New Spektrum DSMX Quad Race Serial Receiver with Telemetry (SPM4649T) - Page 51 - RC Groups
Thread Tools
Feb 05, 2017, 03:13 PM
Registered User
sbstnp's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by gumush
What are the telemetry data returned from FlightController. I have BF 3.1.3 it works with SRXL but i couldnt find any data from telemetry ? ( Autoconfig mode it finds RPM ? and Powerbox ? )
Battery voltage, if available. If you have telemetry + srxl active and your FC can monitor battery voltage an auto-config should pick it up
Sign up now
to remove ads between posts
Feb 05, 2017, 03:16 PM
Registered User
sbstnp's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by AndyKunz
I'm sure they would like that, but we don't give them any.
Well gear or paid expenses is money.

Who are they by the way?
Feb 05, 2017, 03:39 PM
Registered User
JulianGoesPro's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mukenukem
Of course you can. That's the nice thing about plugged antennas.
Not sure why but I heard FrSky has no moved away from the "old" antennas so not all FrSky replacement antennas fit the X4R / SPM4649T now
Feb 05, 2017, 06:17 PM
Registered User
If there is an ULF connector they should fit. Antenna length is the same on every 2.4GHz device.
Feb 05, 2017, 06:59 PM
Registered User
JulianGoesPro's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mukenukem
If there is an ULF connector they should fit. Antenna length is the same on every 2.4GHz device.
I am using my X4R replacement antennas (bought them for my orange SpekSats) on the SPM4649T, just not 100% sure it's 100% the right one... I have a taranis but never flown anything but a E010 with it... so don't know much about FrSky and their newest Rx... but they are supposed to use a different connector... let me dig up a pick...
Feb 05, 2017, 07:04 PM
Registered User
sbstnp's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by JulianGoesPro
I am using my X4R replacement antennas (bought them for my orange SpekSats) on the SPM4649T, just not 100% sure it's 100% the right one... I have a taranis but never flown anything but a E010 with it... so don't know much about FrSky and their newest Rx... but they are supposed to use a different connector... let me dig up a pick...
SPM4649T uses a U.FL connecter like the older FrSky, newer FrSky uses a IPEX connector which is smaller and doesn't fit.

So, yeah anyone looking to get replacement antennas, get the ones with an U.FL connector. I have replaced antennas on one of mine with longer (15cm) FrSky pigtails, the stock 10cm (?) were too short and were not clearing the CF frame to my liking.
Feb 07, 2017, 08:22 PM
m e x o FPV
iMexi's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by sbstnp
SPM4649T uses a U.FL connecter like the older FrSky, newer FrSky uses a IPEX connector which is smaller and doesn't fit.

So, yeah anyone looking to get replacement antennas, get the ones with an U.FL connector. I have replaced antennas on one of mine with longer (15cm) FrSky pigtails, the stock 10cm (?) were too short and were not clearing the CF frame to my liking.
Well damn I placed my order a few days ago and it says they have IPEX connectors. I'll just have to wait and see if they really do have ipex or by some stroke of luck use u.fl
http://www.ebay.com/itm/252224000219
Feb 08, 2017, 04:19 AM
Registered User
Kambalunga's Avatar
U.FL, other names IPEX, IPAX, IPX, AMC, MHF or UMCC.

http://www.rfconnector.com/ipx-connectors.php
Feb 08, 2017, 06:24 AM
Registered User

SPM4649T or AR7700 receiver?


Hi,

I have a Vortex 250 Pro and don't know which receiver should I get.
Should I buy the SPM4649T or the AR7700?
I want to have the best possible range and signal strenght.

Thanks!
Feb 08, 2017, 09:42 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by UFOking
Hi,

I have a Vortex 250 Pro and don't know which receiver should I get.
Should I buy the SPM4649T or the AR7700?
I want to have the best possible range and signal strenght.

Thanks!
AR7700 setup with the remote rx (which is included) will give you more reliable link since you'll have 2 receivers instead of just 1. This doesn't mean you'll have a farther "max range" but it will mean you'll have a more reliable connection at longer ranges.
Last edited by MiguelAlvarez; Feb 08, 2017 at 10:16 AM. Reason: Corrected "range" to reliable link. The max range wont increase for having more receivers.
Feb 08, 2017, 12:08 PM
Registered User
Quote:
Originally Posted by MiguelAlvarez
AR7700 setup with the remote rx (which is included) will give you more reliable link since you'll have 2 receivers instead of just 1. This doesn't mean you'll have a farther "max range" but it will mean you'll have a more reliable connection at longer ranges.

OK thanks. I will probably go with the AR7700.
Feb 09, 2017, 08:40 AM
Registered User

Still no bug fix update?


Ive now read the whole thread from start to finish!

I bought this RX to get battery telemetry.

the no call out for low battery is a bug issue idenitifed last year and its still not fixed? thats quite a shock HH

if I install a lower software version onto my dx9 where the low voltage call out was working, what functionality will I loose? the signal strength capability?
Feb 09, 2017, 10:06 AM
Registered User
Yes, you get no RSSI but you still get flight log.
Which was sufficient for the last years
Feb 11, 2017, 03:43 PM
Registered User
JulianGoesPro's Avatar
Since I saw Chad having problems binding it (just kidding he was just trying not to get it to work :-P) I made a quick video showing how I bound my third SPM4649T before making my third Revolt + SPM4649T stack

HowTo: SPM4649T Bind // 11ms // Bind Plug // Spektrum // DX8 (3 min 40 sec)
Feb 11, 2017, 04:34 PM
m e x o FPV
iMexi's Avatar

Burned up an rx


I have the worst luck with miniquads. I was flying and my quad just went into failsaife. When I checked it out, I noticed the 4649t was really hot and not communicating with my tx. It's passed the 30 day warranty thing and I lost the receipt. Fml

Does anyone know if the rf performance of the 4648 is the same as the 4649t? If it is, then that's the receiver for me at 25 bucks a piece. My osd can supply telemetry.
Last edited by iMexi; Feb 11, 2017 at 05:04 PM.