Aug 22, 2016, 10:50 AM
Lee
Lee
PERFECT LANDING !!!
Discussion

***Vertigo and Rebel 40" FPV Racers***

The CTH Vertigo and Rebel class 40" FPV Racers are designed to be the toughest FPV Planes on the Planet. We designed these racers not only make the gate but knock the gate down and keep on flying. They cut from incredibly tough EPP foam to protect your radio and FPV gear and give the plane a long life. EPP wings are a great way to fly FPV. With an EPP wing you don't have all the expense, repairs and maintenance that come with quadcopters. When you are flying a plane you are only flying with one motor and one prop and your FPV gear is buried in EPP shock absorbing padding to protect it.

EPP 40" Rebel series with three symmetrical airfoil choices.
EPP elevons, designed to go fast and for FPV.

We designed the Rebels for the flyers who want a symmetrical airfoil to go faster but have learned the Rebels also can still fly slow. Why do we have have three fully symmetrical airfoil Rebel variations available? We had three great high performance symmetrical airfoils we were testing that were all doing so well we decided to manufacture and kit all three. We have a Rebel with a S-12% symmetrical airfoil for FPV racing. We also have symmetrical S-14% that is thick enough for increased strength and more batteries but still thin enough for high speed.. We have the Rebel S-16% that is as thick as the Assassin and built like an Assassin making it another one of the toughest planes on the planet sold by Crashtesthobby. You need to try one of the Rebels and see how fun flying can be. http://www.crashtesthobby.com/rebel-40.html

EPP Vertigo 40" FPV Racer with EPP elevons
If you wanted the best tracking 40" class FPV racer you found it.

Designed to be the best 40" class FPV Racer but it also one of the most enjoyable aerobatic sport planes you can find even if you don't fly FPV. It has a thick wing and more sweep and bigger fins making it extrememly stable. It is build using the same building techniques as the Assassin so it is extremely tough and ready for fun. It has a wide speed range and looks great in the sky. It tracks better than blunt nose wings or wings with an extension and it is easier to build with fewer parts. It is extremely durable and designed to protect your battery and radio and FPV gear. UV protecting laminate is included in this kit to save you even more money. Look at the videos on the Vertigo website and you can see why it is so well liked by those who have flown it. http://www.crashtesthobby.com/vertigo-40-fpv-racer.html

We have been designing and cutting flying wings for 31 years and this is one of the most enjoyable high performance designs you can buy. We asked Michael to help us evaluate the new Vertigo 40" FPV Racer after we saw his incredible flying skill in the videos below. With his input and expertise we have a great design with a wide speed envelope and great performance and stability.

​The CG is back at 7.25".

The Vertigo flies well at 1/3 throttle with a 3530-1700KV motor and accelerate straight up and fly at 80 mph on a 3S battery! The Vertigo 40" FPV Racer airfoil was chosen because it creates a great deal of lift for its size so it can carry the racing FPV gear. It also has a wide speed range from ballistically fast to stable and slow. We designed the plane so it can be built light so that it will be able to slow down for tight turns without snap rolling or tip stalling.

We have designed the Vertigo so it is easy to build with one easy to install flat carbon spar. The Vertigo has larger fins for better tracking for live video down links. It comes with a shock cord, 15 feet of laminate, hardware and indestructible EPP elevons. You will love this plane!!!

When built light with a flying weight (AUW) of around 24-28 oz it will go straight up with a 3530-1700KV motor and a 2600 mA 3S battery. It has a flight speed of about 15-80 mph with the recommended motor. It will fly 100+ mph with a 4S set up and the same motor. It is designed to fly with a large prop and lower RPM to make it quieter and neighbor friendly.

If you want to race in the 27" class take a look at our Scythe. We have been flying the Scythe in FPV, AP and combat for over 7 years. It is a great flying small plane at the great price of two kits in one box for $50.

See the thread on RCG here: https://www.rcgroups.com/forums/show....php?t=1204561

Here is a link to our website: http://www.crashtesthobby.com/scythe-26.html

We intentionally design our planes to fly with inexpensive motors, speed controls and low cost metal gear servos to help you get more out of your hobby budget. We always look for the best design for carrying and protecting your FPV gear.

Buy 5 Vertigo kits and we will give you a 6th one for free!!! Clear UV shielded laminate is included in every kit to save you even more money.

