Aug 20, 2016, 05:57 AM
Thread OP
New Product

Hubsan H501S X4 Advanced Version Unboxing & Comparison

I really found little information about advanced version of h501s quadcopter, so i decided to bring you back the results of tests and the presentation of this model through an unboxing and a comparison table, hoping that it can prove useful for clarifing ideas on possible doubts about differences between h502s, h501s entry level & advanced version...I also want to clarify that every result into the table has been verified by myself (Except for h501s entry level) through rigorous testing and, in the case that results will vary, may be subject to change..I leave you with unboxing and comparison of products in question. Enjoy the reading

UNBOXING

The package has been shipped with DHL courier as the case of h502s quadcopter and it has employed 3 days to reach destination.

Once opened, the box results to be of higher dimensions than that of h502s, and without dents.

Into the box the content was in an unique level, respect to 3 levels of h502s.

The quadcopter shows to be more heavy and compact than h502s.

It is equipped with brushless motors and the rubber legs offer a better cushioning than its little brother.

Under the quadcopter there is a professional transmitter that improve the quality signal and range, it works with 8 AA batteries or also with the lipo battery of h502s. It has elegant and ergonomic design with rubber edges for a better grip. Furthermore the activation of functions Headless mode and Follow Me mode was substituted from two switches at the top of the radio.

At the end we can find as spare pieces: 1x Balance Charger, 1x 7.4V 2700mAh Li-Po Battery inserted into quadcopter, 1x Tool for removing props, 1x Instruction Manual (Quadcopter manual and safety warnings) into the box and 8x Propellers that are very huge and allows h501s to have an higher resistance against the wind, them can be mounted to the motor screwless.

Below the summary of the content of the box:

1x H501S Upgraded Quadcopter
1x Advanced Transmitter
1x 7.4V 2700mAh Li-Po Battery
1x Balance Charger
8x Propellers
1x Removing Tool
1x English User Manual

Other details about comparison are included in the following table
COMPARISON TABLE

H501S Advanced Version FAILSAFE TEST (1 min 49 sec)

H501S Advanced Version FOLLOW ME TEST (1 min 27 sec)

H501S Advanced Version GPS HOLD TEST (0 min 43 sec)

H501S Advanced Version THROWING TEST (0 min 26 sec)

H501S Advanced Version FPV BROADCAST TEST (0 min 46 sec)

H501S Advanced Version NIGHT FLIGHT (2 min 45 sec)

LINK TO H501S ADVANCED VERSION: H501S Advanced Version FlashSale, just $255.99

LINK TO H501S ENTRY LEVEL VERSION: H501S Standard Version This product is in FlashSale for just $205.99

LINK TO H502S: H502S

LINK TO H501S SPARE PIECES: H501S Spare Pieces

To follow a dedicated gallery
Last edited by maninblack99; Aug 22, 2017 at 05:11 AM.
to remove ads between posts
Aug 20, 2016, 05:58 AM
Thread OP
Reserved
Aug 20, 2016, 07:02 AM
Main difference H501S is brushless.
H502S is brushed. This difference is not real obvious when newbees first look.

My questions are:
Is the different transmitter (H501S I have H502S) better than the H502S?
The difference is great?
Aug 20, 2016, 08:10 AM
Thread OP
Quote:
Originally Posted by dee88

My questions are:
The difference is great?
Hello, thanks for your reply, do you mean h501s advanced or entry level version?
Aug 20, 2016, 08:52 AM
Thread OP
Quote:

My questions are:
The difference is great?
I already uploaded table, you can check it for more details. I am doing some tests with the transmitter, so as you can read maybe some data in it will be modified during the tests
Aug 20, 2016, 09:37 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by maninblack99
Hello, thanks for your reply, do you mean h501s advanced or entry level version?
I meant the 'ADVANCED', but look at the comparison table now posted
by the reviewer.

My interest is mainly in anything that is light enough(under 250 grams) and needs no registration.

Eventually I'll find the perfect quad copter.
To me that would include the following:
  1. FPV
  2. GPS
  3. Return to home
  4. 3D flight
  5. Barometer
  6. Magnetometer
  7. 10 minutes or longer flight time)
  8. Brush-less motors
  9. Quiet flight

In the mean time, the H502S is it for me.
All that is missing is 'brush-less'. and 3D
I'll have to see how the motors will last.
I know my wish list is unrealistic now, but it might be achievable with newer lipo developments.

Please post any new developments that might be interesting, even if they are only upgrades available to the H502S or its transmitter.
Last edited by dee88; Aug 20, 2016 at 09:55 AM.
Aug 20, 2016, 12:56 PM
Thread OP
Quote:
I meant the 'ADVANCED', but look at the comparison table now posted
by the reviewer.

