ArmSoar Composite Gliders GO 2 DLG

Get the full DLG experience with a composite glider...

Splash

This is Your First DLG

For those new to discus launch gliders or DLG's for short, you might be tempted to start out with a small foamie glider just to see if it's something you like. Those are great, but you won't get the full experience of launching high and getting long flights consistently. What you really want is a full size composite hand launch glider. That usually means spending some serious dough, but ArmSoar Composites has a solution for that with the GO 2. It's an improved version of the original GO DLG which we featured last year.

The GO 2 was designed to help new DLG pilots jump in with an affordable, yet modern airframe. It's fully molded in CNC molds with XPS foam core in the wings and tail. The fuse is carbon fiber and you can choose your wing layup from standard fiberglass, strong fiberglass, light carbon, or strong carbon. The price ranges from $372 to $580 depending on the wing material selected. If you've only flown a small foamy DLG, your mind will be blown on your first launch, it's that big of a difference.

For more specs, suggested equipment and other info, visit the ArmSoar Composites GO 2 page here.

Aug 22, 2016, 01:32 PM
DLG is addictive.

Ever wish you had a trained falcon? A bird that would leave your hand, you could watch it soar till it returns to your hand again? DLG gives me that same feeling. To be able to hunt thermals from hand launch is truly unique. I have an old Blaster 2 and keep thinking about getting a newer ship. Not a contest guy. I just enjoy the hunt and the partnership of coaxing a long flight out of these aircraft and getting them back home to a hand catch.

Put that FPV gear down for a few minutes and enjoy another unique perspective on flight.
Aug 22, 2016, 03:06 PM
frank and beans....
Very well said, Ducati...

Nietzsche
Aug 23, 2016, 07:21 AM
How much for delivery to Australia approx
Aug 23, 2016, 08:13 AM
Thank you Jason! Your article is spot on. Our priorities are never price-point first, price-point is always second (or third) after it meets all the other goals of the project. My feeling is that an entry level DLG should have good performance, easy to fly, durable, good looks, and when we meet all those, we look into how to drive up the value as much as we can. This way, you get a much more rewarding experience dabbling into DLG, with a (significantly) higher chance of catching thermals and getting hooked. The GO 2 actually just got 3rd at our pretty competitive SCSA League, so it is no slouch in performance.

As the GO 2 is a 1-piece molded composite wing with a wingspan of 1.5 meters, we can only ship it with courier, with the exception of the US where we can also ship it with Asendia (works with USPS). The box can hold 1-5 models, and shipping cost is the same for 1-5 models due to volumetric calculations by the couriers, so while it's not bad alone, with the price to your door still cheaper than other options at this quality and performance level, it's even more enticing when you order with a friend.

Shipping to Australia is $1150 HKD (~$148 USD) via TNT Couriers, for 1-5 models.
Shipping to the US is $620 HKD (~$80 USD) via Asendia, for 1-5 models.

If you have any questions please leave a message, i'll check back often!

Thomas
Latest blog entry: Vibe Assembly Instructions
Aug 23, 2016, 07:35 PM
Thanks for the quick reply
Oct 31, 2016, 05:48 PM
We will have the Go 2 in stock in the USA very soon. Been waiting a while for them to come in.
Oct 31, 2016, 10:29 PM
Removed
Last edited by AlanRockey; Oct 31, 2016 at 10:35 PM.
Nov 21, 2016, 03:51 PM
One more flight...
del. (posted to more active thread)
Last edited by n00ber420; Nov 21, 2016 at 04:44 PM.
Nov 26, 2016, 06:31 AM

Is this the Armsoar beginner 1.5M DLG?

Hi,

Is this the Armsoar beginner 1.5M DLG?
Is there a lower priced 1.5M DLG for beginners as this seems very expensive compared to a Longshot 4, for example ?

I am still looking for a competitively priced 1.5M DLG for the beginner.

Many thanks.

Mal :-)
Nov 26, 2016, 09:23 AM
Wayne Wimbish
Mal,

I would submit to you that $375USD for a fully molded dlg is a fantastic bargain. You simply are not going to get a molded wing for the same price as a bagged wing like the Longshot. The economics are simply not there no matter the economy of scale.

You can have good or you can have cheap. You just can't have both. You get what you pay for.

Best regards,
Wayne
Nov 26, 2016, 09:57 AM
One more flight...
Quote:
Originally Posted by wdwimbish View Post
Mal,

I would submit to you that $375USD for a fully molded dlg is a fantastic bargain. You simply are not going to get a molded wing for the same price as a bagged wing like the Longshot. The economics are simply not there no matter the economy of scale.

You can have good or you can have cheap. You just can't have both. You get what you pay for.

Best regards,
Wayne
The price up front is attactive, shipping it to the USA makes it not worth while. Another attractive thing about this unit is the one piece wing, which is what in fact causes the shipping to go up as its considered a bulky item.
Nov 26, 2016, 10:20 AM
I don't want to "Switch Now"
Quote:
Originally Posted by n00ber420 View Post
The price up front is attactive, shipping it to the USA makes it not worth while. Another attractive thing about this unit is the one piece wing, which is what in fact causes the shipping to go up as its considered a bulky item.
In stock in the USA at Aloft:

https://alofthobbies.com/armsoar-go-2.html
Nov 26, 2016, 11:01 AM
One more flight...
Quote:
Originally Posted by pmackenzie View Post
In stock in the USA at Aloft:

https://alofthobbies.com/armsoar-go-2.html
Touché.
Nov 26, 2016, 11:19 AM

The Longshot 4 @ $254USD must be a Bargain :-)

Then the Longshot 4 @ $254USD must be a Bargain :-)

Thanks for the feedback :-)

That news made me "break down" for a moment but then I remembered my Longshot 4.

It was $254USD with free shipping :-)
So the Longshot 4 must be a bargain :-)

I also once got my hands on a Slingshot V5 @ $105USD + shipping.
http://shop-rc.causemann.de/Slingsho...ndlaunchglider

In both cases they well outclass the Fling DLG :-)

So there is a way to get a FULL 1.5M DLG at way under the $375USD I hear people say is a ground floor price.

I hope someone will pick up on this discussion and will provide another wider view as i have a feeling that many DLGs are over engineered.

There is hope for entry level products which could become a competition standard yet :-)

Thanks for the discussion and comments are welcome :-)

Mal :-)