May 06, 2018, 05:33 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by brotherhobby View Post
Good News!
One Month One Motor (OMOM)
We will provide an star motor with best price every month to thanks for customer and pilot ,let's name it OMOM.

Here is the star of this month,BrotherHobby Returner R3 2206-1720KV.
Good choice for Long Rang:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=26qLEiAQFhI

You can get it via any BrotherHobby's Distributor or BrotherHobbystore.com
https://www.brotherhobbystore.com/goods/show-141.html

See these on sale somewhere for the month too think 17.99 or so.
Look nice.

BROTHERHOBBY;
Any chamce we could get a 2208 or 2209 32g or less motor with 9x4x4 abec7 bearing and titanium shaft, with same diameter throughout whole shaft,titanium shaft retention m3 cap head screw,so if ever striped it could easily be grabbed with pliers,n45sh or n52sh arc magnets and full range of kv like a 1500kv,1800,2200,2500,2700 and for people like me the only kv that matters 3000kv☺
Or if you could get 3500 or so that's more than fine with me.
Just saying youd have many areas covered with longs range,efficient hv setup,lower kvlarge 8in and mayne 9in setups as well as standard 5in 4s stick banger and the only reason I really asked about this for the 3000kv 4s rocket that has 6s speeds on 4s and on 5s and 6s with big block esc and a 5in dual prop could be used for live feed of dragster going down the track or flown down the street for fun,basically choices are they're.
Doubt this will get any motors like these made but maybe a good idea would to either on this thread or a fresh new one to ask or just make ,either one.a non-mass produced motor in special small batches that are posted on this forum for sale as id imagine a small group that had input on good motors for what they want em for and made quality with good specs theyd be sold quiclly.
Kinda like deluxe grade A series with max spec and attention paid to their materials and construction.
Id imagine on a thread on rcg alone 100 sets of 2208-2209 size motors in 1600kv/2450kv/3000kv would sell rather ridiculously quick ,especially if built with materials and specs I atated above.
If that were done once a week I can bet it would bring a good percentage of gain in sales from a group that wouldn't of been buying a different aet of BH motors so basically gaining an all new customer anf sale that wouldnt of been without the " special " motor .
I could see someone getting praise at the factory though for selling 400 sets of motors a month without taking away from any other motor sales of any other size in any way.
I would like to say I have no problem receiving 2 sets of 3000kv and signing 1 set and sending em back for BH lobby display of motors where all the awards and certificates are and flying the other set for my innovative idea .

You guys need any other fresh 2018 ideas I got you.
I feel we can make this a record year together .
There is no "I" in together but there is a, GET, so lets GET out there with these grade A motors and GET mkre money!!!!!!
Whooooooooo!!!!!

Wasnt that motivational?
Likely still no 2208/2209 high kv motors but was fun no less.
to remove ads between posts
May 06, 2018, 07:44 PM
Thread OP
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dirkdigla666 View Post
See these on sale somewhere for the month too think 17.99 or so.
Look nice.

BROTHERHOBBY;
Any chamce we could get a 2208 or 2209 32g or less motor with 9x4x4 abec7 bearing and titanium shaft, with same diameter throughout whole shaft,titanium shaft retention m3 cap head screw,so if ever striped it could easily be grabbed with pliers,n45sh or n52sh arc magnets and full range of kv like a 1500kv,1800,2200,2500,2700 and for people like me the only kv that matters 3000kv☺
Or if you could get 3500 or so that's more than fine with me.
Just saying youd have many areas covered with longs range,efficient hv setup,lower kvlarge 8in and mayne 9in setups as well as standard 5in 4s stick banger and the only reason I really asked about this for the 3000kv 4s rocket that has 6s speeds on 4s and on 5s and 6s with big block esc and a 5in dual prop could be used for live feed of dragster going down the track or flown down the street for fun,basically choices are they're.
Doubt this will get any motors like these made but maybe a good idea would to either on this thread or a fresh new one to ask or just make ,either one.a non-mass produced motor in special small batches that are posted on this forum for sale as id imagine a small group that had input on good motors for what they want em for and made quality with good specs theyd be sold quiclly.
Kinda like deluxe grade A series with max spec and attention paid to their materials and construction.
Id imagine on a thread on rcg alone 100 sets of 2208-2209 size motors in 1600kv/2450kv/3000kv would sell rather ridiculously quick ,especially if built with materials and specs I atated above.
If that were done once a week I can bet it would bring a good percentage of gain in sales from a group that wouldn't of been buying a different aet of BH motors so basically gaining an all new customer anf sale that wouldnt of been without the " special " motor .
I could see someone getting praise at the factory though for selling 400 sets of motors a month without taking away from any other motor sales of any other size in any way.
I would like to say I have no problem receiving 2 sets of 3000kv and signing 1 set and sending em back for BH lobby display of motors where all the awards and certificates are and flying the other set for my innovative idea .

