Team Associated 1/18 Reflex 4WD Offroad RTR

Consistent performance on a budget! The all new Reflex can get you up and running as fast as you can charge the battery.

Splash

An Affordable RTR 4WD Buggy

Looking for a quick and easy way into the hobby of rc cars? The Team Associated Reflex is the perfect answer! Featuring a brushed 370 motor, shaft drive 4WD system, and an included NiMh battery and 2-channel 2.4GHz transmitter, the Reflex provides consistent handling at an affordable price. The Reflex retails for $129.99.

Specifications:

• Efficient, shaft-driven 4WD powertrain for ultimate power
  • Adjustable ball differentials front and rear
  • Fluid-filled shock shocks for a smooth ride
  • Optimized suspension geometry for consistent handling
  • XP radio and Reedy Powered series electronics for reliability and high performance

CLICK HERE for more info on the all new Team Associated 1/18 Reflex 4WD Offroad RTR

Aug 19, 2016, 11:51 AM
Is this just the original rc18t as a re-release since the belt driven rc18t2 has been out?
Aug 19, 2016, 12:08 PM
Time For Me To Fly!
The beloved RC18B has returned! Awesome!
Aug 19, 2016, 12:49 PM
Fan of just about anything RC
Looks nice, but A-arms do seem a bit thin and fragile, judging by the top-down picture. Love the classic body design, not another forward cab. Don't get me wrong, there are some forward cab designs that hit the mark, but most seem so bulky.
Aug 19, 2016, 03:58 PM
A-Arms are a easy fix if RPM is still producing them. I had quite a few of the rc18s back in the day before the v2 came out. Was a fun little rig if you got the diffs shimmed right and a decent brushless system in it.
Aug 19, 2016, 06:12 PM
Buggy in style
This might get me back into 1/18.

Sent from my SM-G930W8 using Tapatalk
Aug 19, 2016, 09:25 PM
My hovercraft is full of eels.
It does appear to be an RC18B in RTR form. Neat! It's the chassis that launched so many clones and not a dang one of them is as good as this one. Ball diffs in an RTR for $129! Take that, Himoto, Maverick, ECX, Dromida, Revell, Redcat and the rest of the 1:18 clones with your plastic diff gears and sloppy steering systems. I see it has the ESC/RX combo just like all the rest though. Well, you gotta save a dollar somehow. Not a big deal really. Just swap that junk. A-arms look the same as the ones on my B2. I haven't broken one yet but they are 3 bucks a set directly from Team AE and they ship cheap and fast. Great to know that the RC18B and the spare parts that fit my B2 will be around for a while longer.
Aug 19, 2016, 10:32 PM
Yea it does inspire confidence that parts availability will be around quite some more time. May just have to grab a roller somewhere now that I know they will still be here.

That being said, I do recall the steering being quite sloppy. Think I had to mod in one of the hs micro servos to fix that. Been like 8+ years since then though.
Aug 23, 2016, 06:59 PM
clm
clm
Wow.. I have been looking at my old painted bodies for quite a while causing a few ebay searches for an old rc18.

I still have my old modified bellcrank steering chassis, with it's trimmed lexan dirt shield ready to go...

I can't wait to start digging tiny pebbles out of the spur gear again heh. And flipped diffs to keep some of the dirt from being pulled into the spur/pinion mesh heh.
Aug 24, 2016, 09:20 AM
Time For Me To Fly!
Quote:
Originally Posted by clm
I can't wait to start digging tiny pebbles out of the spur gear again heh. And flipped diffs to keep some of the dirt from being pulled into the spur/pinion mesh heh.
Ahh the good old days, when 1/18 was a thriving scale.
Aug 26, 2016, 03:36 AM
clm
clm
I have sent a message to DP to see about the old gear covers

I have good memories of the old one18th forum, I think I was the first one that flipped the rc18 diffs on that forum.
Last edited by clm; Aug 26, 2016 at 03:45 AM.
Aug 26, 2016, 11:43 AM
One18th.com was such a great website. Built my first ever brushless vehicle, a mini t, with the original mamba system and help from that forum. Hand matched NiMH cells and it was a rocket when it wasn't breaking its front end off. Then a rc18t. And a few m18s. Such fun.

Quick Reply