Tunnel of Doom (2 min 44 sec)

CTH Vertigo Wing Racing and Aerobatics (3 min 9 sec)

Running FPV Wing Gates Inverted (3 min 31 sec)

Racing a CTH Assassin Wing (3 min 8 sec)
Last edited by Lee; Apr 02, 2018 at 01:39 PM.
to remove ads between posts
Aug 22, 2016, 10:55 AM
Lee
Lee
PERFECT LANDING !!!
If you see posts from Guaglione87 you are hearing from the man himself that flew the gates inverted in the videos.

Good Job Michael!!!!
Last edited by Lee; Aug 22, 2016 at 11:41 PM.
Aug 22, 2016, 10:56 AM
Lee
Lee
PERFECT LANDING !!!
Videos of the 3 Rebels

They are great flyers and very aerobatic.

Rebel S 12% M (6 min 49 sec)

Rebel S 14% M (6 min 11 sec)

Rebel S 16% M (5 min 18 sec)
Last edited by Lee; Jul 23, 2018 at 05:28 PM.
Aug 22, 2016, 02:13 PM
Closet 'Air Supply' Fan!
Nice. I wonder if they should have a minimum gate size for fixed wing since you have a wider peg to put through the hole. Did you hit any of the gates?
Aug 22, 2016, 04:12 PM
Chi va piano, va lontano
Quote:
Originally Posted by rscarawa
Nice. I wonder if they should have a minimum gate size for fixed wing since you have a wider peg to put through the hole. Did you hit any of the gates?
Depending on how much of a challenge you or your club is up for, gate size will vary. I like 10x10 ft as it is a good challenge and is reasonable to go through while going relatively fast. A few wings can get through it at the same time as well. Some prefer something like 25 ft by 25ft. That is starting to get too easy in my opinion.

I do hit the gates sometimes, and more often than not I can keep on flying. CTH wings are so strong that I really doubt hitting the gates will ever damage the wing. PVC and tent pole flexes so the collision is not too serious.

It is mostly getting past the fear of committing to a small gap, past that, its all fun
Aug 23, 2016, 07:11 PM
Unregistered User
Posting out of pure enthusiasm. I've loved every CTH plane I've flown; I can't wait to get my hands on one of these wings!

Questions:

1.) for those of us w/o 3D printers, any suggestions on mounting the camera? I've tried a number of things, all unsatisfactory for one reason or another, still looking for something simple yet bombproof.

2.) why not use 2 formica plates, top and bottom, like the reaper?
Aug 24, 2016, 11:29 AM
Lee
Lee
PERFECT LANDING !!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by tabeguache
Posting out of pure enthusiasm. I've loved every CTH plane I've flown; I can't wait to get my hands on one of these wings!

Questions:

1.) for those of us w/o 3D printers, any suggestions on mounting the camera? I've tried a number of things, all unsatisfactory for one reason or another, still looking for something simple yet bombproof.

2.) why not use 2 formica plates, top and bottom, like the reaper?
The EPP foam thick wing is your friend. It is both structure and padding around your camera. Bury your camera if possible and let the EPP foam do its magic.

We can easily add the second Formica plate. Good idea.... Keep it light however.
Aug 24, 2016, 11:35 AM
Chi va piano, va lontano
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lee
The EPP foam thick wing is your friend. It is both structure and padding around your camera. Bury your camera if possible and let the EPP foam do its magic.

We can easily add the second Formica plate. Good idea.... Keep it light however.
I used a second Formica plate, trimmed to the shape of the nose to provide extra rigidity around where I mounted my camera brace. It slots in and slides in with some hot glue. Seems to work great. You just need to be careful to plan around the shock chord.

You could use the little u bracket they include with the cam to screw it into to Formica plate.
Aug 24, 2016, 03:31 PM
FPV Lawnmower
Quote:
Originally Posted by guaglione87
I used a second Formica plate, trimmed to the shape of the nose to provide extra rigidity around where I mounted my camera brace. It slots in and slides in with some hot glue...
nice technique!

is all that fomica and 3D printed bracing requied - generally I just glued the cam into a foam slot - whats the advantage of the brace?

where is your VTX antenna hiding?
Aug 24, 2016, 04:17 PM
Chi va piano, va lontano
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fluxone
nice technique!

is all that fomica and 3D printed bracing requied - generally I just glued the cam into a foam slot - whats the advantage of the brace?

where is your VTX antenna hiding?
Not sure the formica plate is necessary, but the weight added was minimal and it makes me feel better

The nose can tend to get a bit soft after many crashes, so I am hoping this may resolve that to some extent and diffuse the force a bit.

