Shop our Airplanes Products Drone Products Sales
Sep 06, 2016, 02:24 PM
So, just out of curiosity - did anyone from BCSF ever formally register for the FYF Showdown?

Rob
to remove ads between posts
Sep 06, 2016, 09:16 PM
AMA 415
Quote:
Originally Posted by stangrob View Post
So, just out of curiosity - did anyone from BCSF ever formally register for the FYF Showdown?

Rob
Nobody has admitted to being associated with BCSF, if that is what you mean...
Sep 06, 2016, 09:27 PM
Jonathan,

FYI if you have two slots left I have two more JCSF guys who are in. I'll send you their registration forms shortly.

Rob
Sep 08, 2016, 07:40 PM
AMA 415
Here are the twelve race aircraft, on their carriers, ready to make the trip to NEAT!

As of this evening, we have 22 registered pilots out of our maximum of 24! I'm super excited about what looks to be having a full field of pilots out there next Friday!

If you still haven't registered and want to take part in the Showdown, now is the time to get that form sent in!!!!!!

Huge thanks to everyone that has registered so far!
Last edited by Sawn Craft; Sep 08, 2016 at 09:48 PM.
Sep 08, 2016, 07:59 PM
Boy those Mossies look cool

Rob
Sep 08, 2016, 09:40 PM
When pigs fly rc
Dam cool!!!!
Sep 09, 2016, 05:34 PM
AMA 415
The hardware arrived just in time!

Who will take home the top spot?
Sep 09, 2016, 07:20 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sawn Craft View Post
Nobody has admitted to being associated with BCSF, if that is what you mean...
The answer to the big question is here. I have sent in my registration form to fill at least one spot in the competition with a BCSF pilot.
See you guys at Neat,
Nick BCSF
Sep 10, 2016, 01:02 AM
Nice to see Nick stepping up

BTW those are some nice plaques! The competition is going to be tough.

Rob
Sep 19, 2016, 08:18 AM
Lower !!

Who will take the Top Spot?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sawn Craft View Post
The hardware arrived just in time!

Who will take home the top spot?
Well I knew Mark B would make the final, and if not for a last turn mistake by the competition, he would have been 2nd. But as fate would have it, and a fickled gust of wind perhaps he got the Top Prize. Some great flyers in the group for sure, and some good flying hardware too!
Great job guys for putting on this event. Fun to fly in and watch. See ya next year? Who will dethrone Mark?
Al
GMRC
Last edited by tailgunner; Sep 19, 2016 at 06:44 PM.
Sep 19, 2016, 05:54 PM
When pigs fly rc
I will try again next year if we have it again. I thought I had it till the last dam turn!
Lots of fun, and great flying planes!
Sep 19, 2016, 06:19 PM
215.0 MPH
It's not over, till its over. I lead for the first 4 laps, missed a pylon and had to do an additional lap. Being a lap down I thought it could be over, (I don't give up easily) but cut very tight pylons for the next 6 laps in a row getting the lead back!

Super fun for sure.

Very well run and I think all 24 of us appreciated the opportunity to participate. The planes are very well designed and built and were a ton of fun to fly!

If they are back, and Tom fits it in, I would do it again for sure.
Sep 20, 2016, 12:02 PM
AMA 415
Thank you so much to everyone that helped to make the Front Yard Fighters Showdown an overwhelming success!

Special individuals to thank are:
  • Tom Hunt and the NEAT Fair Crew - Thank you for allowing us to use the flightline for the event!
  • Rob Kallok - Thank you for MC'ing when you weren't racing!
  • The entire JCSF Crew - Thank you for allowing us to use your PA system and pylons!
While the wind made things a little bit more difficult for the pilots, it sure made for some "edge of your seat" racing for the spectators!

In the next few days, we'll be comparing our notes and coming up with improvements for next year's event! Things that already have been discussed: more Sawn Craft help to manage aircraft and pilots, additional batteries for the race, and improved launching/takeoff procedures. If anyone has suggestions, feel free to PM me or send me an email at: Jonathan@Sawn-Craft.com.

Finally, if anyone has photos that they took during the event please post them here for everyone to enjoy! I've posted the three that I took, but I know that there are many more out there!

Thanks again for all of your support, for the laughs, and for participating in what looks to be the 1st Annual Front Yard Fighter's Showdown!
Sep 20, 2016, 12:32 PM
Once again, great job guys! Despite the wind that kept popping up I think everything went really well! The Tarmac/tarp worked really well and everyone had a blast. Supplying the planes RTF worked out fantastic. All in all this definitely needs to be an annual event

Rob
Sep 20, 2016, 01:11 PM
You're killin' me Smalls
Yeah it went really well, the general format and plan worked very well, I'd just recommend a few small tweaks but the overall layout and execution was fantastic.