You guys need any other fresh 2018 ideas I got you.
I feel we can make this a record year together .
There is no "I" in together but there is a, GET, so lets GET out there with these grade A motors and GET mkre money!!!!!!
Whooooooooo!!!!!

Wasnt that motivational?
Likely still no 2208/2209 high kv motors but was fun no less.
Thanks very much for your suggestion.We'll discuss these.
Thank you again,have a nice day!

BrotherHobby
May 07, 2018, 03:11 PM
I perfectly agree with big, high kv motors. they are ridicolously efficient and if you push they are bullets.
May 07, 2018, 06:55 PM
OMG +1, I would LOVE a 2208 or 2209. I am flying F80 2408 and might consider a motor like described above.
May 07, 2018, 09:42 PM
Examining 789 motor/prop combinations while accounting for stator volume, motor weight, and varying measured motor Kv, I made plots for the static rpm, efficiency, and thrust. Results vary, but there's a clear rpm vs efficiency trend and no trend for static thrust. Keep in mind that dynamic excess thrust is a function of both static thrust & rpm.
May 08, 2018, 05:57 AM
Interpreting the Rpm/Eff charts a bit further, you can see how when going from 2400Kv to 2600Kv there’s quite a bit of Rpm gain along with an efficiency loss. So depending on how you utilize throttle there could be a net efficiency gain. However, past 2600Kv the positive Rpm gain trend discontinues while the efficiency loss trend continues.

Disclaimer: these are average results and are applicable to 5” props only. The trends shift depending on prop size.
Last edited by AILERON8; May 08, 2018 at 06:03 AM.
Jun 14, 2018, 02:11 AM
Can I put 7" twinblades on R3 1720 kv for long range?
Jun 14, 2018, 05:25 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by nasone32 View Post
I perfectly agree with big, high kv motors. they are ridicolously efficient and if you push they are bullets.
Totally agree. The fpv racing wing market is also growing fast.... and now I actually prefer it to quads. Brotherhobby are missing an oportunity by not really tapping into this marketplace.

The Avenger series is a step in the right direction for us but we definately need more options.

Better, higher tolerance 9x4x4 premium bearings.
Square wire armature windings could possibly push performance and efficiency to new levels and a magnet retaining lip on the bell would be very good Engineering.
Naked bottoms would be fine and good for aiding cooling while the psychedelic finish of the R6 would look amazing once again.

A 2310 and 2515 in a range of kV from 1700-3000 would probably cover most small/med size racing wing setups for 4-6s and you have my full permission to call it the ARI wing racing series of motors and I'm more than happy to test them for you if required.

Then just market them in the wing racing section of the forum and they will sell like hot cakes.

Thank you.
Last edited by Ari33; Jun 14, 2018 at 09:03 AM.
Jun 16, 2018, 09:53 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ari33 View Post
Totally agree. The fpv racing wing market is also growing fast.... and now I actually prefer it to quads. Brotherhobby are missing an oportunity by not really tapping into this marketplace.

The Avenger series is a step in the right direction for us but we definately need more options.

Better, higher tolerance 9x4x4 premium bearings.
Square wire armature windings could possibly push performance and efficiency to new levels and a magnet retaining lip on the bell would be very good Engineering.
Naked bottoms would be fine and good for aiding cooling while the psychedelic finish of the R6 would look amazing once again.

A 2310 and 2515 in a range of kV from 1700-3000 would probably cover most small/med size racing wing setups for 4-6s and you have my full permission to call it the ARI wing racing series of motors and I'm more than happy to test them for you if required.

Then just market them in the wing racing section of the forum and they will sell like hot cakes.