The 3D print does protect the lens from a frontal impact, so that gives me piece of mind. The side plates of the print extend a couple mm beyond the lens surface.

All that being said, it may be overkill, but was pretty minimal in terms of time to implement and weight.

The vtx is buried at the wingtip on the left. The 3rd picture on the first post shows the antenna. It is a 3g 25mw pico vtx on 1258 , so I have no real worries about overheating or throwing the balance off.
Aug 24, 2016, 04:41 PM
Guaglione do you have the STL file for your camera protection. Or even better have you considered selling them?

Just placed my order for the vertigo a few minutes ago
Aug 24, 2016, 06:50 PM
Chi va piano, va lontano
Quote:
Originally Posted by photohap
Guaglione do you have the STL file for your camera protection. Or even better have you considered selling them?

Just placed my order for the vertigo a few minutes ago
You can get the stl at: http://www.thingiverse.com/thing:1013387

that works great for the 2.8 lens, but the 2.1 sticks out a little more, so i modified it to extend out a bit more so it can do its job at protecting the lens. Ill have to get that later. Custom file i made.
Aug 24, 2016, 09:37 PM
Closet 'Air Supply' Fan!
What is the difference of the sweep between the Pinata/Assassin and the Vertigo? I ask since I am wondering how much further back my fins might need to be to get the same yaw dampening.
Aug 24, 2016, 11:15 PM
Chi va piano, va lontano
Quote:
What is the difference of the sweep between the Pinata/Assassin and the Vertigo? I ask since I am wondering how much further back my fins might need to be to get the same yaw dampening.
I dont have an exact measurement, but this picture illustrates the extra sweep nicely - assassin next to a vertigo
Aug 25, 2016, 12:25 AM
Lee
Lee
PERFECT LANDING !!!
Another trick is to toe in the fins and enlarge the fins. Along with the sweep the larger fins toed in will add a lot of stability.
Aug 25, 2016, 08:40 AM
Lead On, O King
@Lee
@guaglione87

When you are developing a new prototype, do you build the plane out and then test fly it with the battery taped on top of the wing to put the CG where the calculator says 23% wing area? Then fine tune the CG according to performance and finally cut your battery slot?

Or do you cut your battery slot and then fine tune CG with a little added weight fore or aft?
Aug 25, 2016, 11:17 AM
Lee
Lee
PERFECT LANDING !!!
I calculate the CG mathematically based on 23% of the total wing area including elevons back from the nose of the plane then start testing from there.

Before I cut the battery hole I will put the battery on the plane and balance it out.

Occasionally I have been known to fly with a battery taped to the top of a plane but I have lost a couple of batteries in a prop so I hesitate to do this.
Aug 25, 2016, 08:39 PM
Closet 'Air Supply' Fan!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lee
Another trick is to toe in the fins and enlarge the fins. Along with the sweep the larger fins toed in will add a lot of stability.
I have material to make them larger or even have them hang off the back of the wing more. My fins are at the default toe angle. HOw much more toe would I need?
Aug 25, 2016, 08:48 PM
Chi va piano, va lontano
Quote:
I have material to make them larger or even have them hang off the back of the wing more. My fins are at the default toe angle. HOw much more toe would I need?
I am running with the default toe angle, and the larger sized fins, and see no reason to toe them in anymore. Everything is super stable on the vertigo as is.

Cant wait to see others feedback on this!
Aug 27, 2016, 04:17 PM
Lee
Lee
PERFECT LANDING !!!
We have shipped our our first two packs of Vertigos. It costs the same amount to ship two as one both domestic and foreign. You need two so you can race your buddy anyway. May as well save on shipping.

They are listed as an option on the Vertigo web page. http://www.crashtesthobby.com/vertigo-40-fpv-racer.html

We are sending extra round spars until we know what people want.

