RT Models Mig-15 - RC Groups
Feb 06, 2002, 06:57 AM

RT Models Mig-15

Almost ready to cover the Mig. Building the fuse is like building a model ship, lots of planking. At this point with a HW-609 fan and an Ultra 920/4 motor it wieghs 24 oz.
Ronnie now has foam wing cores available if you don't like built up wings. I decided to build it as is.
Jim Phelps
to remove ads between posts
Feb 06, 2002, 06:58 AM
One more
Feb 06, 2002, 08:54 AM
Purple power
looks good Jim; the weight sounds good too...........gregg
Feb 06, 2002, 02:17 PM
steve neill
steve neill
Nice building Jim. Looks real good. Weight is great too.
Steve Neill
Feb 06, 2002, 02:30 PM
Very nice job. All that hard work pays off.
Feb 06, 2002, 03:18 PM
Lithium Member
That is really light Jim! So the empty balsa airframe is about 24 oz - 8 oz (920-4 motor) - 3 oz (HW609+cables) - 2 oz (3 Servos) = about 11oz. Are you planning on completing the wing sheeting & fiberglassing the whole structure?
Feb 06, 2002, 05:39 PM
Thanks for the comments!
Herb,
I'm going to cover it with monocote just like it is. I thought about sheeting the wings but changed my mind. I decided to keep it as simple and light as possible. I had the 609/920 combo in a Gnat and it was very fast so it should make this go like crazy.
Ronnie,
Its not that hard to build. I framed up the two fuse halves in two nights. It all went together well. I hope you have the F-16 out soon, it's looking good.
Jim Phelps
Feb 06, 2002, 05:39 PM
Very first airframe we did came in at 14oz; that is because we coated the inside of the fuselage with epoxy.
Feb 07, 2002, 05:08 PM
Quote:
Originally posted by Jim Phelps
Thanks for the comments!
Herb,
I'm going to cover it with monocote just like it is. I thought about sheeting the wings but changed my mind. I decided to keep it as simple and light as possible. I had the 609/920 combo in a Gnat and it was very fast so it should make this go like crazy.
Ronnie,
Its not that hard to build. I framed up the two fuse halves in two nights. It all went together well. I hope you have the F-16 out soon, it's looking good.
Jim Phelps
Jim,a
Glad to hear that; especially in a ARF world. First 5 F-16 kits went out today; Last five should go out on Monday.
Thanks,
Ronny Trigo