Thread Tools
Nov 20, 2019, 08:53 AM
Sagitta Fanboy
Quote:
Originally Posted by Its_my_life
Hi Guys... Anybody got the steps for adding RSSI to the screen on Horus using OpenTX... would like to add it to the top bar....
Long press telemetry to get the setup screen, press pg up, scroll down to top bar, click to select, click to select the spot you want, scroll through to value, click to select, scroll through to RSSI.

You need to have a receiver bound to the model slot and sensors discovered so RSSI will appear as a selection for the Value widget.
Sign up now
to remove ads between posts
Nov 20, 2019, 09:19 AM
Registered User
Quote:
Originally Posted by mawz
Long press telemetry to get the setup screen, press pg up, scroll down to top bar, click to select, click to select the spot you want, scroll through to value, click to select, scroll through to RSSI.

You need to have a receiver bound to the model slot and sensors discovered so RSSI will appear as a selection for the Value widget.
Cheers MAWZ will give it a go later....
Nov 20, 2019, 11:39 PM
Registered User
Once this Auth Gate issue is sorted and Frsky releases the promised ACCESS upgrade kit for the X12S, I would like to upgrade.
But before that a couple of questions . . .

1) Will it have the full functionality of a normal ACCESS radio including Spectrum analyser, power meter etc., or will it be somewhat crippled ?

2) I do not intend to do any surgery on the Bluetooth module as shown on the X10. Does the X12S have a separate Bluetooth circuit card that can be easily interchanged or is it soldered on the mainboard ?

3) If it is soldered and I bypass that upgrade, would removing the present Bluetooth antenna connection potentially harm any circuit ?
Nov 21, 2019, 06:54 AM
Registered User
Jet_Flyer's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by andytransonic
Once this Auth Gate issue is sorted and Frsky releases the promised ACCESS upgrade kit for the X12S, I would like to upgrade.
But before that a couple of questions . . .

1) Will it have the full functionality of a normal ACCESS radio including Spectrum analyser, power meter etc., or will it be somewhat crippled ?

2) I do not intend to do any surgery on the Bluetooth module as shown on the X10. Does the X12S have a separate Bluetooth circuit card that can be easily interchanged or is it soldered on the mainboard ?

3) If it is soldered and I bypass that upgrade, would removing the present Bluetooth antenna connection potentially harm any circuit ?
1. The upgrade ISRM provides all the X10S Express RF ACCESS features, including the spectrum analyzer, and connections for two internal antennas, but the X10S Express has a new main board that supports the new R9M 2019 external module, thus adding the ISRM does not add all the X10S Express type features. The X10S Express ISRM does not have the power meter feature. Of course the there is no FrOS ACCESS for the X12S yet, so at this point OpenTX with the "internalaccess" build option must be used. The "internalaccess" build option is being blocked until the OpenTX team can verify the operation of the upgrade ISRM.

2. The Bluetooth module is soldered to the main board. I'm not going to change it.

4. You can use the existing Bluetooth antenna that is mounted vertically on the upper left side of the case. I'm using that side position for the second antenna currently, but I find that during range check the system has a few RSSI numbers better range when the top of the system is pointed at the receiver compared to pointing the left side at the system at the receiver. I do not find it possible to move the antennas once they are stuck to the case, but I'm going try the second antenna placed on the right side top of the case. Should have some more antennas next week to try the top position.

Mike

.
Nov 21, 2019, 06:59 AM
Registered User
aerografixs's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jet_Flyer
1. The upgrade ISRM provides all the X10S Express RF ACCESS features, including the spectrum analyzer, and connections for two internal antennas, but the X10S Express has a new main board that supports the new R9M 2019 external module, thus adding the ISRM does not add all the X10S Express type features. The X10S Express ISRM does not have the power meter feature. Of course the there is no FrOS ACCESS for the X12S yet, so at this point OpenTX with the "internalaccess" build option must be used. The "internalaccess" build option is being blocked until the OpenTX team can verify the operation of the upgrade ISRM.

2. The Bluetooth module is soldered to the main board. I'm not going to change it.

4. You can use the existing Bluetooth antenna that is mounted vertically on the upper left side of the case. I'm using that side position for the second antenna currently, but I find that during range check the system has a few RSSI numbers better range when the top of the system is pointed at the receiver compared to pointing the left side at the system at the receiver. I do not find it possible to move the antennas once they are stuck to the case, but I'm going try the second antenna placed on the right side top of the case.

Mike

.
Using a heat gun , delicately I may add, you can remove this antenna and re position it
Nov 21, 2019, 07:43 AM
Registered User
Jet_Flyer's Avatar
For sure the antennas are pretty delicate items, luckily they are not expensive. I might do more testing before I move the second antenna. It still might be better to have one vertical placed antenna with a lower RSSI than two horizontal placed end to end.

It will be interesting to see what others find best for antenna locations.

Mike
Nov 21, 2019, 12:55 PM
Registered User
Thoemse's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jet_Flyer
For sure the antennas are pretty delicate items, luckily they are not expensive. I might do more testing before I move the second antenna. It still might be better to have one vertical placed antenna with a lower RSSI than two horizontal placed end to end.

It will be interesting to see what others find best for antenna locations.

