Aug 26, 2016, 12:38 AM
Thread OP
Contest

MID-AMERICA SOARING CHAMPS (Mixed Launch TD!) Lexington Ky

September 10 & 11

(Its been pointed out that its not actually the middle of America, but its been called this since the beginning of rc soaring time :-)

If you have never been to the Bluegrass Soaring Society's flying site, you are missing out.

This ain't your dad's Oldsmobile location. Its not flat as a board, its not surrounded by trees, there are some tall thermal generators, you could hear horses in the distance if you weren't focus'd on reading your thermals.

There's a mix of terrain, topography, parking lots, walking paths, a creek and lots of open space.

The BlueGrass Club is renting a Golf Cart to shag chutes, so you'll be there to fly, not to get some exercise. ;-)

IF you are tired of rehashing the same old local series contests over and over and over, flying with the same guys over and over, here's an opportunity to experience more of the rc soaring world.

IF your goal is to go to the Masters in Muncie, this will be a really good tune up event. Low pressure, high fun.

Winches will be loaded with Gordy Gold Line (yes the stuff everyone who's used it raves about the stretch). It lets you load up the line without ripping the model from your hand...and plenty of "ping" power too!

The BlueGrass and the Louisville Area Soaring clubs have worked together in the past to insure you guys will have not only a contest but a really great experience. This year their key members are spread thin with family stuff, so they reached out to offer the event to us to run. The MidAmerica Soaring Champs has long history in Lexington, so we are excited to help keep it there.

You'll never get these days back, you almost didn't have this opportunity!

More details to follow as we get closer so stay tuned in!
Gordy (co-CD)
Last edited by Gordysoar; Sep 01, 2016 at 03:00 PM.
to remove ads between posts
Aug 26, 2016, 02:38 PM
What days is this shindig?

Marck
Aug 26, 2016, 09:59 PM
Thread OP

September 10 & 11

SEPTEMBER 10 & 11

The Coldstream Research Park field is located off Newtown Pike (Exit 115 off I-75) opposite the Griffin Gate Mariott Resort. Turn right at Aristedes (light), and you will see a Embassy Suites to your right. Aristedes will dead end into McGrathiana Pkwy. At this intersection you will see a lone building that belongs to Coldstream Research Laboratories. Proceed into the parking lot, and the field is located behind on the right hand side of the facility

Camping on the field, (Porta potty on site, but lots of restaurants almost in walking distance)

FORMAT Unlimited Mixed Launch TD (Seeded MOM)

LANDING TASK : 10' RUNWAY ANCHORED ROPE LINE, 100 POINTS MEASURED FROM NOSE TO RUNWAY LINE.

TROPHIES:
FIRST, SECOND, THIRD PLACES (EXPERT AND SPORTSMAN!

OVER-ALL HIGH POINT TWO DAY COMBINED PILOT(Expert or Sportsman!)
LOUISVILLE SLUGGER BAT TROPHY

BEST TWO DAY LANDER:

LOUISVILLE SLUGGER HOME PLATE (Land skills recognized and rewarded!)

Pilots meeting will be between 9:00 and 9:30 on each day and flying will begin shortly thereafter.

Golf Cart on Site so no needless walking!

Grass will be cut and groomed in the landing zones!

Fees will, be $25.00 per day.

Lunch will be provided on Saturday , compliments of the BSS. Drinks will be provided on both days.

Contact CD: Gordy 502-727-9595
Last edited by Gordysoar; Aug 29, 2016 at 04:14 PM.
Aug 28, 2016, 07:57 PM
Ron Smith
Gordy,

This sounds like a great event. Count me in. I am excited to get back to flying at a contest after a summer of not being able to travel. We will see how an electric Aspire and a winched Aspire do head to head !

See you there,

Ron
Aug 29, 2016, 11:25 AM
Thread OP

A lot of buzz about this one!

Looks like Paul is coming up from New Orleans, and guys from Ohio too.

They say build it and they will come, we're busy building!
Gordy
Aug 29, 2016, 06:12 PM
Last edited by Jim409; Aug 29, 2016 at 09:38 PM.
Aug 30, 2016, 05:31 PM
Thread OP

Dewey is coming from Nashville!

Dewey M has contacted me and is in!
That makes, Ohio, Indiana, Louisiana and of course Kentucky representing!
Gordy
Aug 30, 2016, 08:00 PM