Mar 18, 2017, 08:23 PM
Team WarpSquad
Ah, I left about 2-2:30. Is this your first build? Just gauging where to begin.

You radio endpoint set up correctly so BetaFlight read min: 1000 and max 2000 for the channels?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
to remove ads between posts
Mar 18, 2017, 09:06 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Daryoon
Ah, I left about 2-2:30. Is this your first build? Just gauging where to begin.

You radio endpoint set up correctly so BetaFlight read min: 1000 and max 2000 for the channels?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
well second build but that was like 2 years ago and now everything is all more tech lol
Mar 18, 2017, 09:11 PM
oh i got it fixed.. lets see how it goes now.. ah such a noob lol forgot
Mar 19, 2017, 04:11 AM
[QUOTE=itsmemarky;37129049]well second build but that was like 2 years ago and now everything is all more tech lol
oh i got it fixed.. lets see how it goes now.. ah such a noob lol forgot /QUOTE]

Lol my first board was a kk mini so i didn't have to use a computer as i was so computer illiterate.
Doing a bit better these days even managed to program a mates first quad fc and esc's from 3 states away via computer share
Mar 19, 2017, 06:30 AM
Just stumbled upon this thread (longtime blackout 220 user), Great looking quad!

What would be the best possible Motor and ESC combo to go with the helix? F40v2 look good?
What sort of dsmx/dsm2 reciever would be suitable?
What is the difference between 5 and 6" just the prop capacity?
Finally what size packs are people using? I'd be coming from 3s...
Last edited by aero_nz; Mar 19, 2017 at 06:52 AM.
Mar 19, 2017, 03:03 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by aero_nz
Just stumbled upon this thread (longtime blackout 220 user), Great looking quad!

What would be the best possible Motor and ESC combo to go with the helix? F40v2 look good?
What sort of dsmx/dsm2 reciever would be suitable?
What is the difference between 5 and 6" just the prop capacity?
Finally what size packs are people using? I'd be coming from 3s...
I personally love the f40 v2 . Been running a couple of sets for months and still no motor play, they feel new. Heaps of power and will spin any prop.
Reciever go with the spm4648 . Has diversity, auto bind and longer antennas.
Batteries are one of those things you will get 100 different answers.
Price wise the Dinogy graphene work well. Not the most powerful but handle some abuse.
Mar 20, 2017, 03:15 AM
Team WarpSquad
Quote:
Originally Posted by Strepto42
Nifty - I just got OSD current and mAh working on the Helix with KISS 24A ESCs.

You have to enable sensor input on UART1 in betaflight and make a little wiring loom that joins all 4 kiss telemetry pads to the Rx pad on the FC.

This requires the v1.1 flight controller, unfortunately the 1.0 doesn't have the UART1 pad broken out.

Apart from that, follow the instructions here:

https://github.com/betaflight/betafl.../ESC-Telemetry

Then you use the impulse MWOSD tool to add the current fields to the OSD.
Mark or Sean can you guide me to the right pin on the FC? I have the "old" version for sure but would like to use this feature anyhow. I am able to solder to the pin directly.

And another question. I was just checking the ImpulseRC page to look for the vtx replacement cf piece, i thought i have seen one in here? Or was that just made by a private person?
Mar 20, 2017, 04:24 PM
Sean will have to address that one
Mar 20, 2017, 06:12 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hanni1312
Mark or Sean can you guide me to the right pin on the FC? I have the "old" version for sure but would like to use this feature anyhow. I am able to solder to the pin directly.

And another question. I was just checking the ImpulseRC page to look for the vtx replacement cf piece, i thought i have seen one in here? Or was that just made by a private person?
Think this is what you are after.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Impulse RC

PA0 - Pin 10 on the STM32

It's already supported in the BF target so should just work.

Mar 20, 2017, 07:58 PM
I know my son and I have been busy with all the testing and racing etc, so keeping up with this thread and General Social media has been difficult, but here is a video the guys that Race the Helix might find of interest. Basically me capturing a day's worth of my son's racing with the Helix.

Drone FPV Racing MMRC Round 3 Vlog - Race 1 through to Finals (19 min 17 sec)
Mar 21, 2017, 12:45 AM
Warpsquid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hanni1312

For ESC telemetry from KISS ESCs you want PA10 which is pin31 on the STM32. That pin in now broken out on the second revision of the FC hardware...

Quote:
Originally Posted by which.wabbit
Think this is what you are after.
Thanks mate, very close but that is something else! That is for the analog current sensor input, he is looking to get current figures from his KISS ESCs which is UART1 RX.

The current sensor input is also broken out on the newer FCs and hopefully in some future revision of the FC we can get an actual sensor on board too. Will be a bit tight but I think we can make it work

Quote:
Originally Posted by bmsweb
I know my son and I have been busy with all the testing and racing etc, so keeping up with this thread and General Social media has been difficult, but here is a video the guys that Race the Helix might find of interest. Basically me capturing a day's worth of my son's racing with the Helix.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nFFxCxUGpNo
Cool video! A day in the life of a rock star drone racer
Mar 21, 2017, 04:17 AM
I just finnished my Helix build. I have a annoying problem with betaflight, OSD and RX.
I use x4r-SB as rx.
When I followed KrazyFPV youtube video for Betaflight I cannot get any connection in reciever tab in betaflight when I move my sticks on the controller.
If I turn off UART 3 in ports, Betaflight start recognize my sticks moving in reciever tab and all seems fine but then I cannot use OSD. It just showing 0 voltage even if battery is full.

I also tried to desolder and remove the telemetry smartport (and deactivate it in Betaflight) and just run SBUS from pins (signal, negative, positive) without any success.
So what could be the problem? I can fly the helix without the UART 3 but then it does not show me the voltage. But when I activate UART 3 as in the guide I cant config my reciever
Mar 21, 2017, 07:20 AM
I'm looking to build a 6": what is the recommended ESC/motor combo. I was thinking of the new emax rs2306 2400kv (white top) and an esc running Dshot. Recommendations?
Mar 21, 2017, 01:35 PM
N00b
Build identical quads they said. So I did, except my backup helix has 15 more degrees of uptilt than the other.. I swapped 1.8mm lenses and that wasn't it. I put a new camera in the one with more tilt and it still had more tilt. I believe my original Helix and it's HS1177 had a manufacturing defect that was actually beneficial to my ability to fly, -10-15 degrees of tilt. I suppose the backup one with higher tilt is actually as insane as I imagined 45 degrees of tilt would be. Still kind of lost.

Far away from my comfort zone (1 min 57 sec)
Mar 21, 2017, 02:57 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by dr_patso
Build identical quads they said. So I did, except my backup helix has 15 more degrees of uptilt than the other.. I swapped 1.8mm lenses and that wasn't it. I put a new camera in the one with more tilt and it still had more tilt. I believe my original Helix and it's HS1177 had a manufacturing defect that was actually beneficial to my ability to fly, -10-15 degrees of tilt. I suppose the backup one with higher tilt is actually as insane as I imagined 45 degrees of tilt would be. Still kind of lost.

https://youtu.be/VCq2iMFYNuc
I've had some HS1177s that look sideways about 10 or 15 degrees. I can see one motor and not the other. I haven't checked to see if maybe I can realign the board in the plastic case.