New Spektrum DSMX Quad Race Serial Receiver with Telemetry (SPM4649T) - Page 133 - RC Groups
Shop our Airplanes Products Drone Products Sales
Nov 09, 2017, 02:48 AM
Make sure you soldered the SPM4649T to 5v and RX2 on the KISS FC, do not use the Spektrum Port.

Power the KISS FC with the full Lipo Voltage, do not use 12v or less from a power distribution board.
to remove ads between posts
Nov 09, 2017, 09:02 AM
Just got myself the new Vortex 230. Since it doesn't need telemetry with the OSD and the vtx control on my DX9 I was gonna fit the 4648

But, and I know you can't give much away, but will future updates make it worth getting the 4649T instead?

I have no rx's spare so gotta buy either one, just not sure what to go with.
Nov 09, 2017, 01:08 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by banq
Was your previous receiver a sat that required 3.3v?
Yes it was Spektrum Sat receiver
Nov 09, 2017, 01:10 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by aspire77
Make sure you soldered the SPM4649T to 5v and RX2 on the KISS FC, do not use the Spektrum Port.

Power the KISS FC with the full Lipo Voltage, do not use 12v or less from a power distribution board.
This is were i get the power, Soldered in the same place. Also powered with lipo

Is this the right spot??
Nov 09, 2017, 01:26 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by southern guy
This is were i get the power, Soldered in the same place. Also powered with lipo

Is this the right spot??
Nope. Needs to go to the RX2 pad on the underside.

https://www.rcgroups.com/forums/show...&postcount=568
Nov 09, 2017, 01:45 PM
Quote:
Nope. Needs to go to the RX2 pad on the underside.

https://www.rcgroups.com/forums/show...&postcount=568
Well seems like you have resolved my problem. As soon as i get home i will be changing it.

Thanks
Nov 10, 2017, 11:36 AM
nerd
Are you guys absolutely sure it is correct to connect the SPM4649T to the Rx2 pin and not the Tx2 pin on Kiss?

To get telemetry from betaflight on any other FC you would connect to the Tx pin and select SRXL and TELEMETRY. Why would Kiss be any different? I do not have any Kiss FC, just wondering.

Sure, you can run it as any other Sat Rx, and get the TM data reported by the Rx itself, but you loose the BF reports.
/A
Nov 10, 2017, 12:12 PM
Kiss hasn't implemented SRXL telemetry yet so this receiver is used as a simple spek satellite for the time being.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AndWho
Are you guys absolutely sure it is correct to connect the SPM4649T to the Rx2 pin and not the Tx2 pin on Kiss?

To get telemetry from betaflight on any other FC you would connect to the Tx pin and select SRXL and TELEMETRY. Why would Kiss be any different? I do not have any Kiss FC, just wondering.

Sure, you can run it as any other Sat Rx, and get the TM data reported by the Rx itself, but you loose the BF reports.
/A
Nov 10, 2017, 12:31 PM
nerd
Quote:
Kiss hasn't implemented SRXL telemetry yet so this receiver is used as a simple spek satellite for the time being.
OK. I was thinking BF on Kiss FC.
/A
Nov 10, 2017, 06:24 PM
Ok so now it's working and in GUI everything is working properly I just can't get it to arm. I have arm set to AUX 1 and it shows it working on the output tab but it's not arming. I have fully charged Lipo plugged and I'm using a DX6. This is the first time for me seeing up a quad
Nov 10, 2017, 09:32 PM
Fixed it, had to adjust my min throttle
Nov 10, 2017, 10:31 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by southern guy
Fixed it, had to adjust my min throttle
You should set the first 4 channels (AIL, ELE, THR, RUD) to be 1000-2000 in Betaflight/Cleanflight/etc, on my DX9 that's about -147 to 147 in the Travel setup screen.
Nov 14, 2017, 07:24 PM
Will this receiver work with an S.Bus type of interface?
Nov 15, 2017, 02:46 AM
Simple answer. No.
Especially not on F4 boards. There is the inverter implemented as hardware.
Nov 15, 2017, 05:00 PM

Broken antenna wire on my 4649

Just a quick question. The lead (antenna wire) has broken off from the little pivot snap (that attaches to the receiver post). Is it okay to just re-solder the antenna lead back to the pivot snap? I am asking because it looks like this antenna wire is composed of a braided wire inside of a metal shielding then covered with insulation. I just soldered the braided wire and shielding as one to the pivot snap. Just checking to see if I messed up. Thanks all!