Apr 21, 2017, 12:44 AM
Warpsquid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pointy71
The Helix VTX supports all the normal bands but is there an option to use low band (L) or other "lower" bands?

Illegal in some locations I know but at least offer the possibility I'd say.
Never even tried but planning to look in to that very soon!

Quote:
Originally Posted by bourbon700
So I still can't seem to download a black box file using latest beta flight configurator latest fc firmware latest blheli.i can obviously connect to beta flight to change any settings or flash fc but black box freezes instantly and the link symbol flashes once in beta flight then just gets packet errors.Am I alone with this problem or can someone please point me in the right direction.I could get files to download with original firmware when I purchased (and before I flew)but not sure what that version was.rev2 fc btw.
Sorry I don't know what that can be. Can you try downgrading the firmware and checking if that would work? Other than that you can open a support ticket and someone will try to help.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jirachi
Hmm, so I'm not alone... I have made only 40 flights and this was the first time it happened to me. Hopefully I was just unlucky, imagine this happening when flying above water... I would like to hear what ImpulseRC has to say about this
The only time I've had that happen to me is when I was in stage one failsafe. I believe by default Betaflight will hold the last inputs for 1 second when a failsafe occurs to see if the signal comes back. Given you are so close and that your Taranis didn't complain it's probably not your RF link, but instead the wires/connectors between the receiver and FC. If something there intermittently loses connection the FC would do exactly what you describe and the Taranis would not complain because it still has a good connection.
to remove ads between posts
Apr 21, 2017, 05:48 AM
So in starting my Helix build last night, everything soldered up great except the Vbat/Ground pads for the VTX, it's like they wouldn't take heat (~350C). Even when I increased heat for the lipo pigtail solder and went back to them to try touchup, they didn't want to take the solder. Anyone else have this problem?
Apr 21, 2017, 01:44 PM
Guys I am needing some help with a non helix issue...but I am asking it here because of the help alot of guys offered on this thread. I have a new asus laptop that I downloaded betaflight configuration to and then I downloaded the drivers on the first configurator page,.. but here is my problem; when I plug into any FC the configuration will not open a COMM port for some reason...Any help would be great and I know it is probably something simple to do, but i have around 2 hours trying to figure this out, and even though I have 2 other PC's, this one is for the field.
Apr 21, 2017, 03:27 PM
Team WarpSquad
Have you tried running the ImpulseDriverFixer utility yet? Plug in board and execute it. I forget if it installs the VCP driver too. I know it does the bootloader driver.

Remember, the FC can boot in two modes. And two different Windows drivers are needed. Source of many ppl's confusion.

Cheers,
-Daryoon
Apr 21, 2017, 05:22 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Daryoon
Have you tried running the ImpulseDriverFixer utility yet? Plug in board and execute it. I forget if it installs the VCP driver too. I know it does the bootloader driver.

Remember, the FC can boot in two modes. And two different Windows drivers are needed. Source of many ppl's confusion.

Cheers,
-Daryoon
It is actually a Omnibus F3 board and a Furious radiance board....I know this is the wrong place to post but the help here has been spot on for the impulse products I got too.
Apr 21, 2017, 07:46 PM
Team WarpSquad
Right, try the impulsedriverfixer. It automates the zadig driver installation. Even on non impulse boards.
Apr 21, 2017, 07:47 PM
Ahh, gotcha! i will give that a go.
Apr 21, 2017, 08:06 PM
youtube.com/adampotts
The tune is pretty much done on the Helix, not that I had to make big changes or anything. I recon I'm going to spend more time on the rates and expo than I did on the PID's.

Oh an never go fly in woods like this alone haha.

Sketchy drone retrieval! Safe to say I'll never fly here again (4 min 56 sec)
Apr 21, 2017, 08:49 PM
Team WarpSquad [ L ] Learner
Quote:
Originally Posted by Impulse RC
~
~
The only time I've had that happen to me is when I was in stage one failsafe. I believe by default Betaflight will hold the last inputs for 1 second when a failsafe occurs to see if the signal comes back. Given you are so close and that your Taranis didn't complain it's probably not your RF link, but instead the wires/connectors between the receiver and FC. If something there intermittently loses connection the FC would do exactly what you describe and the Taranis would not complain because it still has a good connection.
Don't count on that Taranis Lady for important stuff like RSSI info.
I think she's a closet drinker or has an online addiction or something, other than bloody paying attention to the job
She can be rather tardy at times, e.g. unplug your battery and see how long it takes for a warning to be heard, jussayin.
Apr 22, 2017, 06:47 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrPotts
The tune is pretty much done on the Helix, not that I had to make big changes or anything. I recon I'm going to spend more time on the rates and expo than I did on the PID's.

Oh an never go fly in woods like this alone haha.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yv2hFQ_Slas
That first punch out to the sun timed to the music was great. Very nice job. Hell of a climbing feat !!
Apr 22, 2017, 09:55 AM
NYC Hobbyist
http://impulserc.com/gopro-session-plate-4mm

Any pictures or info on how this works, just noticed it today
Apr 22, 2017, 10:59 AM
This has probably been answered much earlier in the thread, but whats the weight of the Helix 5" frame including all fittings?
Apr 22, 2017, 03:06 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by zSunny
http://impulserc.com/gopro-session-plate-4mm

Any pictures or info on how this works, just noticed it today
It's to use a velcro strap to attach the session to the Alien top plate.
Apr 22, 2017, 11:41 PM
NYC Hobbyist
Quote:
Originally Posted by C0d3M0nk3y
It's to use a velcro strap to attach the session to the Alien top plate.
Oh ok, was wondering because it showed up as a helix spare parts and i got excited for something new lol
Yesterday, 11:11 AM
FPV Surfer
Someone here managed to replace their FC vibration pad without de-soldering ESC wires?