Oct 22, 2019, 02:13 AM
Ardupilot Lead Testing
Quote:
Originally Posted by raydar
The x10 ISRM is sold as EU or NON EU, I run NON EU firmware in all my d16 receivers so I presume I will need the NON EU ISRM?
There are no two different firmware for "FCC / EU", the firmware is the same, the regional code change is done with a lua script in an instant, without flashing anything and without reboot the tx.
You can find the LUA script for FrOS in version 2.02 (X10 Express) released by FrSky, please don't ask for this lua for OpenTX, it's not hard to do it.

"ISRM" regional change in OpenTX (0 min 49 sec)
Last edited by Marco67; Oct 22, 2019 at 02:20 AM.
to remove ads between posts
Oct 22, 2019, 02:17 AM
Ardupilot Lead Testing
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jet_Flyer
Can you please refresh my memory of where you located the two internal antennas?

Mike
I had put them outside, keeping the internal one above the display, thus eliminating the uncomfortable SMA in its housing.
But I have changed the case with a new one, so I will now use the bluetooth antenna as "internal secondary".
After a lot of tests i haven't had all these improvements with this mod, so I decided to keep everything aesthetically original.
Last edited by Marco67; Oct 22, 2019 at 02:23 AM.
Oct 22, 2019, 06:34 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marco67
You can find the LUA script for FrOS in version 2.02 (X10 Express) released by FrSky, please don't ask for this lua for OpenTX, it's not hard to do it.
It was published by mistake and to meet the EU regs it is only for dealer use. I believe it was removed.

Mike
Oct 22, 2019, 06:37 AM
Quote:
But I have changed the case with a new one, so I will now use the bluetooth antenna as "internal secondary".
I'm going to try that too.

Mike
Oct 22, 2019, 06:54 AM
Ardupilot Lead Testing
Quote:
I'm going to try that too.

Mike
Nice, do you already have the ISRM module to do the test?
I wanted to buy it myself with the new BT but they removed it from horusrc.
Oct 22, 2019, 07:20 AM
Quote:
Nice, do you already have the ISRM module to do the test?
I wanted to buy it myself with the new BT but they removed it from horusrc.
Yes, I have the ISRM upgrade kit, but waiting on OpenTX support. Horus RC has them listed now. https://www.horusrc.com/en/frsky-x10...s-kit-new.html

Mike
Oct 22, 2019, 07:25 AM
Ardupilot Lead Testing
Quote:
Yes, I have the ISRM upgrade kit, but waiting on OpenTX support. Horus RC has them listed now. https://www.horusrc.com/en/frsky-x10...s-kit-new.html

Mike
The "internalaccess" for X12S is already available in the nightlies.
Very well, bought on the fly.
Oct 22, 2019, 07:41 AM
Always Fly 2 Mistakes High!
I got this antenna to put on my external antenna just for safety sake...
Oct 22, 2019, 07:43 AM
Quote:
The "internalaccess" for X12S is already available in the nightlies.
Very well, bought on the fly.
internalaccess does not support the upgrade ISRM yet, but FrSky is working on it and has a OpenTX ISRM upgrade pull request.

Mike
Oct 22, 2019, 09:35 AM
Sagitta Fanboy
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thoemse
Do we need the ISRM module only or the BT module as well? They offer it together with BT as well.
You don't need the BT module unless you really want the new BT functionality introduced alongside ACCESS (the two are separate).

The ISRM is an easy install, the BT module is quite difficult. I personally will only be doing the ISRM when I upgrade my X12S once the flying season ends.
Oct 22, 2019, 09:43 AM
For sure changing the Bluetooth is difficult. I have one, but not sure I'll use it. If you do not use the new Bluetooth the original just quits working. Actually it looks like it is working and connects with FreeLink because the Bluetooth commands are the same, but it will not transmit data.

Mike
Oct 22, 2019, 11:38 AM
Ardupilot Lead Testing
I would like to know the differences between the BT module of the X12S and that of the X10.
I tried the trainer and they still work with each other, old and new.
I've the old of X12S installed on my Jumper T16 and the trainer work fine with my Hours X10S Express ACCESS.
Oct 23, 2019, 01:12 AM
Quote:
For sure changing the Bluetooth is difficult. I have one, but not sure I'll use it. If you do not use the new Bluetooth the original just quits working. Actually it looks like it is working and connects with FreeLink because the Bluetooth commands are the same, but it will not transmit data.

Mike
Thank you. I have never used BT (or GPS for that matter) so far so ISRM only for me.
Seing that the upgrade module comes with thre antenna outputs I wonder what antennas I need to go with it.
Last edited by Thoemse; Oct 23, 2019 at 01:27 AM.
Oct 23, 2019, 02:33 PM
Sagitta Fanboy
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thoemse
Thank you. I have never used BT (or GPS for that matter) so far so ISRM only for me.
Seing that the upgrade module comes with thre antenna outputs I wonder what antennas I need to go with it.
You will need one additional internal antenna installed, preferably at 90 degrees to the current internal antenna.

The X10 has 2 internal antennas and one external, the X12S has one internal and one external, so only one of the 3 outputs will need any figuring out.

Some folks who have done the X10 iXJT conversion have borrowed the BT antenna, as the BT unit is mostly useless anyways (you would of course want to install another BT antenna to prevent cooking the BT unit, but that can simply be a repurposed RX antenna).

As the BT unit is also a 2.4GHz transceiver, the antenna can be reused. I would personally prefer to use a second, identical antenna to the primary internal.
Oct 23, 2019, 03:57 PM
I purchased extra internal X12S antennas for the ISRM upgrade, but the Bluetooth antenna position is looking pretty good.

Mike

Quick Reply