Oct 25, 2020, 05:30 AM
fools? at least i'm honest :)
i change my mind i change the route tomorrow, spending 2156mah for today not making any warm at all for the Z
add 15km's more hopefully does

gentlemen! wish i'm not forget to press a record button again, because i believe it will worth to watch
to remove ads between posts
Oct 25, 2020, 07:47 AM
Benz, have you tried plotting your route to take advantage of natural lift through thermal and contour effects? I have set routes I fly here, fairly regularly through the year, and I have learned of many places where the air either works in my favour, or completely against me for lift and it can make a huge difference on my battery consumption over a long distance flight.
The challenge is identifying where those places are in your area, and what time of the day works best.
For me it's tree lines along the edges of clear ground, and just east of them (wind and breeze is usually from the west here) and the lee side of ridges but at very specific altitudes depending on wind speed, faster = higher, and freshly plowed paddocks in the sun are like a rocket ride, probably the moisture laden air absorbing more heat causing the lift. That one saved me recently on a weather misadventure, after fighting an unexpected headwind home I had a dead battery while still 5km from base so I headed for a clear dark paddock that had been recently cultivated. I thought it would be easier to locate the plane in a blind final landing, but once I reached it with the motor off, I got swept up in a thermal, and I flat circled in a 2m/s free ride up to safe glide home altitude... and that plane was far from being a glider. That event was late in the day, and at other times it probably wouldn't work, but other places that do are very regular and predictable in this part of the world.
Do you take note of any thermal activity in your adventures?
Oct 25, 2020, 08:17 AM
can't feel it if we are in auto or cruise which i'm always did for doing LR, because on both flight mode the altitude always LOCKED with the FC, which is when it have a lift then the FC push them down again and same for vise versa, what i feel is by looking from the amps, if it drop it means it get a lift because the FC reduce the thr to hold it down

that's why for the regain the altitude (departure) i'm always took a route which the winds cames first

same like tomorrow, i should climb to 450meters on last target, i took a route to the east which the winds comes first everyday in here and go home with the winds (OOppsss the trick showing up)
Oct 25, 2020, 09:16 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by korakora
gentlemen! wish i'm not forget to press a record button again, because i believe it will worth to watch
*ahmmm...my hunch seems proven

71km's 4s1p 18640 landed @14.10v (rest)
*sorry i think the Power Module defect or something so the meter are ridiculous false, that's why i measuring with the avometer instead
Oct 26, 2020, 04:01 AM
Quote:
*ahmmm...my hunch seems proven

71km's 4s1p 18640 landed @14.10v (rest)
*sorry i think the Power Module defect or something so the meter are ridiculous false, that's why i measuring with the avometer instead
Great result Benz, and some amazing footage too.
Cheers mate.
Oct 26, 2020, 06:39 AM
Thanks AC! but unfortunately we must disappointed this time
after 10 hours battling with the editing
there are sooo many ...

- oh noooo --- cut
- yeay hell no --- skip
- OMG no way -- jump
- you must be kidding me -- next
- seriously ?? -- dump it
- whatt!! -- burned

wrong route gentlemen!!
from 130 minutes flight footage now it's only remaind 7 minutes, will take another route next time
beside 40% of this flight was inside a dark cloud
5 minutes after launch it's RAIN!! also that also one of the reason soo much skip in this video

so this is it, better than nothing to watch

Wing Z-84 The Queen OF Long Range (7 min 27 sec)
Oct 26, 2020, 07:06 AM
Korakora, what are your thoughts on the C1 chaser? Do you prefer the z84 because of the compact size? Wondering how much more you could do with the C1 chaser as it’s just bigger than the z84 but similar airframe.
Oct 26, 2020, 07:28 AM
like everyone else said (including my thought too)

the Z are too small and the fx is too huge
yeah i had to admit the C1 is a perfect choice

