Aug 19, 2016, 06:56 PM
W Kuhns
How many knots do they get up to? That's just over the top sailing and mind blowing. I have to find a place where they do that. Just to see it in person
to remove ads between posts
Aug 19, 2016, 07:37 PM
Will defer to Doug.... I enjoy watching the foiler but not really my bag of interest. I,would just like to see multihulls of any size on the water.

65cm
1 meter
1.7 meter
2 meter

Any would be fine, just to see some representation of this type of class within AMYA

Dick
Aug 19, 2016, 08:20 PM
I think the record in the GC 32 Class is around 39 knots......
Aug 20, 2016, 04:03 AM
W Kuhns
That's just to me almost sureal. I have to see these in person one day. Most of my Life I was 8n voles with some sort of boating. I Co owned a 36 foot Scarab a few other smaller boats then was introduced to sailing at age 28. I was hooked. Now I'm no expert actually I'm more of a good navagator than anyrhing. I navagator for Volvo penta Yachats that's about as good as it got for me. However, the sailing thing is just way beyond power boating and there is so much more skill involved especially the racing part. My l9ng estate Sail was from Norfolk VA. To Noank Ct. I miss it. I'm now an older gent. Lol my body is 20 years past my age. I'm only 54. But back to this Sailing. I have to see this Multi Hull Racing in persin. I wonder if they do it out of Newport Ri? I had the opportunity to see a few 12 meters while up there a few years ago. But never seem Big Cats or Big Multi Hulls. Thanks for all of the info from both of you. Bill
Aug 20, 2016, 09:36 AM
Watch for C Class racing. Development class and did a lot of experimenting for AC Cup boats.

They had the 45's in New York and Chicago this spring. I think local (to you) might be in Roton area for C Class. Keep a watch, or maybe use Google and search for C Class racing schedule.
Aug 20, 2016, 04:42 PM
Well Bill, how does Sept 8 to 11 in Newport sound?

http://www.foilingweek.com/blog/tag/newport/
Aug 20, 2016, 08:14 PM
W Kuhns
Sounds awesome I think I'm going to go.
Aug 20, 2016, 08:15 PM
W Kuhns
Btw thanks Jim
Aug 20, 2016, 10:27 PM
Take Video camera for the rest of us!
Aug 21, 2016, 06:21 AM
W Kuhns
If I can get close enough I will. I told the old lady I want to go. Didn't hear a complaint so if my health is good. I'm there. Don't have a vid cam but my phone works pretty good
Aug 21, 2016, 08:08 AM
Guys.....let's get forum back on track and start building those 2 Meter multihulls.
Aug 21, 2016, 11:31 AM
W Kuhns
Sounds good dick. Sorry bout that. Can't wait to see your progress. How m7ch to you think it will weigh?
Aug 21, 2016, 01:19 PM
No idea. A lot depends on final build .. Wood or glass, as well as mast, cross beams, rudders, boards, etc. I'm more inclinded to build hull #1 and be surprised ...and have it sail as opposed to setting a weight and get frustrated trying to hit the weight while building.

Since the class has no minimum weight, I'll just be careful with the build. Hopefully in the 15 - 20 lb range......fingers crossed.
Last edited by Dick L.; Aug 21, 2016 at 01:27 PM.
Aug 21, 2016, 03:39 PM
W Kuhns
That's what I was thinking. Even though monstrous. I could handle something in that wright range. However I'm not intelligent enough to build one. I would have to buy a hull and go from there. I will be watching and posting hete often I'm excited to see the progress
Aug 25, 2016, 05:23 PM
Found a set of templates for a 2 Meter catamaran that are free and can be found on the Multihulls thread on RCSailing.net in case anyone is serious about trying a build.