This thread is privately moderated by Punkie, who may elect to delete unwanted replies.
Aug 18, 2016, 02:54 PM
Love & a Molotov cocktail
Thread OP
Gallery

Home, more playing with the Phantom

Living on a boat near a pub does have its advantages, as does being considered (no matter how inaccurately) a tech wizard to the locals.
As does working 4 days on, 4 days off.
I find myself being able to (so long as I do not freak out the customers) fly small models off the meadow near the pub by the river, play with RC boats on the river and now on a quiet afternoon with my Phantom3.

So, I alternated between being outside in the sun flying the quad, or inside, charging the batteries (using the power sockets put in the new bar just for me) and checking out the pictures on my laptop, drinking Cranberry and soda (I try not to fly while drinking alcohol, it costs too much in models), the beer came in the evening.

It was fun, lots of talking to the people, first letting them know what was happening and then talking about the phantom especially to a lovely old lady on an outing from her retirement home, she hobbled over with her walking frame accompanied by a carer, asked some good sensible questions, looked at herself as the quad saw her and generally made my day.

The only complaint was from a woman who turned up with her husband (I think) and a fancy little day boat on a trailer, dropped it in the river from the slipway, moored it on the pub moorings, took their dogs for a walk, off the lead despite signs saying all dogs should be on a lead, then went off on the boat for a couple of hours, then came back, allowed the dogs to roam about again while they got the boat back on the trailer and off, car and trailer parked on pub property, dogs no lead, moored on pub moorings, did not in the pub to even buy a coke, then had the to come over and say to me "I hope you are not taking pictures of us with that thing?"

Well, on pub property lady, I have permission to take as many pictures of anyone I like, the owners have asked me to photograph anything or anyone I like when I am there, so hard luck
Mind you, she was a dog and I do not waste memory on the likes of her.

On a better note, in a couple of pictures of the marina I spotted in the meadow behind the crop marks from a Civil war fort, dating from the 17th century, I have permission to do some flying and photos from that meadow so in the next few months I must get on with it.
Last edited by Punkie; Aug 18, 2016 at 02:59 PM.
to remove ads between posts

Quick Reply