XK A430 - has anyone got one yet? - RC Groups
Aug 21, 2016, 06:06 AM
Discussion

XK A430 - has anyone got one yet?

Hello All,
First post for me - I bought an XK A600 after reading lots of posts about it, and it's been great fun! It's a bit bashed about but I've learned a lot with it. I fully intend to keep going with it, but I'm also looking for something new to have fun with.

I've seen the XK A430 on line, and wondered if anyone has got one yet?
Here's a link to it:
http://www.gearbest.com/rc-airplanes...27.html?wid=10
to remove ads between posts
Dec 07, 2016, 10:44 PM
HiTEC XK EDGE A430 Modeling-Review モデリングレビュー (7 min 16 sec)
Dec 07, 2016, 10:46 PM
HiTEC XK EDGE A430 Flight-Review 飛行レビュー (6 min 18 sec)
Dec 07, 2016, 10:46 PM
I have not translated it yet. After a little more English translation will be displayed.
Thank you.
Dec 10, 2016, 01:49 AM
I translate Google because I can not speak English.
It was completed!
Dec 10, 2016, 11:13 AM
pull up -- PULL UP!!!
Thanks very much. That is a very useful review. The translation is crude and sometimes humorous, but it gets the job done. One comment is you disliked the excessive responsiveness but at the beginning of the review you were enhancing the responsiveness. Another comment...if the thrust seems unmanageable, maybe some experimentation with smaller props would be of benefit.

Mine shipped a few days ago, so may have it in a week or two. I previously had an XK DHC-2, so have something of an expectation of uncooperative gyro assistance.
Dec 11, 2016, 12:19 PM
Hello Ooyeh,

Loved you reviews. Don't be concerned with the translations. Everything is great...just as it is thank you.

Looks like really nice little plane. WL Toys does a wonderful job with these XK model planes. I hope they continue to develop new planes with great success.

I also have a couple of the DHC2 A600. I love it. A truly great plane, that is relatively unknown. So much better that the HH Sport Cub S.
Dec 17, 2016, 12:18 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vulcaneer
Hello Ooyeh,

Loved you reviews. Don't be concerned with the translations. Everything is great...just as it is thank you.

Looks like really nice little plane. WL Toys does a wonderful job with these XK model planes. I hope they continue to develop new planes with great success.

I also have a couple of the DHC2 A600. I love it. A truly great plane, that is relatively unknown. So much better that the HH Sport Cub S.
Hi, just curious why you say the Beaver is better than the Sports Cub? I have two Sports Cubs ( thought I lost the first one, someone found it and gave it to the cops, cops put a notice in the local paper, wife read it and I got the plane back after I had ordered another one.) I like XK products, I started with quads and helis and some of my best quads were XK and WL Toys. I'm thinking of picking up a A340 as well. Oh, I also have an A1200 on order which is supposed to be a great plane.
Dec 25, 2016, 02:30 PM
pull up -- PULL UP!!!
So it's Xmas day, and I opened mine. Good looking airplane. Hmmm, the manual is ALL Chinese. 95% is no doubt same-old, same-old. But I would like to know anything specific to gyro calibrations and the 3D/6G stuff.

I'll go back and find the old DHC-2 A600 threads. Probably a lot of similarity.

EDIT -- Did some bench testing. No way to reach the 30mm CG without adding some tail weight. The battery can only go back so far. I'll probably let it be a tad nose heavy. And I can't say I understand the control design. I'm familiar with SAFE where in Beginner Mode the plane reacts to all rotations with sustained counter-movement of the surfaces. And in expert, no such reaction, just momentary reaction to counter gusts.

This plane has sustained counter-movement in both flight modes. But not identical. I think the movements in 6G are more than in 3D. But the biggest difference appears to be in pitch where the elevator swings both ways in 3D (countering nose up and down) but only raises in 6G (@ nose down, obviously). Nose up and the elevator remains at neutral. Don't understand that. Now I'm not positive which mode is which since there's no indication on the display. For my above comments, I assumed the radio turns on in 6G, because that's how my A600 was.
Last edited by hard line; Dec 25, 2016 at 06:55 PM.
Jan 08, 2017, 05:00 PM
pull up -- PULL UP!!!
Still need an English manual or info from it if anyone has got one.

I'm not really experienced enough to fully review this plane, but I'll pass along some observations.

I previously had an XK DHC-2 and there seem to be a lot of functional similarities. The radio looks the same and has high/low rates switchable by pushing in the left stick. And a similar 6G/3D stability system switchable on the right stick. The left/right top shoulder buttons beep when pressed, but I don't know what if anything they do. Perhaps just a holdover from another aircraft or quad.

