ImpulseRC Helix FPV Frames - Page 332 - RC Groups
Jan 12, 2018, 07:48 AM
Thanks mate, I had read about those features that the Helix had but obviously didn’t put two and two together.

Can you test the Swift 2 to a TV? As mentioned nothing was supplied but had seen videos with RCA inputs? Maybe it was the Swift 1 or other model?
to remove ads between posts
Jan 12, 2018, 08:22 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by MicD
Thanks mate, I had read about those features that the Helix had but obviously didnít put two and two together.

Can you test the Swift 2 to a TV? As mentioned nothing was supplied but had seen videos with RCA inputs? Maybe it was the Swift 1 or other model?
Runcam used to include a little cable that had a battery in (from a fatshark style battery plug) plug and a video out RCA jack, but I don't know if they still do that or not.
Jan 12, 2018, 02:46 PM
Well I got my 'blacking out' VTX issue fixed by installing another VTX; on another note, really want a better camera than this rotor riot camera; is there anyway to squeeze a eagle 2 pro in there? Or mod a caddx SDR1 or predator camera to fit in the pod? Any suggestions for the best camera available that will fit?
Jan 12, 2018, 02:47 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jasonb777
Well I got my 'blacking out' VTX issue fixed by installing another VTX; on another note, really want a better camera than this rotor riot camera; is there anyway to squeeze a eagle 2 pro in there? Or mod a caddx SDR1 or predator camera to fit in the pod? Any suggestions for the best camera available that will fit?
I've got a Foxeer Monster V2 in mine. If the dimensions of the Eagle 2 Pro are the same as the Monster V2...yep
Jan 12, 2018, 03:33 PM
I believe the monster is 16:9; I fly with the HD2's (4:3)....I have heard really good things about the monster cam though...It might be worth trying anyways if the picture is better; I'm just tired of the rotor riot camera, and the arrow v2 quality,;plus I have a few runcam swift micros that just don't do it for me anymore; I really hope in the next few years somebody will come out with a mini or micro connex system that has almost zero lag but still HD quality...I suppose that is what we are all waiting for.
Jan 12, 2018, 05:14 PM
IG: nectar.collector
Quote:
Originally Posted by jasonb777
I wonder if the Eagle 2 sensor board will fit in a standard case...

I personally use a 3D printed micro to full size cam bracket adapter, modified the dimensions to fit the helix plates.

I don't think ill ever put a full size cam back into the Helix!

https://www.thingiverse.com/thing:2586425
Jan 14, 2018, 06:38 AM
Wow, build finished but now stumbled on a major issue. Basically no receiver input in BF thus no flying quad

- Using QX7 plus R-XSR (both non-EU and flashed to the latest versions)
- Wired Rx to FC like KrazyFPV (e.g. white wire to ~ pad, yellow wire to Tx pad)

- Using BF 3.2.4 (tried 3.2.0 for kicks also)
- Port UART1 set to Smartport (like KrazyFPV)
- Port UART3 set to on
- Receiver on SBUS mode
- Channel map TAER1234
- Tried SBUS inversion command to “off” on CLI

QX7
- Using latest OpenTX firmware
- Created new model
- Bound in D16 mode
- Set an arm switch to test in BF

Observations:
- FC green LED solid, blinking red LED
- R-XSR solid green and blue LED when on
- QX7 has signal bars, but also randomly “telemetry lost, telemetry recovered”)

It appears that this is a common issue and have tried many solutions. Hopefully someone can shed more light with my situation.
Jan 14, 2018, 01:50 PM
Quote:
Wow, build finished but now stumbled on a major issue. Basically no receiver input in BF thus no flying quad

- Using QX7 plus R-XSR (both non-EU and flashed to the latest versions)
- Wired Rx to FC like KrazyFPV (e.g. white wire to ~ pad, yellow wire to Tx pad)
R-XSR seems to have its connector output as : GND, 5V, S.Port, S.BUS out, S.BUS in. Can you confirm that your plug has the white wire in 4th place? (Maybe provide a photo?) If not, using a stanley knife, you can swap the wires around at the plug.

Quote:
- QX7 has signal bars, but also randomly ďtelemetry lost, telemetry recoveredĒ)
This should stop occurring if you move the QX7 a couple meters away from the quad.
Jan 14, 2018, 03:30 PM
See attached. I have white wire soldered to UART2 Rx, yellow wire to UART1 Tx.

Have I screwed anything up? At first I used the normal 3 pin cable (yellow wire to UART2) but this didn’t seem to work (I first tried like the BMSweb video, but on second thought he had an XSR).

I’ve de-pinned the blue cable that was originally there (next to white and yellow)

EDIT:
I may have figured out the solution, as per pics I de-pinned the wrong wire. The pin "gap" next to the white wire in Helix pic is actually the SBUS "Out" pin, whereas the white wire in pic is the SBUS "In" pin... Will have to try after work later on, but I trust that this is the whole reason where the whole issue surrounds?

Second question is, should I have SBUS inversion command on or off in BF CLI tab?
Last edited by MicD; Jan 14, 2018 at 06:24 PM.
Jan 14, 2018, 06:30 PM
Quote:
EDIT: I may have figured out the solution, as per pics I de-pinned the wrong wire. The pin "gap" next to the white wire in Helix pic is actually the SBUS "Out" pin, whereas the white wire in pic is the SBUS "In" pin... Will have to try after work later on, but I trust that this is the whole reason where the whole issue surrounds?
Yeah, looks like you've got the wrong wire there, it needs to be sbus out.

Quote:
Second question is, should I have SBUS inversion command on or off in BF CLI tab?
Leave it at default value, which I believe is OFF (in recent releases anyway, there is something about this in the BF wiki).
Jan 14, 2018, 07:00 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by mixblast
Yeah, looks like you've got the wrong wire there, it needs to be sbus out.

Leave it at default value, which I believe is OFF (in recent releases anyway, there is something about this in the BF wiki).
Thanks for the confirmation, I can't believe I spent the best part of the whole weekend with this issue.
Jan 14, 2018, 11:24 PM
I wanted to ask you guys also, what battery straps are you all using? I tried to use a 20mm width strap but it wouldn't fit through the middle of the frame??
Jan 15, 2018, 03:33 AM
Warpsquid
The 20mm strap can be made to work! You can actually fold it slightly just to get it started and then it should pull through
Jan 15, 2018, 07:01 AM
Can confirm that it all now works, woot!

Now onto PID tuning and the rest of what needs to be tweaked... I suppose my next question is, for a newbie, what else can I research re tuning of the Helix?

Iím also in the market to pair my Swift 2 with a decent pair of goggles... I love me some Fatsharks but $$. Iíd happily take any suggestions for a best bang for buck model. Iíve heard Skyzone and Aomway are decent?
Jan 15, 2018, 07:16 AM
Search on Youtube for Helix PID tuning in combination with either Krazy or Thomas (BMSWEB).

That should get you going.

Quick Reply