New Spektrum DSMX Quad Race Serial Receiver with Telemetry (SPM4649T) - Page 11 - RC Groups
Nov 06, 2016, 03:17 PM
What F4 boards are available at the moment?

Inviato dal mio SM-G920F utilizzando Tapatalk
to remove ads between posts
Nov 06, 2016, 06:08 PM
And you probably need a new Airware
Nov 06, 2016, 06:19 PM
Only for seeing new telemetry types. All the existing telemetry data types come through just fine. The SPM4649T is transparent in that regard.

Andy
Nov 07, 2016, 08:46 AM
The RSSI indicator (the bars on the upper left ?) indicates how strong the telemetry signal comes back, am I right ? Or do I need the new AW for the "real" RSSI ? Or is by RSSI flight log meant ?

So many questions about such a tiny thingy....
Nov 07, 2016, 09:35 AM
The number bars on the upper left indicates the reliability of the CONTROL link. It is derived from the Flight Log data in real time.

The presence of bars on the upper left indicates that TELEMETRY is operating. The bars are either on (telemetry works) or off (telemetry has timed out).

The new AirWare will expose the dBm reported by the Cypress chip, which as previously noted indicates ALL signals + noise on the channels, averaged over time. If you have an SPM4649T, you can see the data in your telemetry log file today. It's in the RPM record. Typical range is -90 dBm to -40dBm or so.

Andy
Nov 07, 2016, 10:13 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by AndyKunz
Only for seeing new telemetry types. All the existing telemetry data types come through just fine. The SPM4649T is transparent in that regard.

Andy
I have a G1 DX8, does that mean I will get:

Lipo Voltage
Frameloss/(Antenna)Fade...

...and if the FC supports it...
"FC" lipo voltage
"FC" amp draw
"FC" temp (to see if it's on fire lol)

am I missing something?
Nov 07, 2016, 10:25 AM
what goes up, must come down..
Quote:
The number bars on the upper left indicates the reliability of the CONTROL link. It is derived from the Flight Log data in real time.

The presence of bars on the upper left indicates that TELEMETRY is operating. The bars are either on (telemetry works) or off (telemetry has timed out).

The new AirWare will expose the dBm reported by the Cypress chip, which as previously noted indicates ALL signals + noise on the channels, averaged over time. If you have an SPM4649T, you can see the data in your telemetry log file today. It's in the RPM record. Typical range is -90 dBm to -40dBm or so.

Andy
My new SPM4649T race RX's with telemetry are supposed to arrive today. I purchased these literally with being able to get live RSSI feed and verbal notification on my radio to me in real time in mind! I have checked the site for my DX9, but don't see any new airware updates to support these new RX's...???? When will this be available, so that I can take advantage of all the capabilities of the new RX's??? Thanks!
-Clint
Nov 07, 2016, 10:30 AM
Surface, Air & Water Rc Toys..
Quote:
Originally Posted by flyingclint
My new SPM4649T race RX's with telemetry are supposed to arrive today. I purchased these literally with being able to get live RSSI feed and verbal notification on my radio to me in real time in mind! I have checked the site for my DX9, but don't see any new airware updates to support these new RX's...???? When will this be available, so that I can take advantage of all the capabilities of the new RX's??? Thanks!
-Clint
lol - The only answer you'll get from the source is Can't Confirm Nor Deny and/or Never Give ETA of Updates and or products.
Nov 07, 2016, 10:32 AM
Okay last question. You said only with F4 boards....Can this work with the new Brain F4 Flight Controller?
Nov 07, 2016, 10:42 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by JulianGoesPro
I have a G1 DX8, does that mean I will get:

Lipo Voltage
Frameloss/(Antenna)Fade...

...and if the FC supports it...
"FC" lipo voltage
"FC" amp draw
"FC" temp (to see if it's on fire lol)

am I missing something?
You will get displayed telemetry data for all supported telemetry messages, including supported warnings. Your "FC" data will show if it's mapped by your FC to a valid/supported telemetry device as found in the Spektrum Telemetry document. Yes, that includes the "user defined" devices.

Of course, if there's no sensor attached then it won't be providing that data.

Andy
Nov 07, 2016, 10:44 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by flyingclint
-Clint
The Spektrum AirWare update is coming out "soon" - but even I don't know when that is yet. To clarify, it does not have a way to speak the dBm level, but it can alarm if the level gets too low - provided telemetry is still operating at that distance.

Andy
Nov 07, 2016, 10:49 AM
what goes up, must come down..
Quote:
The Spektrum AirWare update is coming out "soon" - but even I don't know when that is yet. To clarify, it does not have a way to speak the dBm level, but it can alarm if the level gets too low - provided telemetry is still operating at that distance.

Andy
ok, thanks for giving an update...

-Clint
Nov 07, 2016, 11:13 AM

Wiring diagram for Rx

Anyone know how this Rx is wired to a SP racing F3 Flight computer? I am having very strange behaviors in cleanflight along with no inputs from Transmitter. I also noticed the Rx goes into bind mode when plugged into the flight computer even though there is no bind plug. Any clues? Thanks.
Nov 07, 2016, 11:23 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jakekyle42
is anyone having issues using this rx with the sp racing fc loaded with betaflight 3.0.1? ive always used satellites running serialrx thru uart3 and have never had any problems. i connected the spm4649t to uart3 and to 5 volt for power and i have serialrx enabled on uart3 and
i have rx_serial and spektrum2048 enabled under configuration tab and it still just wont say connected for more than 5 seconds and it always goes right back to bind mode any time its restarted. im out of ideas and i dont want the 4 rxs i bought to go to waste just sitting in my junk drawer for ever
I'm having the same issue, was this ever resolved? Are you using Cleanflight to configure or Betaflight? Cleanflight really only has some basic settings but I can't find anything involving the configuration of the input type (Switching between PPM and Serial etc.)
Nov 07, 2016, 02:42 PM
Quote:
it can alarm if the level gets too low - provided telemetry is still operating at that distance.
can it "speak/alarm" when TLM is lost?

Thanks!

Edit:
Quote:
Spektrum Telemetry document. Yes, that includes the "user defined" devices.
so what you are saying is, despite me having the G1 DX8, I should get all but the "display what the FC types on my screen" TLM thing?