New Spektrum DSMX Quad Race Serial Receiver with Telemetry (SPM4649T) - Page 3 - RC Groups
Aug 30, 2016, 12:31 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by derelicte
wide range regulators that run off the battery.
So wide range regulators that regulate to 5v?
to remove ads between posts
Aug 30, 2016, 12:37 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by MiguelAlvarez
So wide range regulators that regulate to 5v?
no, 3.3v. typically there are two: one for the cpu and one for the sensors(s). usually one of these is connected to the spek sat connector but at least one flight controller has a dedicated 3.3v regulator for the sat.
Aug 30, 2016, 12:40 PM
Quote:
no, 3.3v. typically there are two: one for the cpu and one for the sensors(s). usually one of these is connected to the spek sat connector but at least one flight controller has a dedicated 3.3v regulator for the sat.
What FC's are we talking about? The 3.3V regulators usually take in 5V, which comes from another regulator.
Aug 30, 2016, 12:43 PM
most of those probably will run higher than 5v. most of the naze32s can take up to 16v.
Aug 30, 2016, 12:56 PM
Quote:
most of those probably will run higher than 5v. most of the naze32s can take up to 16v.
Is the board rated for that, or the regulator? Just because the regulator might be spec'ed for 16v doesnt mean the board was designed to handle it. The caps need to be speced appropriately, and since its probably a linear regulator,its going to be dissipating a lot of heat. I highly doubt the naze design was meant to handle all those things, especially the heat dissipation at 16v.

Are you running a 3s or 4s straight to your naze?
Aug 30, 2016, 01:10 PM
the regulator, but I'd be surprised if the caps weren't at least 16v.

most of my setups run 3s and I run the battery straight to my fc, but I not using a naze now.

will my setup work for everyone? no, of course not. I only use a spektrum on one of quads and even that one isn't flyable now due to the dxe software update rendering it unusable. everything else uses futaba or frsky rx's and need 5v. but it is always nice to get rid of an extra regulator if possible.
Aug 30, 2016, 01:38 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by cdmanbg
Andy, I just noticed that this great RX is not in EU web site: http://www.horizonhobby.de/ , and not in EU dealers database ( I have a friend with LHS here ) , so far every Spektrum product was released in both at the same time. Should we be concerned about not getting hands on SPM4649T in EU ?
Nope. It'll get there. You might drop them a line to ask - the German "Support" link is good for that.

Andy
Aug 31, 2016, 09:34 AM
I prefer Deans
The SPM4649T will fit my needs perfectly.

Is there a manual available somewhere already?

Yvo

Aug 31, 2016, 10:50 AM
For now, Miguel's video is the best info source. And his posts in this thread.

Guaranteed it's more info than the manual will have.

Andy
Aug 31, 2016, 11:25 AM
I prefer Deans
Ok, thanks, going to watch the video

Quote:
Originally Posted by AndyKunz
For now, Miguel's video is the best info source. And his posts in this thread.

Guaranteed it's more info than the manual will have.

Andy
Aug 31, 2016, 11:59 AM
prop smashing
will this receiver have RSSI?
I'm nearly sure someone said somewhere about this receiver having RSSI (not on this forum though)
Aug 31, 2016, 12:47 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by STRYKA.
I'm nearly sure someone said somewhere about this receiver having RSSI (not on this forum though)
Yes it will. I'll try to make a video about that soon. Havent really had time with multigp nationals coming up this weekend.
Aug 31, 2016, 02:31 PM
prop smashing
Quote:
Originally Posted by MiguelAlvarez
Yes it will. I'll try to make a video about that soon. Havent really had time with multigp nationals coming up this weekend.
Nice!
Sep 01, 2016, 02:07 AM
This is great news! My Lemon has proven unreliable keeping bind and I really didn't want to purchase a full receiver for my quad. OST.
Sep 04, 2016, 03:14 PM
what goes up, must come down..
Quote:
Originally Posted by STRYKA.
That's the best news yet!!! I was about to ask the same question! I've had too many lockouts due to signal loss from range on my Alien rr5! Can't wait to get these RX's in my two Aliens! I pre-ordered over a week ago. Any idea on actual release time???

Cheers!

-Clint