Thank you.
Man if they make a 2310 3000kv and keep it 45g or less of be building a beast 6s 5-5.5in build with em so theyd cover 2 markets.☺

Also agree about 2507 avengers .
At 2700kv I get same if not longer flights over 2207 motors if I fly quickly but with mixed high and low throttle and if doing speed passes on 6s I get about 6 full passes going between 128-142mph using 5050x3 ideal prop and flash 5552x3.
Best of both worlds really.
The 2450kv are really efficient and just about as quick though 2700kv on 4s is better flying of course .
Will be testing 2450kv on 7s and 8s here shortly on my 8s build.
Havnt flown past 6s yet as getting motors to run cool and good as possible on 6s 1st.
Great motors and have had several sets of each kv as well as each kv of 1507 avengers which are powerhouse mini motors as well.
Last edited by Dirkdigla666; Jun 16, 2018 at 09:58 PM.
Jun 16, 2018, 09:59 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by aliasx View Post
Can I put 7" twinblades on R3 1720 kv for long range?
for sure ,used 7050x2 apc on 2450kv 2207 without a problem 1720kv should make easy work of 7in dual props.
Jun 17, 2018, 01:57 PM
Quote:
Man if they make a 2310 3000kv and keep it 45g or less of be building a beast 6s 5-5.5in build with em so theyd cover 2 markets.☺

Also agree about 2507 avengers .
At 2700kv I get same if not longer flights over 2207 motors if I fly quickly but with mixed high and low throttle and if doing speed passes on 6s I get about 6 full passes going between 128-142mph using 5050x3 ideal prop and flash 5552x3.
Best of both worlds really.
The 2450kv are really efficient and just about as quick though 2700kv on 4s is better flying of course .
Will be testing 2450kv on 7s and 8s here shortly on my 8s build.
Havnt flown past 6s yet as getting motors to run cool and good as possible on 6s 1st.
Great motors and have had several sets of each kv as well as each kv of 1507 avengers which are powerhouse mini motors as well.
Ha, 8s 2450kv! I love your build ideas. Never enough power.

What 6-7 inch props are you running that handle the high rpms ?

I built a 2508 setup and it just flattens everything out. (I did genuinely think of you(r setups) when I built it)
Jun 17, 2018, 04:16 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by fernandodlc2011 View Post
Ha, 8s 2450kv! I love your build ideas. Never enough power.

What 6-7 inch props are you running that handle the high rpms ?

I built a 2508 setup and it just flattens everything out. (I did genuinely think of you(r setups) when I built it)
The 7in were 7050 apc and it was near silent at low mkd throttle and sounded like a train at full throttle and was going in the 110-115mph range on 4s.
Only 7in ive used on high kv thus far.
Am about to build a 10in high kv once arms show up.maybe not high but 1500-1800kv and 4s if it can take 5 or 6s that too
Jun 17, 2018, 05:13 PM
Dirkdigla666, very interesting to hear about the performance of your quads in various power train configurations... just remember to avoid your props tip speed going supersonic or even exceeding much beyond the Mach 0.82 figure... if you want to avoid excessive noise, blade flutter, huge vibration and prop disintegration. Not necessarily in that order either!

See http://www.hoverhawk.com/propspd.html
Jun 18, 2018, 08:57 AM
Quote:
The 7in were 7050 apc and it was near silent at low mkd throttle and sounded like a train at full throttle and was going in the 110-115mph range on 4s.
Only 7in ive used on high kv thus far.
Am about to build a 10in high kv once arms show up.maybe not high but 1500-1800kv and 4s if it can take 5 or 6s that too
You are the second person to recommend those. clearly they are the gold standard. what about 6"?
Jun 19, 2018, 11:53 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by fernandodlc2011 View Post
You are the second person to recommend those. clearly they are the gold standard. what about 6"?
One of the most able props when dealing with high rpm and high voltage as they are stiff as hell and dont deform and have great thrust and aerodynamics like a Indy car.
Basically all their props are gonna be awesome though I jate the new fpv black 5150x2 and 5150x3 as well as 5.2x6.0x2 and x3 props.
Way too flimsy and weak to me and complete opposite of why i like apc props.
They are way cheaper than the sets of 5.0x4.6x2 and 5.2x5.0 and 5.5x4.5 props.
I'd stay away from them.
For 5in get 5046x2 and 6in get 6043x2 and 7in 7050x2.
All those are great.

Quick Reply