Aug 24, 2016, 12:03 AM
ı ɐɯ uoɹɯɐן
Thread OP
Discussion

Mobius Mini ... general discussion, your uses of the camera, and some BS ;-)

Quote from the Mobius Mini Support Thread found here: https://www.rcgroups.com/forums/show...0#post35557755
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom Frank
OK, this new thread is replacing the Pre-release Mobius Mini thread I used to give advanced information that was in the final stages before the camera was released for sale. That thread is now closed, but if interested in the discussion there, here is the link to it.

I ask everyone to PLEASE keep your posts on topic, and do not treat this thread like an anything goes blog of comments such as you find in online social networks like Facebook, Twitter, etc. This kind of banter adds nothing of general interest to the readers who come here looking for useful information or help related to the Mini camera.

Thanks in advance for your cooperation.

I happen to agree with Tom's intent so how 'bout we put all the banter in a different thread?

I will likely order one this week. Unfortunately I just received a 828/18 on Monday that I'm not happy with. Will likely give it to a friend.
to remove ads between posts
Aug 24, 2016, 02:22 AM
yeah, would have been better to leave the sneek peek thread open, it was already populated...

Edit: continuing a topic mentioned in the sneek peek of the video stabilization missing from product ebay spec, (and in the manual) seen it on Isoprop's mSetup...thus the feature should be there (either already or in the future)
Last edited by Matt_V939; Aug 24, 2016 at 02:26 AM. Reason: mSetup video stabilization
Aug 24, 2016, 05:36 AM
Couldn't wait to order this little camera (think I got #7); it seems to have a lot the Mobius 2 has too in a (much?) smaller formfactor which is hard to beat and more practical imo. Since I got a replacement battery for my 808#16 some time ago and used it on my small F959 plane recently, I've been amazed again how well that one's already performing, and the MM will add to that
Aug 24, 2016, 06:45 AM
I think this MMini project overlapped with the M2 just by chance (due to the latter delay).

Or this is a long shot once they devised 808#16 evolution.
This MM was a real surprise (let's see as sales ramp up is quicker than M2, 28 MM insofar in 2 days against 105 M2 in 1 month), it outpaces direct competitors, M2 has much tougher competitors.

Looks like this mini is more targeted towards FPV people, I would have expected more dedicated features..unless these might be under the hood (thinking about the 10 pin USB).

Wondering how they will cope with the update-development of 2 new models on the market at the same time now.....and if it will impact future M3 & MM2 models.
Aug 24, 2016, 09:51 AM
Spotty Herbert
I'm very interested in it, but the fisheye distortion on the sample clip is making me nauseous. I just don't think I could live with such a compromised lens:

Mobius Mini Pre release Sample (0 min 18 sec)

And this is the narrow angle option!
Aug 24, 2016, 10:05 AM
Are we not men? We are DEVO!
I know! finally a narrow lens I like !
Aug 24, 2016, 10:39 AM
Adam
I don't think that video is confirmed as being the narrow lens. It was pre-release video. It was released back when they were saying it was 130 degrees I thought.
Aug 24, 2016, 10:55 AM
→ 404 Not Found
Yeah I believe the sample video had the wider lens. The mini that now can be ordered has a "A" lens 110 degrees. At least I think.. That was the reason I went ahead and ordered one yesterday.

Waited a long time for the Mobius 2 but still not sure about that or the Legend 2.
Plus I got 2 Turnigy 2K cams on last sale for 40 bucks, and very happy with those.

The smaller form factor simply makes this one of a kind at the moment. Let's hope the quality makes up for the price, than I do think I'll get good use out of it
Last edited by Justapoke; Aug 24, 2016 at 11:51 AM.
Aug 24, 2016, 10:58 AM
after comparing franks stills to the video, its clear the video was with the wider lens. now im rather looking forward to the A lens.
Aug 24, 2016, 11:03 AM
Adam
I am definitely hoping that the video is the wider 130 degree FOV. I am hoping for less fisheye distortion with the production 110 degree lens.

I need this for my 1.5m DLG (hand launch sailplane) flying when I want to get some video. It weighs 237 grams so I need to keep the video camera as light as possible. I was restricted to using the 808 #16 but the video on that while is ok enough for me to use... I have been wanting a little better video quality and 1080p. I think this video camera is going to be a very popular size/weight combo.
Aug 24, 2016, 11:10 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by xStatiCa
I think this video camera is going to be a very popular size/weight combo.
yep. I already ordered...

one should be here in a few days.
Last edited by xanuser; Aug 24, 2016 at 11:22 AM.
Aug 24, 2016, 09:02 PM
Quads and FPV it's not a crime
looking forward to trying this camera on my mini quads I think I was #12 we will see how long it takes to get here.
Aug 24, 2016, 10:36 PM
Leo
the results.

Mobius MINI versus Firefly Q6 Latency Review (7 min 41 sec)
Last edited by diydrone; Sep 30, 2016 at 05:37 AM.
Aug 25, 2016, 02:51 AM
Spotty Herbert
Quote:
Originally Posted by xanuser
after comparing franks stills to the video, its clear the video was with the wider lens. now im rather looking forward to the A lens.
Ok, the usual sales prevention tactic of posting the worst looking sample video possible then. Marvellous.
Aug 25, 2016, 03:07 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by DucknDive
Ok, the usual sales prevention tactic of posting the worst looking sample video possible then. Marvellous.
too true. its par for the course, as the golfers say.

Quick Reply