Aug 18, 2016, 08:40 AM
Mayday Mayhem
Trying to figure out which motors and escs I want to use. I guess I should wait to order until I figure out which fc comes with the frame.
to remove ads between posts
Aug 18, 2016, 08:49 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Play2win70 View Post
Trying to figure out which motors and escs I want to use. I guess I should wait to order until I figure out which fc comes with the frame.

I think so. I'd just ordered an Alien RR and I'm very excited for that although I have a regular Alien and now the Helix.. I can't buy anything else for a while I need to use my current motors. I have 2 sets of Emax 2205 2300, 1 set of the Rebel 2205 2650 and 1 set of Lumenier 2205 2350. I think I'll use the Rebels on it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Aug 18, 2016, 09:27 AM
ALL Carbon RC
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nathan193 View Post
Thanks that help i have had a hard time with choosing motors for a long time now and now I'm settle except one thing.. Do the 2550kv hurt the batteries

As far as battery efficiency and longevity you will probably sacrifice a little of both with the higher kv motor but the performance and throttle control I feel using them is worth it for me.

Aug 18, 2016, 09:29 AM
ALL Carbon RC
Quote:
Originally Posted by dwaintr View Post
I think so. I'd just ordered an Alien RR and I'm very excited for that although I have a regular Alien and now the Helix.. I can't buy anything else for a while I need to use my current motors. I have 2 sets of Emax 2205 2300, 1 set of the Rebel 2205 2650 and 1 set of Lumenier 2205 2350. I think I'll use the Rebels on it.

+1 to the Rebels...I think I'll go that route as well.

Aug 18, 2016, 10:18 AM
Sticks and Nuts
Anybody here is an early santa claus? 199$ is like half of my salary xD Damn currency exchange rate Anyway this shapes out to be smth great 2650 kv is like a spicy curry with a bush of chilli on top of it....gonna be tasty for a moment but oh boy your battery gonna suffer later
Aug 18, 2016, 10:27 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by dwaintr View Post

Those Rebel motors are so heavy though. I've never used them so they might be really durable. Weight isn't always a bad thing. But personally I would rather run a light 2206 motor instead of a heavy 2205.

I have some ZMX 2206 V3 motors that are about 2.5 grams lighter (29g) than my DYS 2205 2300 kv (31.5). That's 20% more electric motor and less weight.
Aug 18, 2016, 01:14 PM
FPV Surfer
OK, you did with your pre-order game. I'm totally in! Send it now!

- Do DYS XS 30A 3-6s Lipo BLheli_S (45*16.5*5.8mm) fit onto the 5' frame?
...or maybe LittleBee 30A-S ESC BLHeli_S OPTO?
...ooor maaaybe Emax Lightning 35A BlHeli_S (32.6*18.0*6.5mm)
- Which motors do you recommend? SunnySky Edge Racing R2204 2300KV? Or EMAX red bottoms?
- Recommended LiPos? 1300mAh?
- Which SMA connector for the VTX antenna?
- We can put a GoPro session on the frame, right?
Last edited by aerosurfer; Aug 18, 2016 at 02:11 PM.
Aug 18, 2016, 03:56 PM
Wouldn't be surprised if those that do the blind order get a lot more than impulserc is saying.
If i hadn't just brought another Alien i would be in.
Aug 18, 2016, 04:25 PM
Warpsquid
Sorry, can't answer any questions just yet. We can get in to the meaty details soon!

Just wanted to say a huge THANK YOU to everyone who has put their trust in us.

It's genuinely humbling to see people giving their support and it means one hell of a lot. You guys are awesome for playing along, we do this for you!

Few more hours now, no more games for real this time! Hope you like it
Aug 18, 2016, 04:30 PM
Well we thank you aswell as the impulserc team must have had to do a lot of work to get al this sorted and up on the web for the fans to do there thing. So for that we THANK YOU so much for giving us a chance to get the very best.
Last edited by Nathan193; Aug 18, 2016 at 04:35 PM.
Aug 18, 2016, 05:01 PM
2 hours left
Aug 18, 2016, 05:09 PM
One question breakmore, do you get the free electronics if you don't pre order or is the extras for blind orders only
Aug 18, 2016, 05:21 PM
I'm a pincher
Call me crazy, but I'm in. ORDER #7235 - My Alien is my best flying 5 inch frame. The only thing I don't like is the weight. This one seems to address that.

I'm scared of batteries on the bottom, because the one frame I do have like that I don't really like... but it's not stiff enough. nor does it carry a GoPro. I have a feeling the Helix will be bottom-slung. I'm sure this quad will be stiff and it will have a well thought-through GoPro mount which should balance the CG horizontally - Which is suspect is the reason I don't like my bottom-slung frame. Too much weight below the motors.
Aug 18, 2016, 05:56 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by PinchTune View Post
Call me crazy, but I'm in. ORDER #7235 - My Alien is my best flying 5 inch frame. The only thing I don't like is the weight. This one seems to address that.

I'm scared of batteries on the bottom, because the one frame I do have like that I don't really like... but it's not stiff enough. nor does it carry a GoPro. I have a feeling the Helix will be bottom-slung. I'm sure this quad will be stiff and it will have a well thought-through GoPro mount which should balance the CG horizontally - Which is suspect is the reason I don't like my bottom-slung frame. Too much weight below the motors.
I jumped on it at 8:11 lastnight and was #7090 so there is atleast 145 of us that are equally crazy ??
if you own an alien I don't see where it's even a difficult decision !!!
Aug 18, 2016, 06:17 PM
I'm a pincher
^^^ I agree with you there. I've tried a good number of frames and the quality of the Impulse frames is much higher. I've purposely bought other frames trying to find something better... but, nope.