devil
Do I understand you correctly? you did 300m in range test mode with the ISRM?
The X12S (2016 porotype) with the IXJT and 2.0.1 300 feet in range test and a RX8R.

Mike
Jan 19, 2020, 10:36 AM

Missing channel 5&6 after firmware upgrade

Updated x12s to Otx to latest version, also updated to latest recommended ixjt internal firmware. Updated x8r rx to the new version firmware.
This is known good full house e glider with mixing and previously working setup. Now the rudder and elevator on ch 5&6 donít function at all. 1-4 and 7&8 seem to work fine.
Reflashed and rebound a few times with no success.

Made the same upgrades to my other x12s that runs fros, reflashed and rebound several times as well and same thing no servo movement on ch 5&6..

Any ideas? Iím thinking it is the rx firmware but now I donít know.

JohnH
Jan 19, 2020, 11:10 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by I_SOAR
Updated x12s to Otx to latest version, also updated to latest recommended ixjt internal firmware. Updated x8r rx to the new version firmware.
This is known good full house e glider with mixing and previously working setup. Now the rudder and elevator on ch 5&6 donít function at all. 1-4 and 7&8 seem to work fine.
Reflashed and rebound a few times with no success.

Made the same upgrades to my other x12s that runs fros, reflashed and rebound several times as well and same thing no servo movement on ch 5&6..

Any ideas? Iím thinking it is the rx firmware but now I donít know.

JohnH
Answered where your other post is.

Mike
Jan 19, 2020, 03:19 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by mpjf01
If it was me I'd start by doing a self-check. Fixes most issues with SXR receivers I have found. If not in your case, go back to the start with a calibration and self-check as per the manual.
Hi All,

Just an update to put things right.

After rolling back X12S to FrOS 1.6.06 Without the iXJT V2.0.01 firmware and rolling back the S6R to ACCST 20190531 and Most Importantly running a Self - Check on the S6R as suggested above by mpjf01 I do not now appear to have the Right Aileron Stopping for a moment any more.
Have been out this afternoon and Range Checked the above and Flown the above as mentioned earlier in my go to model MPX Funjet.
All went Very Well.
Now very pleased.

Thanks must go to all who helped me in the right direction to sort this situation out, especially mpjf01.
Would not have thought about this for one moment!
I can still learn things, this is going into my memory bank for future reference.
Most Importantly though the New ACCST Firmware V2.0.01 most probably will work in my MPX Funjet OK.
Will go down this path again to prove to myself all is OK when time permits.

Anyway again thanks to all who helped.

BR

Andy
Jan 19, 2020, 06:16 PM

Everyone interested in V2.0.1 should read this article

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jet_Flyer
Andreas Engel has done a nice job explaining the issue here. Will need to use your browser to change the text from German to what ever https://frsky-forum.de/thread/3404-h...%C3%B6tzliche/

My unwanted servo movement event was on CH 1 and gave full aileron deflection making a perfect aileron roll. Very scary! At the time I thought it was a bad servo and I changed it out, but now I know it was not the servo.

Mike
Thanks for sharing this article Mike - puts everything into far better perspective - we all should read this to have a better understanding of the history and hence, the current situation that we've been largely speculating over, therefore more accepting and patient, perhaps...
Jan 20, 2020, 07:59 AM
I was looking for the IXJT firmware to roll back from v2.0.01 if required and it seems thanks to others it is now available in various places but will add the link to it here as not everyone scours every thread on here. Thanks to who was involved in making that firmware available.

https://www.rcgroups.com/forums/show...postcount=1569

With the above now in my hands would prob try v2.0.01 firmware but now I read of sbus glitches and telemetry issues with the new firmware, now telemetry not operating 100% I can deal with but sbus output not operating correctly absolutely not. Have three RB devices in use and at least 7 pwm /sbus decoders in use so if there is a sbus issue with new firmware no point me even attempting to move over.

