Jan 23, 2017, 03:56 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by BirdBarber
Banggood has the 4-in-1 in the US warehouse at a good price.

On the Devo 10 eBay sellers beat the Banggood price by $20-$30 and they ship from US warehouses.
New with box $101 http://www.ebay.com/itm/Walkera-DEVO...YAAOSwDN1UTwNy
New - no box - from RTF kit $91 http://www.ebay.com/itm/Walkera-2-4G...oAAOSwKPNTzKHM

You could be a Deviant in no time!
Thanks for the input BirdBarber - will certainly check it out. I was going to go for a Spektrum DX 6 or 8 but have realised that the Devo 10 option is a bit of a 'no brainer'. I have only read good things about it so far and haven't come across one negative comment that I can think of. So yup, Deviant life style here we come
Last edited by Cyclone 7; Jan 23, 2017 at 06:48 AM.
to remove ads between posts
Jan 23, 2017, 08:33 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyclone 7
Thanks for the input BirdBarber - will certainly check it out. I was going to go for a Spektrum DX 6 or 8 but have realised that the Devo 10 option is a bit of a 'no brainer'. I have only read good things about it so far and haven't come across one negative comment that I can think of. So yup, Deviant life style here we come
I bought one last year initially for my v977 so installed the nrf24L01 module.

Also fly trex 250.. and a syma quadcopter.

So much better than the stock v977 TX , id also imagine it making a difference with the v950 aswell.

It took me a while to figure out how to program it but it became clear after following a tutorial on how to set it up for another heli.
Jan 23, 2017, 12:34 PM
Mastre cp / v950
Servo: emax 08
Esc: hk 15A
Motor: no name(ali express)
FBL: v950
Jan 23, 2017, 02:06 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by spyder007
Mastre cp / v950
Servo: emax 08
Esc: hk 15A
Motor: no name(ali express)
FBL: v950
Thats an interesting looking motor!

So how does it fly?? or are you not ready to test it yet. Looks like there was some mod to get those servos to fit???
Jan 23, 2017, 03:15 PM
Had some flights yesterday but had a strange thing. I was doing sort of big eights in the sky, two times when i tried to change heli direction it look like the tail stopped to work and suddendly started to work again. I don't think it was the wind effect (9miles/hour), do you think it can be due to the 6g mode that tried to "fix" any of my bad move?
Please note during this flight i never flied so hard with it (trainings gived me confidence!), and that never happened with calm flies
Jan 23, 2017, 03:31 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by bazsound
Thats an interesting looking motor!

So how does it fly?? or are you not ready to test it yet. Looks like there was some mod to get those servos to fit???
Motor 4500kv a monster, the sound at the promotion of the rotor is very scary !! Pinion 14T. The first attempt did not go successfully flight due to bad curve FBL, the helicopter fell sharply declined while the stick down very smoothly. Rama broke in two places.
All replaced parts, left to adjust the angle of the blades unnecessarily servos up to 2-3mm relatives, had to shorten the links to the end, which would adjust the angle of the blades.
Last edited by spyder007; Jan 23, 2017 at 03:40 PM.
Jan 23, 2017, 07:04 PM
Slideways at warp speed.......
Thread OP
Back to back flights this morning in mild breeze, maybe 5-8 mph, stock vs high head speed bird. The higher head speeds makes the slow pitch change more noticeable around the mid stick, heli becomes quite nervous to fly. Im pulling my 3800kv and going back to the stock motor, far smoother to fly overall. Until such time as i can figure a pitch curve overwrite in ch9 on the devo, the higher head speed motor is parked.....

Longer rotor blades / longer tail tube will be my next mod with the stock motor.
Jan 24, 2017, 05:02 AM

Flybarless conversion of v912 or v915 models with v950 parts

I wonder if it is possible to convert the V912 or V915 to FBL using V950 rotor heads and extreme SRX 200 blades.
Jan 24, 2017, 10:35 AM
Has anyone had a tail motor pack up on them yet? - just wondering what sort of life expectancy we can anticipate in terms of ordering for the 'spares box'. Most I've ever got out of the 912/915 with heat sink fitted, is about 5 hours worth of flying, at a rough estimate.
Last edited by Cyclone 7; Jan 24, 2017 at 12:45 PM.
Jan 24, 2017, 10:44 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by spyder007
Motor 4500kv a monster, the sound at the promotion of the rotor is very scary !! Pinion 14T. The first attempt did not go successfully flight due to bad curve FBL, the helicopter fell sharply declined while the stick down very smoothly. Rama broke in two places.
All replaced parts, left to adjust the angle of the blades unnecessarily servos up to 2-3mm relatives, had to shorten the links to the end, which would adjust the angle of the blades.
increasing the headspeed is going to increase the amount of lift generated at the same blade pitch. So essentially you will need less positive to hover and the same for inverted. and from reading about the 950 it seems that it has far too much pitch.

i read way back that it had too much pitch, which would make it really sensitive around mid stick. If you have a programmable radio you could reduce the sensitivity by using expo
Jan 24, 2017, 11:40 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Can'tFly
does your k110's tail blows out? I mean 45 to 80 degrees both sides in a simple tail-in hover? thanks.
I fly 3d+iddle up only, so it holds well in this mode. hovering, inverted hovering, flips rolls - works ok. Something is wrong with your k110.
Jan 24, 2017, 11:54 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kyrax
Had some flights yesterday but had a strange thing. I was doing sort of big eights in the sky, two times when i tried to change heli direction it look like the tail stopped to work and suddendly started to work again. I don't think it was the wind effect (9miles/hour), do you think it can be due to the 6g mode that tried to "fix" any of my bad move?
Please note during this flight i never flied so hard with it (trainings gived me confidence!), and that never happened with calm flies
It is OK, I think. Mine also stops when it wanted to turn "nose left" as fast as it can. It is normal for brushed tail. But looks funny.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kiwi_craig
Until such time as i can figure a pitch curve overwrite in ch9 on the devo, the higher head speed motor is parked.....
any v977 ini file for devo could help. or just set 9ch source to none and set thr trim to it, i found some pictures how to do that in this old article. Then it will work as with stock TX.
Last edited by Twilight_Sun; Jan 24, 2017 at 12:01 PM.
Jan 24, 2017, 04:53 PM
I stumbled on this Kiwi, https://www.rcgroups.com/forums/show...-of-a-deadzone

Might be something to remove dead zone on pitch?
Jan 24, 2017, 06:41 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Twilight_Sun
It is OK, I think. Mine also stops when it wanted to turn "nose left" as fast as it can. It is normal for brushed tail. But looks funny.
Thank you for the answer, i'll try to reproduce that in a video this week end if the weather let me fly.
Jan 24, 2017, 07:52 PM
Tyler Carmichael J.
I can make all of my direct drive motorized tails stop. Just fff and then give lots of negative pitch, like, all of it. You can watch the tail rotor stop and it starts to drift, gotta add positive collective because the tails can't reverse their thrust.
Edit: seems like an extra fet or two could make tail motor bi directional, wonder why none are this way?

Quick Reply