Lee
Aug 27, 2016, 08:58 PM
Mine got shipped today.. Can't wait to get it built for next weekend..
Aug 28, 2016, 05:41 PM
Phillip
Really liking the Vertigo Wing! Takes right off from your hand, handles great and can take some punishment. As you can see in the video I smacked a tree pretty hard! the only thing that broke was the Formica plate. It'll be an easy fix - I only used one when I did the build. I'm going to go back and use the second one, on top, to sandwich the foam then use nuts and bolts instead of wood screws. I think if I would not have modified (made smaller) the motor mount it probably would of fared better.
My setup :
Motor - Cobra 2217/8 2300kv
ESC - Hobbyking 60amp Blue Series
Prop - APC 6x4E
Battery - 1800mAh 4s with a Mobius OR 2200mAh 4s by itself.

Crash Test Hobby's Vertigo (3 min 17 sec)
Aug 28, 2016, 08:00 PM
Lee
Lee
PERFECT LANDING !!!
Great Video. I added it to Vertigo web site. http://www.crashtesthobby.com/vertigo-40-fpv-racer.html

I can see we got the stability controlled. I cannot see any yaw which is the rocking back and forth from side to side. This is because of the sweep and the fin design.

Yaw is aerodynamic instability which is different from the roll which is controlled by the pilot. If you find your roll is hard to control or a little jerky try flying with two fingers on the right stick and pinch the stick to make you more aware of where the stick is.

Help me with how you built your plane. How did you install your motor and spars and what can we do better? I linked you to the Pinata build videos on the website to give you ideas of how to install the spars. Is this how you installed the spars?

Thanks

Lee
Aug 29, 2016, 02:14 PM
Phillip
Thanks Lee!
Instructions?!?! - I’m your typical male; I don’t look at instructions unless I have parts leftover. lol

But all kidding aside, I installed a spar in each wing 1-1/4 inches from the leading edge to give each wing section strength then I installed one spar 7 inches down from the nose and across both wing sections to give the entire wing some rigidity. I only installed the spars on the bottom side of the wing. It really held up well after hitting that tree trunk!!!

I only used one of the Formica plates and used wood screws to attach the motor mount. It did break in the wreck but that was of my own doing. I cut the motor mount down to save on weight (rear). Then I made my pilot holes in the Formica too large so had to drill new holes in the motor mount and re-drill 3 more pilot holes weakening the Formica. Had I not had to re-drill or if I used the other plate on top I think it would have held-up.

The only thing I shied away from using in the kit was the Coroplast winglets. Since this wing is going to be primarily used for racing I felt they would have created too much drag for my liking. I had some smaller and more efficient winglets on-hand and installed those instead. The wing itself has a lot of tow-in making for a nice flight with very little to no tail wag, even at slow speeds.

Overall I am VERY happy with the Vertigo and wouldn’t change a thing. I can see another one in my near future! Great Job on the design, Lee and Michael!

These pictures are from after the crash...looks pretty good
Aug 29, 2016, 02:39 PM
Lee
Lee
PERFECT LANDING !!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by mpvessier
Thanks Lee!
Instructions?!?! - Iím your typical male; I donít look at instructions unless I have parts leftover. lol

But all kidding aside, I installed a spar in each wing 1-1/4 inches from the leading edge to give each wing section strength then I installed one spar 7 inches down from the nose and across both wing sections to give the entire wing some rigidity. I only installed the spars on the bottom side of the wing. It really held up well after hitting that tree trunk!!!

I only used one of the Formica plates and used wood screws to attach the motor mount. It did break in the wreck but that was of my own doing. I cut the motor mount down to save on weight (rear). Then I made my pilot holes in the Formica too large so had to drill new holes in the motor mount and re-drill 3 more pilot holes weakening the Formica. Had I not had to re-drill or if I used the other plate on top I think it would have held-up.

The only thing I shied away from using in the kit was the Coroplast winglets. Since this wing is going to be primarily used for racing I felt they would have created too much drag for my liking. I had some smaller and more efficient winglets on-hand and installed those instead. The wing itself has a lot of tow-in making for a nice flight with very little to no tail wag, even at slow speeds.

Overall I am VERY happy with the Vertigo and wouldnít change a thing. I can see another one in my near future! Great Job on the design, Lee and Michael!

These pictures are from after the crash...looks pretty good
It is always a challenge to find the best way to put spars in a plane with this much sweep. We are sending extra spars with the kits so as you build you Vertigos please post a picture or two of your spar installation.

