ImpulseRC Helix FPV Frames - Page 283 - RC Groups
Shop our Airplanes Products Drone Products Sales
May 18, 2017, 12:38 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by OpusNectar
Some stock prop nuts are also knurled on the underside, the surface touching the prop.

This makes it so that on two of the motors, its possible for a loose prop to overcome the moment of friction, bite into the grooved underside of the lock nut, and totally self loosen.

Emax motors are like that. I'll have to keep an eye on my emax rig to see if two have a tendency to loosen.
to remove ads between posts
May 18, 2017, 04:21 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jirachi
Lol, the more I watch it, the more I start to believe it has nothing to do with the motors, but with a slipping prop... I just re-mount the props like I would normally do, and check how tight they are, well I could move the prop when applying medium force.. That definitely surprised me, I thought that wouldn't be possible. I'm going to mount them the tightest I can, can't wait to try it out tomorrow. Will keep you up to date.
It is a common problem... I have it myself quite a lot but in my case with the t-motors if definitely wasn't. And the sound was the same. Weird hey.

Bear in mind that only two of your props need to be tightened super hard. The other two self-tighten.
May 18, 2017, 10:47 PM
Warpsquid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Strepto42
Bear in mind that only two of your props need to be tightened super hard. The other two self-tighten.
Unless they are nylocks, in that case they all need to be tight enough to stop the prop slipping because they won't be moving on their own!
May 19, 2017, 06:44 AM
I'm replaced the motor, and going to fly in a few hours.. Wish me good luck.

Another problem: I noticed that if I have my Fatshark goggles on with some headsets, I only get static sound. I checked the Mic pad on the VTX and I have correctly connected the middle pad with the most outward pad..

What is the issue?
May 19, 2017, 07:18 AM
Quote:
I'm replaced the motor, and going to fly in a few hours.. Wish me good luck.

Another problem: I noticed that if I have my Fatshark goggles on with some headsets, I only get static sound. I checked the Mic pad on the VTX and I have correctly connected the middle pad with the most outward pad..

What is the issue?
Good Luck. I'm still waiting on my replacement VTX to arrive before I can give my Helix it's proper first maiden. Thankfully it's not my only quad.

Is it a left/right problem for your sound? In other words, do both earbuds give you static or are you only checking one? If so, the goggles may only be putting out sound on one channel. Does the static continue when flying? If not, then it just might be that they've set the mic up to be really low gain so that only the noise of propellers spinning at speed gets picked up - that may lead to static at idle.
May 19, 2017, 02:35 PM
So, I went out flying again today, and guess what: everything seems to be alright again

Did like 15 instant full punch outs with no problems. I made sure I extra tigthend the props too. So, I don't know if the new motor did the trick, or the tightening of the props :P But I guess its the motor, I'd be surprised if it's the props.
May 19, 2017, 02:43 PM
Quote:
So, I went out flying again today, and guess what: everything seems to be alright again

Did like 15 instant full punch outs with no problems. I made sure I extra tigthend the props too. So, I don't know if the new motor did the trick, or the tightening of the props :P But I guess its the motor, I'd be surprised if it's the props.
Glad to hear it. Happy flying!
May 19, 2017, 03:04 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by overbybr
Glad to hear it. Happy flying!
OK, now I went to look in my BB data, and my motors are osccilating crazy! Maybe it is a props issue, but I don't see any damage on them. Is this normal? What could be the issue? I added the BB log, look at flight 15/15, that one was of today. Flight 13 was with the old/bad motor, but had not so many osccilations. I must say though, I went often full throttle in my propwash! So maybe it's just normal?

Picture for those who are lazy ^^:
Last edited by Jirachi; May 19, 2017 at 03:36 PM.
May 19, 2017, 05:32 PM
G'day folks,

Someone knows what type of connector is used for the lipo powerconnection to the VTX?
I'm making an tramped equipped VTX/cam pod, but for making a quick swappable pod I need to know the type of connector to finish it.
So I can rip the track up with my mates without having issues with interference or so in vtx.
And if I'm alone with another helix buddy I can quickly change pod and rip it up thd way it was meant.

Never mind .... all i needed to do was look at the ImpulseRC website. Damn, and order already on my way
Last edited by MobyFPV; May 20, 2017 at 06:25 AM.
May 19, 2017, 07:19 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Impulse RC
Unless they are nylocks, in that case they all need to be tight enough to stop the prop slipping because they won't be moving on their own!
Until you clip something...

Quote:
OK, now I went to look in my BB data, and my motors are osccilating crazy! Maybe it is a props issue, but I don't see any damage on them. Is this normal? What could be the issue? I added the BB log, look at flight 15/15, that one was of today. Flight 13 was with the old/bad motor, but had not so many osccilations. I must say though, I went often full throttle in my propwash! So maybe it's just normal?
That doesn't look right to me. Your D could be too high? Disclaimer: I'm not great with blackbox and was too lazy to even zoom the pics.
May 20, 2017, 02:02 PM
My vtx quit working - no signal at all. I unplugged and plugged back in both connectors but still nothing. I checked the voltage coming off the vtx into the camera and it's only reading 1.9 volts. That should be 5v, right? But even if it was just the camera not working, I should still get some kind of signal, correct?

Any thoughts on trouble shooting?
May 20, 2017, 03:49 PM
Sounds like you will have order another vtx.. ��
May 20, 2017, 07:59 PM
Over the last year I have been having a blast with helix; it is definitely one of the best kits available! The build is durable, and the quality of the electronics is really spot on...I mean what else is there out there that offer the PDB, the VTX, the FC, and all the other goodie electronics on the top knotch carbon frame...And that pod! I have hit everything with that pod and only broke it one time by flying 50 mph into a wooden picnic table! I am currently waiting on a BH T2 motor to get her up and flying, and I wanted to ask you guys that have been flying 6S on this beast if you even bothered adding a Low ESR cap or not?...I know the helix is supposed to be 6S ready and didn't know if it was necessary to add the cap...Been flying the 5S 1300 defiancerc graphene's and they are awesome!
May 20, 2017, 10:13 PM
I have run some 6s batteries. But flips and rolls can turn into a 100mph death spin on one and the other does the same on hard tight turns
Not sure what i need to do to solve it
Last edited by Dttocs; May 21, 2017 at 12:00 AM.
May 21, 2017, 05:58 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dttocs
I have run some 6s batteries. But flips and rolls can turn into a 100mph death spin on one and the other does the same on hard tight turns
Not sure what i need to do to solve it
Hey! That is exactly what happened the other day when flying hard in a turn...I plummeted to the ground from about 100 ft up in the air and snapped a T2 motor from its base! I have no explanation of how or why it happened, and so I just write it off as unsolved mysteries....The only identical factor for the other times this has happened has been flying in strong winds.... I wonder if the other guys have had the same issue before?