Unlike the DHC-2, this plane is fully assembled in the box and you only have to push in the front landing gear to fly. Pulling it back off allows the plane to be stored and transported in the box very easily. The battery sits under the cowl and on mine needs to push back as far as possible for CG. There's nothing to keep it there, so I used a tape-wad (really useful if you've never heard of them) to restrict battery motion and it also helps keep the wires out of way for closing the cowl lid.

The plane turns on in 6G. There's no way to detect which stability mode it's in, so knowing it's turn-on postion and keeping track is the best you can do. Once up in the air it's behavior will keep you informed as to mode. In 6G it flys like a 6-axis quad, responding to stick but then a flat self-level when the stick is released to neutral. I don't think experts or purists are going to like that mode, but it works for me. This plane is pretty small and pretty fast so it will be easy to get into trouble if your attention wanders. And I tipped it onto it's nose two of three landings, so I have some work to do there.

Good looking plane with somewhat odd flying characteristics, but I like it. Surprised it's gotten no attention.

Last edited by hard line; Jan 08, 2017 at 10:38 PM.
Jan 14, 2017, 02:39 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by hard line
Still need an English manual or info from it if anyone has got one.

I'm not really experienced enough to fully review this plane, but I'll pass along some observations.

I previously had an XK DHC-2 and there seem to be a lot of functional similarities. The radio looks the same and has high/low rates switchable by pushing in the left stick. And a similar 6G/3D stability system switchable on the right stick. The left/right top shoulder buttons beep when pressed, but I don't know what if anything they do. Perhaps just a holdover from another aircraft or quad.

Unlike the DHC-2, this plane is fully assembled in the box and you only have to push in the front landing gear to fly. Pulling it back off allows the plane to be stored and transported in the box very easily. The battery sits under the cowl and on mine needs to push back as far as possible for CG. There's nothing to keep it there, so I used a tape-wad (really useful if you've never heard of them) to restrict battery motion and it also helps keep the wires out of way for closing the cowl lid.

The plane turns on in 6G. There's no way to detect which stability mode it's in, so knowing it's turn-on postion and keeping track is the best you can do. Once up in the air it's behavior will keep you informed as to mode. In 6G it flys like a 6-axis quad, responding to stick but then a flat self-level when the stick is released to neutral. I don't think experts or purists are going to like that mode, but it works for me. This plane is pretty small and pretty fast so it will be easy to get into trouble if your attention wanders. And I tipped it onto it's nose two of three landings, so I have some work to do there.

Good looking plane with somewhat odd flying characteristics, but I like it. Surprised it's gotten no attention.

Thanks for the detailed report, I have two A600s on the way so your review may be relevant for me as these two seem to have the same TX and FC systems.
Mar 24, 2017, 01:50 PM
The body is 100% same as the Nine eagles Edge 540 (760B). both cant get spare parts anyway online... .
the nine eagles 760b has auto return home and auto takeoff/landing functions, but with linear servos.
Jul 20, 2017, 02:25 PM
so i got a couple of these and have had some problems i haven't seen elsewhere. on both planes i've had an experience where the plane seems to lose signal and spiral downward into the ground. this caused the death of the first one and luckily i was close enough to the ground on the second one. maybe it is at the end of it's flight when the battery is dead, but i don't know why it would lose control function. also, the right aileron developed a twitch on my second plane, at first it was hardly noticeable, and seemed to fix itself. when i took it out to fly it today the twitch was absolutely maxing out the servo and the plane was unflyable. strangely, when i tilt the plane to one side the gyro is able to lift the aileron smoothly, but when it is tilted the other way and the aileron is meant to deflect downward, the servo geeks out and returns to it's constant full range of movement. maybe i iust have a bad servo? am not familiar with rc planes. anyone else encountered these problems?
Jul 21, 2017, 11:27 PM
pull up -- PULL UP!!!
Haven't had that problem, but I think this is a kinda twitchy plane. I'd never recommend it to a beginning flyer. If you continue to have problems, don't get frustrated -- just try a different plane. The Beginner Forum has many threads on what makes for a good learning plane. Personally, I'd recommend a UMX Radian, but you'd have to have a suitable radio to use with it. Typically a Spektrum. If you think you'd like to build a kit, check out the CrashTestHobby Albatross. EZ flyer and practically indestructible. Both have big threads here on RCG.
Jul 28, 2017, 06:17 AM
Greetings Gentlemen
I have been trying to get hold of one of these machines on MODE 1.
I have only seen MODE 2 available. Would any one know if they are available ?
Happy Landings
Chris...