I like the sound of the coroplast fins in the air. Just got back from flying and we commented on the soft jet like noise the plane was making in a glide.
Aug 29, 2016, 03:11 PM
Lee
Lee
PERFECT LANDING !!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by guaglione87
Depending on how much of a challenge you or your club is up for, gate size will vary. I like 10x10 ft as it is a good challenge and is reasonable to go through while going relatively fast. A few wings can get through it at the same time as well. Some prefer something like 25 ft by 25ft. That is starting to get too easy in my opinion.

I do hit the gates sometimes, and more often than not I can keep on flying. CTH wings are so strong that I really doubt hitting the gates will ever damage the wing. PVC and tent pole flexes so the collision is not too serious.

It is mostly getting past the fear of committing to a small gap, past that, its all fun
As far as gates go the gates at 3:30 on this video are 25' x 10'

58 planes in a sWARm (6 min 10 sec)
Aug 29, 2016, 04:39 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lee
As far as gates go the gates at 3:30 on this video are 25' x 10'
That looks hard to do line of sight. FPV is a different animal though. Without wind you can point and shoot small stuff. The difficulty of small gaps goes up exponentially with wind speed. 10x10 would be fun since you can still get in there when the winds pick up and still small enough that it would keep people together for good racing. I'm ready for the CTH spec track layouts
Aug 29, 2016, 08:20 PM
Chi va piano, va lontano
Quote:
Originally Posted by mpvessier
Thanks Lee!
... I only installed the spars on the bottom side of the wing. It really held up well after hitting that tree trunk!!!

...These pictures are from after the crash...looks pretty good
Phillip and I fly together, so I was there, and I can attest - it was one loud THUD! straight into the tree It was quite an impact and it took it like a champ, no surprise.

I made a quick edit from this new spot we flew at. Still many new lines to learn over there.

Also, as much as I love my assassin, I have to say this is a real improvement in stability. Yall be sure to post video when you have them flying!

PS - the Vertigo starts flying at 2:09 into the video:

Armadillo with Vertigo FPV (4 min 0 sec)
Aug 29, 2016, 09:20 PM
Lee
Lee
PERFECT LANDING !!!
If you will re-edit the video and have just the Vertigo portion I will add it to the web site. It isn't clear in the video where the Vertigo is flying.

We don't see much yaw on the Assassin until we are watching from a FPV camera. On all my FPV planes I go for bigger fins to get rid of the yaw. Put bigger fins on the Assassin and it will tame the yaw or even eliminate it all together.
Aug 29, 2016, 10:27 PM
Chi va piano, va lontano
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lee
If you will re-edit the video and have just the Vertigo portion I will add it to the web site. It isn't clear in the video where the Vertigo is flying.

We don't see much yaw on the Assassin until we are watching from a FPV camera. On all my FPV planes I go for bigger fins to get rid of the yaw. Put bigger fins on the Assassin and it will tame the yaw or even eliminate it all together.
Let me go back next week with an HD cam and get some better footage - it usually takes a few times to really get comfortable with a spot and have the most fun out there

Cruising around like I did in that video at half throttle gets me around 10 minutes flight time with the 1800mah 4s by the way...
Aug 30, 2016, 03:21 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lee

Lee, could you post a simple sketch of the the bigger fin suitable for the Assassin, that you would recommend .....
Aug 30, 2016, 06:29 AM
Lee
Lee
PERFECT LANDING !!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by hobie14
Lee, could you post a simple sketch of the the bigger fin suitable for the Assassin, that you would recommend .....
I fly the Assassins a lot with and without fins. The stock fins work for what I like to do. We like the shorter fins because of durability and storage.

To stabilize any yaw fist make sure your CG is not too far back. You can make the fins any size you want but increasing the fin size will add more stability by increasing drag at the tips of the wings.

There isn't really a magic shape but if you take the fin that comes with the plane and double it by tracing it then flip it over and matching the bottom edge only and tracing it again so you double the area and have a symmetrical fin. Mount the fin in the center with fin both above and below the wing.
Aug 30, 2016, 09:50 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lee
I fly the Assassins a lot with and without fins. The stock fins work for what I like to do. We like the shorter fins because of durability and storage.

To stabilize any yaw fist make sure your CG is not too far back. You can make the fins any size you want but increasing the fin size will add more stability by increasing drag at the tips of the wings.

