Aug 22, 2016, 02:19 PM
AA6JB
Thread OP
New Product

New Blade 200 S Fixed Pitch FBL Announced in September Model Aviation Magazine

Nothing showing up though yet on Blade's web domain or on the HH site ...

Advertised improvements over the 200 SRX:
  • Larger, more powerful brushless main and tail motors
  • Improved durability, owing to use of more rigid materials
  • Metal gear cyclic servos
  • Upgraded blade design
  • New canopy and graphics
  • Improved tail boom durability
  • Powerful brushless 25 amp ESC
to remove ads between posts
Aug 22, 2016, 02:46 PM
Let's Go Mets!
Good on them for continuing the FP range. So it's a slightly smaller 230 then..?
Aug 24, 2016, 03:07 AM
Fly Runaway Fans
I thought I was retired. You're giving me ideas.
Aug 24, 2016, 05:28 AM
Let's Go Mets!
The metal servos were a no brainer. I'm sure the sales would've been poor amongst buyers with previous knowledge of the 200 otherwise.

I'll wait for the reviews but if they improve all round durability and address the weak frame I could be tempted.

I have a soft spot for the 200 as it was my first 'proper' heli.
Aug 24, 2016, 11:27 AM
Today is a good day to fly
A 200 SFX might entice me, however with 3 200SRX's and way too many spare parts, think I'll just stay with them as my back up fleet.
Aug 24, 2016, 09:05 PM
once you can fly CP, why go to FP? Curious, but respectful.....
Aug 24, 2016, 09:47 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChespiIker
once you can fly CP, why go to FP? Curious, but respectful.....
Exactly my thought Chespilker. Instead of introducing this fp heli they should have came out with an improved 130s version.
Aug 25, 2016, 02:58 AM
120sr/200srx/230s/300cfx/200qx
This was needed, with the metal gear servos and improved tail defects of the 200srx even weak tail esc....

But what we need is a real 300s size!

Bring a big boy for the majority of us that won't do 3D and want throttle at botton, not at middle
Oct 11, 2016, 12:08 AM
gee this thread has slowed up

anyone know when these are due? our Aussie site doesn't have a date!

was put of the original when i watched a brand new one doing the chicken dance all over the floor But as has been said if the problems are fixed i might indulge in this one

Chuck
Oct 11, 2016, 11:07 AM
120sr/200srx/230s/300cfx/200qx
lol...i was banned on the helifreak forum for saying that my new 200srx out of the box did the chicken dance a few years later...

Nice to see a "youtube" legend...saying the same... still today they do the same!

Blade! lol

Fixed it later with mini deans and a glicth buster cap... and later with a second 16A esc. Flying it till today with no chicken dances anymore!

Also knowing if those new metal servos are a drop in the 200srx will also be a home run for Blade... hope they tought that...or they only think now is FPV quads? lol
Oct 26, 2016, 02:17 PM

Fixed pitch or collective pitch

I prefer fixed pitch heli's over collective pitch because when I have a “hard touch down” it doesn’t blow up into many broken parts. My Trex 250 CP fell off the kitchen table and broke $20 USD in parts and took an hour to repair, that's an hour I don't get to fly.

Fixed pitch fits my piloting style better then CP, “Yankin' and bankin'.” Collective pitch fly’s better but fixed pitch is more fun, less exhausting. I have both CP and FP but hardly ever fly my CP because it's just not fun for me.
Dec 04, 2016, 10:12 PM
How does she fly? Trying to find some first person reviews.
Dec 05, 2016, 07:00 AM
Let's Go Mets!
Quote:
Originally Posted by c4carpetcare
How does she fly? Trying to find some first person reviews.
+1 interested.
Dec 07, 2016, 08:28 AM
AA6JB
Thread OP
Fingers crossed that I have one inbound ...
Jan 05, 2017, 11:27 PM
I sold my 2 blade 200 srx's and a dx6i, and picked up a 3rd gen dx6 and blade 200s. I hovered it in my yard no problem with significantly better punch when I added a little throttle.
Flying it tomorrow. Just looking at it... it looks good. Sturdier, bigger motors. Simply feels well improved over the 200srx.
I have a good feeling I purchased the right heli. I enjoyed my 2 srx's for almost 3 years. I was a big fan aside from the P.O.D.'s randomly... I just took that as part of the hobby. Hence why I had 2, so I wouldn't be too frustrated if one crashed lol. This looks just as easy on repairs, and I'm hoping to only need 1. ��

Quick Reply