SAB HeliDivision Goblin Comet

The Goblin Comet is the "Fly Different" type of helicopter...

Splash

SAB is opening doors to a new part of their factory with a sleek design for you speed freaks out there.

It looks like SAB has a new toy for us to spend our "hobby Funds" on. When you have it all, it's time to make one fast as heck helicopter. How fast? Comet fast.

The new Comet has some obvious features different from what we've seen in the traditional SAB Goblin line. SAB has designed a very slim line helicopter with a place for everything you need. They have a unique battery tray and electronics placement. The Comet is the newest release from the popular company and it will be up for sale in the very near future. I'm looking forward to seeing this beast in person, zipping by over 100mph!! What fun it will be.

For more information when its released click here.

Sep 12, 2016, 06:31 AM
Suspended Account
Definitely adding one of these to my collection...
Sep 12, 2016, 10:15 AM
Grumpy old git.. Who me?
That would be the un-built kit collection I assume?

It's certainly a radically different design. The idea seems to be to arrange all the components in line front to back rather than the more traditional layout on large helis of stacking the drivetrain above the batteries.. all to make for less frontal area I assume. Downside is that the mass is more 'spread out' rather than being centralised near the main shaft (not an issue for a dedicated speed heli I guess)
Last edited by Smoggie; Sep 12, 2016 at 10:24 AM.
Sep 12, 2016, 10:49 AM
Suspended Account
In this video they explain why the motor was moved to the back. It seems they wanted a "low profile" canopy. The layout is similar to the TDR 2...rear motor wit battery in front.

Goblin Comet IRCHA 2016 (2 min 15 sec)
Last edited by TheKingPhisher; Sep 12, 2016 at 10:58 AM.

Quick Reply