There isn't really a magic shape but if you take the fin that comes with the plane and double it by tracing it then flip it over and matching the bottom edge only and tracing it again so you double the area and have a symmetrical fin. Mount the fin in the center with fin both above and below the wing.
Many thanks
Aug 30, 2016, 10:35 AM
Closet 'Air Supply' Fan!
Are you looking to support an FPV cam as well as a recording device? I think the Chimera does this and you have to buy the module that fits your secondary camera. One module for FPV cam plus Go Pro or another module for FPV cam plus Mobius.
Aug 30, 2016, 11:12 AM
Chi va piano, va lontano
Quote:
Are you looking to support an FPV cam as well as a recording device? I think the Chimera does this and you have to buy the module that fits your secondary camera. One module for FPV cam plus Go Pro or another module for FPV cam plus Mobius.
Regarding an fpv camera - the hs1177 or similarly sized (26x26) is the standard. Try finding a new quad that supports anything else (save micro quads). They are economically priced, superior to cmos cams, support a wide input voltage, light, aerodynamic, easily sourced - the list goes on. Just a great quality to price to weight ratio.

Something is in the works to get a standard cam mount for this. The brace definitely saved me a couple cams and lenses on my assassin and I think we are improving on that design even more.

Not sure about the best way to affix HD yet... Phillip just used a simple strap with the cam back from the leading edge a bit. Seemed to work.
Aug 30, 2016, 12:24 PM
Closet 'Air Supply' Fan!
I have that hs1177m on a 155 hex and it is awesome. Cannot beat the clarity for the size.
Aug 30, 2016, 01:28 PM
Unregistered User
I'll sing the praises of the HS1177, too. It's a very solid performer.

Another camera worth looking at is the runcam owl. First off, it's tiny, making it very easy to protect and mount. But the real advantage is that you can FPV in the dark. I don't have a DVR or I'd show off some sample video, but it does actually allow you to fly at night (sort of).

Having said that, let me clarify. You can't fly proximity on a moonless night, it's not that good. What can you do? You can fly proximity at a park at night as long as there's some minimal streetlights. You can cruise around at altitude during a full moon, especially if the ground has high albedo (snow). You can extend your normal flight hours pretty much as long as the sky has any minimal glow remaining.

Of course you can also fly during the day just fine. You pay for the camera's sensitivity with a picture that isn't quite as good as a dedicated daylight cam, and it also swaps from color to B&W at much higher levels of light (even on particularly dark cloudy days). Still, I think it's just fine for FPV, which is never that gorgeous anyway.

The novelty of being able to fly at night is surprisingly fun, and in the winter, flying after sunset during the gloaming is basically my only option for FPV on a workday. Also, night FPV is just really exciting, even just gently puttering around up high. The challenges are very different from daytime. Navigation becomes a big deal, and all the technical issues become much more important, because your margin of error and ability to recover is almost zero.

Night FPV is worth a try, and even if you hate it, the owl is still a great camera.
Aug 30, 2016, 05:15 PM
Closet 'Air Supply' Fan!
I will check that out. Thx
Aug 30, 2016, 11:02 PM
Lee
Lee
PERFECT LANDING !!!
The camera mounts you see in pictures are all custom made by the builders. We don't have a specific mount.

The flyer who built the Vertigo in the picture 3D printed it at his house. it isn't a an available product.

I heard that one customer says he usually just cuts out the foam in the front of the flying wing to get the FPV camera to sit the way he wants it then wraps the camera in a zip log bag and presses it into some GOOP glue that he put into the cut out and lets it set.

After the glue is set he pulls out the camera and cuts away the extra Goop glue and the extra plastic bag. What is left is a perfect fit for the camera that is flexible and more durable than a build up camera mount.

The Goop makes a perfect strong mount for his camera. This is fast and easy to do. Just don't get Goop on the camera lens.

Last edited by Lee; Aug 31, 2016 at 06:24 AM.
Aug 31, 2016, 02:55 PM
Received my kit today. The motor I am going to be running is Cobra 2213/2000 on 4S, I used this on my assasin with FPV gear and it was a rocket.

Will try to do a detailed build writeup, notice the word try lol.

Really like that goop idea for the camera Lee. I will be running the HS1177 camera and a Hawkeye VTX with Raceband.

Not going to use the bay idea I had on my pinata, but going to keep it more like the assasin. For the sparring I will probably go with an I-beam style. I haven't decide on wether or not I will use a shock chord.

Quick Reply