depend from what you need
small mean agile fast and fun for LOS flight
big are the most stable for who need ro have a smooth footage
C1 is between them
Oct 26, 2020, 08:59 AM
My only complaint with the C1 is the foam density. They are very easy to leave fingerprints or contact dents in, so laminating is almost a must, but that adds some weight, so probably no good if you're chasing endurance records.
The Z is a very tough little wing, I've had mine attacked by birds many times which on one occasion the birds wing spike (a masked lapwing) tore through a section of my wing and completely ripped an elevon off, but it kept flying and I managed to bring it home and landed.
For some strange reason they seem to have a pathological hatred of the Z but don't care about the C1... just the extra size makes all the difference to them I guess.
Oct 26, 2020, 12:03 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by alicecooper
My only complaint with the C1 is the foam density. They are very easy to leave fingerprints or contact dents in, so laminating is almost a must, but that adds some weight, so probably no good if you're chasing endurance records.
The Z is a very tough little wing, I've had mine attacked by birds many times which on one occasion the birds wing spike (a masked lapwing) tore through a section of my wing and completely ripped an elevon off, but it kept flying and I managed to bring it home and landed.
For some strange reason they seem to have a pathological hatred of the Z but don't care about the C1... just the extra size makes all the difference to them I guess.
Mine was a bear to get the cg. right.
Oct 26, 2020, 03:57 PM
I happened to be watching a video by dragon link, an older video and he was flying a yellow plane. A hawk seemed to take interest in it but then left it alone. I wonder if itís the color that attracts them or they dislike certain colors.

What color was/is your z84?

Quote:
Originally Posted by alicecooper
Oct 26, 2020, 03:58 PM
The c1? Why do you think that was the case?

I like my z84 just was wondering if I should get another or try the c1 with more space under the hood.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill0
Mine was a bear to get the cg. right.
Oct 26, 2020, 08:37 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shaheed40
The c1? Why do you think that was the case?

I like my z84 just was wondering if I should get another or try the c1 with more space under the hood.
Donít know why, but with just rx and esc with a 2200 3 cell it was extremely tail heavy.. it might come around with camer on it, but it will have to be a heavy camera.
Oct 27, 2020, 12:25 AM
to choose which one is the best from the ZETA family
which is
Z-84 C1 & FX-61

those models are all great to fly, so back to us to choose which one is suitable for us

(perhaps this is for me only)
compact are not related with this 3 models, all are easy to carry, because i made two of them detachable (fx is already detachable) i can barelly carry 3 of them with my bike easy, i have 3 kinds a different size of my bag from small to large

*i agree with AC about how easy (not only for C1 actually) they easy to scratch, that's why i laminate the entire wing & body from all of them, for the Z it add a weight 28gr's that including fibertape for under the belly to holding when landed on the rought ground, yes it is give more weight but on otherside it give my all ZETA keep shinny so i think it's worth

reason i like my Z
+ can fly fast when sometimes i want doing LOS flight
+ small & light are the safetiest for doing some LR flight, as you all can see i live in dense area, small & light are the best choice to choose if i had to make some route to it

but why have to choose, just grab three of them
Oct 27, 2020, 05:51 PM
Very informative and like you I also have laminated my z84. I decided to laminate it because while building it I pushed a little too hard and I accidentally had a slight dent in the foam on the wing. I would think the C1 would have same foam.

I really like your breakdown and carry bag. How did you make the Z84 with detachable wings? What secures it during fligh?

Youíre not helping my wallet at all haha I canít get all three, I think I will pickup another z84 and a c1 at some point. Iíll have to wait though as things are tight at the moment. Donít see the buffalo in my future, itís way too big.

So far Iím really enjoying the z84 and itís flight characteristics.

Quote:
to choose which one is the best from the ZETA family
which is
Z-84 C1 & FX-61

those models are all great to fly, so back to us to choose which one is suitable for us

(perhaps this is for me only)
compact are not related with this 3 models, all are easy to carry, because i made two of them detachable (fx is already detachable) i can barelly carry 3 of them with my bike easy, i have 3 kinds a different size of my bag from small to large

*i agree with AC about how easy (not only for C1 actually) they easy to scratch, that's why i laminate the entire wing & body from all of them, for the Z it add a weight 28gr's that including fibertape for under the belly to holding when landed on the rought ground, yes it is give more weight but on otherside it give my all ZETA keep shinny so i think it's worth

reason i like my Z
+ can fly fast when sometimes i want doing LOS flight
+ small & light are the safetiest for doing some LR flight, as you all can see i live in dense area, small & light are the best choice to choose if i had to make some route to it

but why have to choose, just grab three of them

Quick Reply