ImpulseRC Helix FPV Frames - Page 315 - RC Groups
Shop our Airplanes Products Drone Products Sales
Sep 11, 2017, 06:15 AM
Yes some of my buzzers and one of my fcs has been defective. Im not particularly that worried about the buzzer. I use a timer with a countdown. If I fly hard I land a little early, works fine.
to remove ads between posts
Sep 11, 2017, 07:08 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dttocs
Trying to get into freestyle as i can no longer race.
I prefer the feel of the Helix over a H frame for freestyle and recently tried a 6" and really really liked it. Before i try moving on to try doing crazy freestyle type tricks i want to work on getting smoother.
The 6" Helix i found was better for me in that regard and wanted to see how a 7" felt.
That and it sounds friggen awsome
Other than the quad flying a little more smoother, what are some of the noticeable differences between the 7 and 5 inch?
Sep 11, 2017, 07:32 AM
Less agile due to increased weight and prop inertia
Sep 11, 2017, 07:50 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by MoldyStain
Less agile due to increased weight and prop inertia
It feels like a bigger quad to fly, but i am not sure how much of that is feel and how much i am influenced by knowing its bigger.
Obviously more mass makes it less agile in say changing course at speed but roll rates etc are the same as my 5/6" Helixes.
High speed flips etc are to fast for the eyes to see whats happening so its just timing of the stick movement. For me its the same timing as a 5 or 6" but my roll/pitch are only 1300 something. People with higher rates may find differences.
Sep 11, 2017, 07:53 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jasonb777
Other than the quad flying a little more smoother, what are some of the noticeable differences between the 7 and 5 inch?
That's a hard one as i have only had 3 flights.
Most noticeable was pulling out of dives i need to throttle sooner. Some of that may be more to do with 2 blade props compared to the 3 bladed props i am used to more than mass.
Sep 11, 2017, 08:34 AM
I find that I can wait longer to apply throttle when coming out of a dive with my 6" than I have to with my 5" due to the improved low end torque. I would expect a 7" prop to be even more powerful.
Sep 11, 2017, 04:24 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by overbybr
I find that I can wait longer to apply throttle when coming out of a dive with my 6" than I have to with my 5" due to the improved low end torque. I would expect a 7" prop to be even more powerful.
Are you comparing 3 blade props ?
I find the same on tri blades.
These HQ 7x45 carbon reinforced props feel like there literally no bottom end at all.
Sep 11, 2017, 07:43 PM
Warpsquid
We've found that the much higher disc area means you have a lot more stopping power, but only if your motors and batteries can provide enough low end torque to spin them up fast enough!

Slap some 2212s on there Dttocs and then tell us how it feels
Sep 11, 2017, 08:02 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Impulse RC
We've found that the much higher disc area means you have a lot more stopping power, but only if your motors and batteries can provide enough low end torque to spin them up fast enough!

Slap some 2212s on there Dttocs and then tell us how it feels
The 2408 seem to have massive mid range torque. I thought it was the 2 blade props but it maybe the 1900kv motors. Even coming into land there is a fine line between falling out of the sky and moving at a decent speed.
Definitely need some bigger batteries.
Hmm have some 1500mah 5s
Sep 12, 2017, 12:09 AM

ImpulseRC Helix FPV Frames

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dttocs
Are you comparing 3 blade props ?

I find the same on tri blades.

These HQ 7x45 carbon reinforced props feel like there literally no bottom end at all.

Nope. That's 6" bi-blades vs 5" tri's. (2206-2000kv)
Sep 12, 2017, 01:56 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by overbybr
Nope. That's 6" bi-blades vs 5" tri's. (2206-2000kv)
Okay. I run 2207 2200kv with 6" tri-blades
My 7" could just be the lower kv on 4s
Last edited by Dttocs; Sep 12, 2017 at 04:11 AM.
Sep 12, 2017, 06:02 PM
my deathroll episode of last week happened again, same scenario, coming out of a fast roll to the left - gyro slow/doesn't react, and quad engages in a fast opposite direction to the ground.

I don't have a spare FC to try, any word as to when we'll have access to spares in the US?
Depending on how that goes I will wait or just order parts from AU.
Sep 12, 2017, 07:00 PM
I just preorder tons of parts, if you can afford it it's nice to have parts on backup so there's minimal downtime. Definitely sounds like your gyro is messed up.
Sep 13, 2017, 03:50 AM
Bummer. AU post to the US has been about 10-14 days for me, it may be worth just getting it in order.
Sep 14, 2017, 02:55 AM
www.mahjong4.com.au
Got round to flying the Helix for the first time, been sitting on my parts trolly for 6 months

First flight, after flying a couple of packs on the 3" Kraken.

Anyone have any idea what the "scrapping" sounds is on some turns, thinking a props was slipping maybe.
Runcam 3 ejects at the end lol
So much power in those F40 motors 3 HQ 5x4x3 props stripped at the hub, such fun!!!
Little park is a bit small for this much power though.

Helix maiden (3 min 0 sec)
Last edited by Sqwert; Sep 14, 2017 at 09:32 AM.