My interest is mainly in anything that is light enough(under 250 grams) and needs no registration.

Eventually I'll find the perfect quad copter.
To me that would include the following:
  1. FPV
  2. GPS
  3. Return to home
  4. 3D flight
  5. Barometer
  6. Magnetometer
  7. 10 minutes or longer flight time)
  8. Brush-less motors
  9. Quiet flight

In the mean time, the H502S is it for me.
All that is missing is 'brush-less'. and 3D
I'll have to see how the motors will last.
I know my wish list is unrealistic now, but it might be achievable with newer lipo developments.

Please post any new developments that might be interesting, even if they are only upgrades available to the H502S or its transmitter.
The fpv screen of advanced transmitter has 1080p and the view is amazing. The quadcopter is VERY stable also with GPS switch turned off, i tried it in indoor and i am really surprised about it
Last edited by maninblack99; Aug 20, 2016 at 02:49 PM.
Aug 20, 2016, 01:09 PM
Thread OP
Uploaded gallery, will add some other photos of flight tomorrow
Aug 20, 2016, 02:43 PM
You mentioned "Furthermore the activation of functions Headless mode and Follow Me mode was substituted from two switches at the top of the radio."

What were they substituted with? It sounds like you're saying they used to be two switches at the top of the radio, but where are they then on the new controller? Thanks...I'm thinking of getting this pro version
Aug 20, 2016, 03:08 PM
I'm curious, what gives you the impression the FPV broadcast from the Quad, is transmitted at 1080P to the Tx? (Apart from it saying so on Gearbest)

The Quad in either version, is essentially the same thing and I strongly doubt it broadcasts FPV at 1080P. Infact, I strongly doubt it does anything further than the Standard version.

The 'Advanced', labeling is a bit of a gimmick, as while the Tx, is the improved version and sure it will increase the range considerably, the quad does not offer anything advanced.
Aug 20, 2016, 03:23 PM
Thread OP
Quote:
Originally Posted by manofice3484
You mentioned "Furthermore the activation of functions Headless mode and Follow Me mode was substituted from two switches at the top of the radio."

What were they substituted with? It sounds like you're saying they used to be two switches at the top of the radio, but where are they then on the new controller? Thanks...I'm thinking of getting this pro version
Thanks for your question, switch A is for Headless Mode, switch B is for Follow Me mode. Cheers
Aug 20, 2016, 03:28 PM
Thread OP
Quote:
Originally Posted by RCMick
I'm curious, what gives you the impression the FPV broadcast from the Quad, is transmitted at 1080P to the Tx? (Apart from it saying so on Gearbest)

The Quad in either version, is essentially the same thing and I strongly doubt it broadcasts FPV at 1080P. Infact, I strongly doubt it does anything further than the Standard version.

The 'Advanced', labeling is a bit of a gimmick, as while the Tx, is the improved version and sure it will increase the range considerably, the quad does not offer anything advanced.
I compared its fpv screen with h502s transmitter (the same resolution of that of h501s entry level version) and it is much better, will publish some photos about fpv screen tomorrow while flying it in outdoor. The fpv screen of the advanced version instead has a little smaller fpv screen but its fpv display has Full HD resolution, 1080p, that is the same resolution of the quadcopter camera. Cheers
Last edited by maninblack99; Aug 20, 2016 at 04:02 PM.
Aug 20, 2016, 08:41 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by maninblack99
The fpv screen of advanced transmitter has 1080p and the view is amazing. The quadcopter is VERY stable also with GPS switch turned off, i tried it in indoor and i am really surprised about it
Can the advanced transmitter be purchased separately?
If so, will it work with the H502S?
If so, could you post a link?
Does the H501S ADVANCED have a barometer(for altitude hold)?
Last edited by dee88; Aug 20, 2016 at 09:13 PM.
Aug 21, 2016, 01:22 AM
Thread OP
Quote:
Can the advanced transmitter be purchased separately?
If so, will it work with the H502S?
If so, could you post a link?
Does the H501S ADVANCED have a barometer(for altitude hold)?
Hello, the advanced transmitter is NOT compatible with h502s

Yes, it has a barometer for altitude hold, and can hold the altitude perfectly, much better than h502s, will take photos of flight soon
Aug 21, 2016, 03:07 AM
Flying while Frying
Is it possible to use a bigger screen or a mobile phone to view the fpv of the advanced version? I really enjoy using bigger screens.

W la figa

Quick Reply