Is the sbus output issue confirmed?.
Jan 20, 2020, 04:43 PM
Let's fly !
I have update S8R, X8R and XJT v2.0.1 and everything is working the same as with XJT v170317 FCC.
I have no jitters with SBUS and all telemetry devices works too. Was testing for 1 hour.
I had a small hope that the RB20 telemetry would work but, no, same as last firmware.
So there is no changes with V2.0.1 except RSSI value that is 10Db more at 10 feet with v2.0.1 however, with 2 feet of snow, I did not try a range check or fly.

Test has been done on X9D+ A01 CA GH 2016/07/07, OpenTX v2.3.4
RB20
Telemetry
-CELS FLVSS
-GPS
-Alt Vari H-prec
-RPM 1
-RPM 2
-Curr FAS150S

Thanks raydar for reposting of the iXJT firmware, I will update a friend X12S later this week and report.
Jan 24, 2020, 07:56 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zoom425
Hi.
Question / Seeking solution, probably aimed at Jetflyer as he appears to be the man in the know.
Feeling a little annoyed at the moment, you will understand later on!! Good day for test flying also !!
After the big announcement from Frsky I always do what they advise, they know their systems !!
I have updated Frsky Horus X12S FrOS to 1.6.06 c/w iXJT
V2.0.01 and Frsky S6R to ACCST D16 V2.0.01.
Also Updated Taranis X Lite Internal iXJT to V2.0.01 and X4R Receiver but not tested this yet.

Wish I had NOT done this at all !!

Tests in the house on the X12S and S6R show that (MPX Funjet) when moving the Aileron stick rapidly Left and Right the Right Aileron sometimes STOPS for a moment, then catches up with the stick movement. Also to note stabilisation Not on at this time.

Flew the aircraft loads of times before this update and this Never Occurred.

Any help at a solution Much Appreciated, just feeling a little bit P------d Off.
I trusted Frsky Implicitly !!!! not really had any problems until now.
Thankyou in advance for any help solutions.
If I could find a previous copy of the iXJT X12S firmware I would have gone back to Before V2.0.01 but cannot find anything .
Anyway, again any help will be Very Much Appreciated.
BR
Andy
Which file did you upgrade with? the EU version or NEU version?
Jan 24, 2020, 11:28 PM

Turning on/off my Horus X12S

Since I upgraded to 2.3.5. I have to press the power button for a few seconds before the radio starts up and when shutting down the closing screen is the bar type. Had this once a few years ago but can not remember how I solved it than.
Before it started up with a short click and had the circular sleep symbol when closing.

Any help would be appreciated
Jan 25, 2020, 05:56 AM
Hi kell490,

The firmware I used was the EU Version,
But, if you follow my and other people's posts
we found a solution.
Looked like the S8R needed a Self Check.
As mentioned have never known or done this before !!
We live and learn.
Curious why use NEU over EU ?

BR

Andy

Update,

Just for your information.

TX X12S running FrOS, Hardware X12SEU14.
After the question you asked EU Or NEU, you made me go away and check.
With the FrOS update you do Not get a choice of EU Or NEU like you do in OpenTx, the FrOS Update must some how read the TX hardware in some way, then update as appropriate.

Hope the above helps in you giving me an answer to my notes

Again

BR

Andy
Last edited by Zoom425; Jan 25, 2020 at 07:10 AM. Reason: Updating Thoughts
Jan 25, 2020, 07:54 AM
!= International Arms Dealer
Quote:
Originally Posted by rlisch
Since I upgraded to 2.3.5. I have to press the power button for a few seconds before the radio starts up and when shutting down the closing screen is the bar type. Had this once a few years ago but can not remember how I solved it than.
Before it started up with a short click and had the circular sleep symbol when closing.

Any help would be appreciated
Look under the System menu for the startup & shutdown delay times; set according to your preference.
Jan 25, 2020, 11:43 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by visioneer_one
Look under the System menu for the startup & shutdown delay times; set according to your preference.
Thanks, but there is only the shutdown delay. I also would like to change the shutdown screen.

This is what I get now after upgrading

Quick Reply