WLToys F1 High Speed Racing Boat - RC Groups

WLToys F1 High Speed Racing Boat

The WLToys F1 is a catamaran style electric boat that comes with everything you need to have fun on the water for $70...

WLToys F1 Racing Boat

28MPH F1 Boat for under $71 RTR

The WLToys F1 is a catamaran style electric boat that comes with everything you need to have fun on the water for a mere $70. That seems like a crazy low price for a RTR brushless powered boat. The WLToys F1 tunnel hull design is capable of reaching speeds up to 28MPH. It includes a brushless motor, water cooled 30A speed controller and a 3s 11.1V 1200mAh lipo battery with charger. You'll also find a 2.4Ghz radio in the box and the only thing you'll need to supply is 4 AA batteries.

The WLToys F1 looks to be a great first boat and that price makes it affordable to give as a gift. Even if newcomers end up flipping it, the WLToys F1 will self right so they can keep on playing.

Check out the WLToys F1 Boat at HobbyKing.

Specs:

• Length: 440mm
  • Width: 173mm
  • Height: 120mm

Includes:

• F1 racing boat
  • 2.4G transmitter
  • 11.1v 1200mah lipoly battery with T connector
  • Balance charger
  • Charger adapter (US plug)
  • English manual

Aug 19, 2016, 01:15 PM
Time For Me To Fly!
I have the green version and love it. Very fun boat at an unbeatable price for a RTR brushless boat.
Aug 19, 2016, 02:36 PM
Fast electric boats maybe

WLToys F1

I have a green one also if you want it to go faster buy a octura m435/3 metal prop and hang on that prop really picks up the speed of this little monster
Aug 20, 2016, 11:47 AM
Time For Me To Fly!
I installed an Atomik 2950kv motor, and now I'm trying to tame the beast. Once I find the sweet spot with COG I'll have to try one of those props out.
Sep 07, 2016, 10:52 PM

Fastmax let me hnow how that 2950kv motor works out might put 1 in my boat Jeff
Sep 08, 2016, 02:56 AM
Looks to be worth it just for the brushless outboard, if nothing else.
Sep 08, 2016, 06:49 AM
Time For Me To Fly!
Quote:
Originally Posted by P_J_Glor
Looks to be worth it just for the brushless outboard, if nothing else.
The outboard is fake, and is actually just a rudder.
Sep 08, 2016, 06:51 AM
Time For Me To Fly!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeffro Bodine
Fastmax let me hnow how that 2950kv motor works out might put 1 in my boat Jeff
The Atomik motor is a significant increase in performance, but requires some fine tuning of weight placement in order to keep it from taking flight as you near full throttle.
Sep 08, 2016, 12:25 PM

Fastmax i have seen 2 different set ups inside the hull 1 shows esc in back and battery in front mine is set up with esc in front and battery in back how is yours set up
Sep 08, 2016, 12:32 PM
Time For Me To Fly!
You can see my boat, and set up in this thread.

Stock was battery in back ESC in front. I switched it around, and ended up switching it back.
Sep 08, 2016, 12:44 PM

Here is another tip if you're having trouble with the strut take it apart and take everything off flex shaft and save the front bearing and the spacer tube between bearings i bought a set of boca ceramic bearings from ose 18.00 put the first ceramic bearing on shaft first take plastic spacer and grind or file spacer down so it will fit between the first and second bearing the second bearing is the factory one once you have the space rite put the last ceramic flange bearing on then the drive dog i had too do this because it wallered out the strut on the prop side of strut this fix is a good 1 it makes the drive system so much stronger Jeff
Sep 08, 2016, 12:47 PM
Fastmax have you speed checked your boat yet
Sep 08, 2016, 02:25 PM
Time For Me To Fly!
No, I don't have a GPS unit small enough, or light enough to not have adverse affects on the boats handling.

Thanks for the tip. If I ever have any issues I'll look into doing that.
Sep 08, 2016, 03:27 PM
Video ?
Sep 08, 2016, 03:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by fastmax
No, I don't have a GPS unit small enough, or light enough to not have adverse affects on the boats handling.

Thanks for the tip. If I ever have any issues I'll look into doing that.
If you run any kind of prop either plastic or metal if it is not balanced the strut will fail done happened to me 3 times already tired of buying replacement strut from china takes too long to arrive and kinda expensive 8 bucks for new 1