New Spektrum DSMX Quad Race Serial Receiver with Telemetry (SPM4649T) - RC Groups
Aug 26, 2016, 03:49 PM
FAQ

New Spektrum DSMX Quad Race Serial Receiver with Telemetry (SPM4649T)

Overview

The SPM4649T quad racing serial receiver offers full-range performance with integrated telemetry providing FPV racing enthusiasts with a serial receiver that can transmit vital telemetry data. Like SPM4648, the 4649T offers a 1-wire serial connection that is compatible with most flight controllers and an input for telemetry data such RPM, battery voltage and a whole lot more. Spektrum enthusiasts with telemetry capable transmitters such as the DX6, DX8, DX9 or DX18 can now receive on-demand telemetry data, and by using the voice functionality of compatible G2 transmitters, can have specific telemetry data outputted via the on-board audio system.

Key Features
  • Small size and lightweight design
  • Works with most popular flight controllers
  • Single line connection provides output to FC while receiving telemetry input from FC or battery
  • Dual antennas for optimal range and RF performance
  • Telemetry options include:
    • Provided directly from receiver
      • Flight log data
      • Battery voltage
      • RPM
      • Lap Timer
    • Provided by external device e.g.: Flight Controller
      • Flight log if using more than 1 receiver
      • Battery voltage
      • RPM
      • Lap Timer
      • Current draw and total mAh consumption
      • Temperature
      • All other data the FC can send that we support such as GPS, accelerometer date, ESC data, etc...

Pre-order Price: $49.99

http://www.horizonhobby.com/product/...ry--p-spm4649t

Spektrum Serial Telemetry Receiver (11 min 1 sec)

Spektrum Telemetry Lap Timing (2 min 58 sec)
Last edited by czorzella; Aug 26, 2016 at 04:09 PM.
to remove ads between posts
Aug 26, 2016, 04:39 PM
Miguel and I spent the day tweaking and adding even better support for this receiver (and other new receivers like AR6600T and AR6270T). Can't get into the details here, but you guys operating with flight controllers are gonna love the next transmitter update!

Andy
Aug 28, 2016, 04:15 AM

Range

Please work on the range too guys
That's the most important factor and the edge the Taranis have
Aug 28, 2016, 07:48 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jdm1983
If its better than my spektrum diversity sat im all in
Aug 28, 2016, 09:17 AM
Quote:
Two-plus miles is insufficient?

Andy
Aug 28, 2016, 10:42 AM
prop smashing
so would you say that this has better range than the standard race satellite?
Aug 28, 2016, 10:47 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by AndyKunz
Two-plus miles is insufficient?

Andy
I hope you mean on the new sat and not the diversity... Many pilots (Ummagawd) have glitches and crashes with the new diversity sat..

I fly the diversity sat on 2 alien 5" frames and have all the time glitches (<300meter)

If the new telemetry sat is >1000meter i will equip immediately my rigs with these
Aug 28, 2016, 04:28 PM
Quote:
I hope you mean on the new sat and not the diversity... Many pilots (Ummagawd) have glitches and crashes with the new diversity sat..

I fly the diversity sat on 2 alien 5" frames and have all the time glitches (<300meter)

If the new telemetry sat is >1000meter i will equip immediately my rigs with these
If you're flying close to the ground or behind bushes and buildings, you need to use a low-speed link. If you are flying 100' up, then yes, you get fantastic range - one of my friends flies his Stryker that far from his base, but again he's well above tree height. We don't recommend you do that, obviously. Keep it line of sight!

Telemetry range is about the same as with the AR7350/AR9350.

If you are having glitches, I strongly suggest you listen to the people who can tell you PROPERLY (not "I saw on the Internet") how to configure your system.

Andy
Aug 28, 2016, 04:53 PM
Quote:
If you're flying close to the ground or behind bushes and buildings, you need to use a low-speed link. If you are flying 100' up, then yes, you get fantastic range - one of my friends flies his Stryker that far from his base, but again he's well above tree height. We don't recommend you do that, obviously. Keep it line of sight!

If you are having glitches, I strongly suggest you listen to the people who can tell you PROPERLY (not "I saw on the Internet") how to configure your system.

Andy
Cant take this post serious andy... You dissapoint me. The pro guys like rotor riot (final glide) switched from spektrum to taranis only because of poor range... Should i post a link of youtube where he mention this with steele? Its not a secret about the poor range of the spektrum sats..
Aug 28, 2016, 05:18 PM
prop smashing
Quote:

Andy
What do you mean by configuring the system?
Also I really hope this new receiver is better than the last race satellite or someone is going to buy a taranis real soon...
Aug 28, 2016, 05:21 PM
Antenna placement.
Crappy placement and you have less than 100m range. When placing everything with brains switched on I never had problems since.
Aug 28, 2016, 05:22 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by STRYKA.
What do you mean by configuring the system?
Also I really hope this new receiver is better than the last race satellite...
Configure your system like we are idiots... Using spektrum for 10 years and i am a spektrum fanboy... The only reason i dont get in to taranis is because i love spektrum except its range
Aug 28, 2016, 05:24 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mukenukem
Antenna placement.
Crappy placement and you have less than 100m range. When placing everything with brains switched on I never had problems since.
So ummagwad, finalglide and steele are idiots... Sorry these guys are the crème da la creme
Aug 29, 2016, 04:54 AM
prop smashing
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mukenukem
Antenna placement.
I have tried a few different antenna placements and the range still sucks
Aug 29, 2016, 05:53 AM
Quote:
So ummagwad, finalglide and steele are idiots... Sorry these guys are the crème da la creme
Knowing how to fly does not mean that they know how to build properly and place the receiver. Not assuming anything, by the way.