This thread is privately moderated by gr8018a, who may elect to delete unwanted replies.
Aug 22, 2016, 05:07 PM
Trader Rating: 2
George 53
Thread OP
$350.00 USD
Will not ship
Sold

1/5 scale Pica spitfire

FOR SALE
1/6 scale Pica Supermarine Spitfire. 65" Wingspan

Complete built kit with Radio, engine, receiver and installed servos. This is being sold with everything included. I will not spit up the Purchase.

Overview:

This Spitfire is almost complete. Was built in the late 1990's , has Robart electric retracts installed, as well as a Fox Eagle III R/C 60 engine.
Fox engine was sent into Fox manufacturing for a complete disassemble and rebuild in January 2005.. Was run for 15 minutes after receiving it back and engine ran flawlessly. Has not been run since 2005.
The workmanship on this Spitfire is excellent with superb fit and finish. There are no misalignment on edges or mis-matching seam lines. The quality is excellent. The airplane represents countless hours of work.

Kit includes:

-Original plans and Box

-Fox Eagle III engine rebuilt by Fox manufacturing in Jan 2005. have rebuilding sheet from Fox.

-Futaba AM Conquest FP6NLK 6 channel AM radio with aileron and elevator adjustments. Includes receiver, servos, battery charger and original instruction sheet. Needs new battery but was working well the last time the battery was operational. Channel 48. all servos are installed in aircraft.

-Wheels and tires (2 sets)

-Steerable tail-wheel (installed)

-Bob Dively Model Aircraft interior set for 1/5 scale Spitfire. Includes handsome control panel, with printed gauge dial faces, Side walls, Seat, Head rest, and other cockpit interior Items. Was made to fit Pica Spitfires.

-Robart scale Strut covers. #105

-Dupro 2-56 push pull control kit for rudder #517

-Robart steel pin hinges for Ailerons and elevator. #308

-White nose cone for propeller.

-Assortment of propeller. Various pitches.

Kit has all the remaining parts to complete the Spitfire including lower Radiator scoops, Wing cannons, Insignia Vinyl decals, Exhaust stacks, lower Fuselage Vac-U-Formed styrene plastic.

Most of the tedious work is done. I would estimate a good builder could have this aircraft done in a month and a half. It needs Final fiber-glassing and sanding of fuselage, Final setting of electric retracts, final fit up of detail parts such as radiator scoops, exhaust stacks and final painting and application of Vinyl decals.

Please look at all enclosed Photographs and ask questions if you feel something is missing.

Due to all the large pieces this Pica Spitfire is for local pickup only. I really don't have the time to package and ship it. I would be wiling to travel 1 hour in radius to meet a Buyer.
Last edited by gr8018a; Aug 23, 2016 at 08:51 AM. Reason: incorrect scale
to remove ads between posts
Aug 22, 2016, 05:31 PM
Trader Rating: 355
this is not the 1/5 size spitfire the 1/5 has a span of 88 inches this one is 65
Aug 22, 2016, 08:21 PM
Trader Rating: 2
George 53
Thread OP
You are correct. this is the 1/6th scale version 65" wingspan. My error.

Quick Reply