Mike
I ordered a new one with the module. I put the 2nd internal one to the top. I'll test signal once internalaccess is available in OpenTX.
Nov 22, 2019, 02:12 AM
Registered User
Thoemse's Avatar
Jet_flyer: Is this the firmware you are testing right now?
https://www.frsky-rc.com/access-upgr...-kit-x10-x10s/
Nov 22, 2019, 03:16 PM
Registered User
Jet_Flyer's Avatar
X12S ACCESS Upgrade - OpenTX Version

The X10S ISRM ACCESS update can now be used with the X12S and OpenTX.

The ISRM RF module listed as the X10S/X10 ACCESS Upgrade Module "Kit" or "Update" is the ISRM provided for upgrading existing X10S/X10 and X12S systems to ACCESS and it uses this ISRM firmware, ISRM_S_X10S_191113.frsk v1.1.5 https://www.frsky-rc.com/access-upgr...-kit-x10-x10s/. To avoid any confusion, as of 10/15/19 it is the only ISRM for sale from FrSky dealers. The first of the ISRM ACCESS Upgrade Modules started shipping on 10/14/19.

OpenTX versions 2.3.3N51 nightly or newer support the ISRM upgrade. Select "internalaccess" in the X12S build options for the ISRM Upgrade Module.

The X10S ISRM upgrade FrSky webpage has the download the includes v1.1.5 ISRM firmware you need to upgrade your X12S system. https://www.frsky-rc.com/access-upgr...-kit-x10-x10s/

Changing the IXJT for the ISRM not super simple because the IXJT is attached to the bottom (or front) of the frame that holds the battery, battery charger, and the board with the USB port, SD card and trainer ports. Use a lot of caution if you decide to do the ISRM update. Always remove or disconnect the X12S battery before doing work on the system. After its mounting screws are removed the frame can be gently lifted up to gain access to the IXJT mother board that is held to the mount with three screws.

The X10S ISRM uses two internal antennas and one external antenna. One new IXJT internal antenna will be needed for a total of two internal antennas. The existing antennas must be careful removed from the IXJT and transferred to the ISRM and the second internal antenna attached. Then the ISRM plugged into the mother board and the mother board is mounted to the frame with three screws and the frame reinstalled.

After the system is assembled it can be flashed with OpenTX and then the ISRM flashed with the latest ISRM firmware. If the ISRM does not have the correct new firmware of v1.1.5 or newer the system will display the screen below shortly after the system is started.

I’m not using the ACCESS RSSI warning level FrSky recommended of 32 and 35. I recommend careful range checking and set the RSSI warning alarm to a higher number.



Mike
Last edited by Jet_Flyer; Nov 22, 2019 at 04:27 PM.
Nov 22, 2019, 03:45 PM
Registered User
Is it possible to install the original ixjt into the module Bay or is it useless after the upgrade? It would allow use of d8 and lr9 in the module Bay if it could be connected to the module Bay pin header with an adapter of some sort. My thinking is: If I'm going to do the upgrade I might as well get some use out of the old Ixjt if I can.

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk
Last edited by raleighcopter; Nov 22, 2019 at 04:07 PM.
Nov 22, 2019, 03:47 PM
Sagitta Fanboy
Quote:
Originally Posted by raleighcopter
Is it possible to install the original isrm into the module Bay or is it useless after the upgrade? It would allow use of d8 and lr9 in the module Bay if it could be connected to the module Bay pin header with an adapter of some sort. My thinking is: If I'm going to do the upgrade I might as well get some use out of the old ISRM if I can.

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk
That's an interesting idea, the old iXJT would be quite valuable in the module bay.
Nov 22, 2019, 04:08 PM
Registered User
I mean, it's not worth more than an XJT module minus the case and antenna cost but if you have some spares....

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk
Nov 22, 2019, 06:21 PM
Registered User
jsparky's Avatar
had a problem but found it.. fixed it....
Last edited by jsparky; Nov 22, 2019 at 06:32 PM.
Nov 22, 2019, 06:24 PM
Registered User
Jet_Flyer's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by jsparky
Ok... well I followed the steps that Jetflyer posted.. and all went well until I got to the update module part.. now I may has misunderstood something.. but I put the file in the firmware folder and tried to flash from there.. gave me " not a valid file " error.. so I tried with open tx.. it said the same but I tried anyway and it completed...

but I get the screen that says module upgrade needed...

what did I miss
Where did you get the ISRM firmware and what is the complete file name? You understand that the ISRM update to the X12S is only supported with OpenTX versions 2.3.3N51 nightly or newer, right. http://www.open-tx.org/2019/11/16/2.3.3-nightlies

Mike
Last edited by Jet_Flyer; Nov 22, 2019 at 06:53 PM.
Nov 22, 2019, 07:06 PM
Registered User
jsparky's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jet_Flyer
Where did you get the ISRM firmware and what is the complete file name? You understand that the ISRM update to the X12S is only supported with OpenTX versions 2.3.3N51 nightly or newer, right. http://www.open-tx.org/2019/11/16/2.3.3-nightlies

Mike
Man .. your quick... I corrected my post within minutes.. I picked the wrong folder... found the right one and then did the flash..

For what it is worth.. so far everything seems to be working well..

All though I do not plan on using the ACCESS right now.. I am ready for it... I will be testing it though

To bad for my old X9D...


Quick Reply
Message:

Thread Tools