Aug 17, 2016, 08:43 PM
AMA 415
Here are the photos that I promised earlier today.

This is Sawn Craft FYF Mosquito 31 prototype #1 in USAAF colors. This bird has flown hundreds of flights and is really fun since I have the throttles setup for differential control.

The Mosquitos for the race will have the ESC's Y-harnessed so that they are as easy to setup on anyone's radio.
to remove ads between posts
Aug 18, 2016, 05:32 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by stangrob
Boy, I'm a sucker for twins - did you say two of these will be available for purchase at NEAT (well, I guess actually one as Pete gets first dibs)?

Rob
I vote the traditional camo also for the plane I just paid for. Don't ding it up in the race guys!
Aug 18, 2016, 09:58 AM
Hey Jonathan,

How's the registration going so far? I have a sneaky feeling that you'll be close to capacity before we even get to the show

BTW that Mossie is nice - very, very tempting

Rob
Aug 18, 2016, 11:20 AM
AMA 415
Quote:
Originally Posted by stangrob
How's the registration going so far? I have a sneaky feeling that you'll be close to capacity before we even get to the show
As of the time of this message, we have six registered pilots with both twin Mosquito models already being spoken for. I'm very happy with the excitement for the event and expect there to be a full field of pilots competing!

Last night the Sawn Craft shop was hopping as we had the CNC cutting out kits, electronics were being soldered, and more parts were ordered! Tonight we are planning to paint some of the kits that are destined to be in the Showdown!
Aug 18, 2016, 11:41 AM
AMA 1242

Fyf race

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sawn Craft
I am extremely excited to announce that Sawn Craft will be holding the first Front Yard Fighters Showdown on Friday, September 16 from 1:15pm until 3pm on the Slow Flyer Flight Line!

Taking cues from the JCSF Radian Races and the air racing at Horizon Indoor, we've decided to throw our hats in the ring and get some of our Front Yard Fighters (FYFs) out on the track!

The FYF Showdown is a fun, two-pylon race that features a cash prize to the winner as well as lots of merchandise prizes for other pilots!

The field is limited to the first 24 pilots that register in order to keep the event duration to a manageable level. A $15 entry fee gets you into the action! Don't hesitate to get your entry form in!

All race aircraft will be built to Sawn Craft factory spec's and are provided to the pilots prior to each race. As a pilot, all you need to bring is your DSM2-compatible TX and a bind plug! Aircraft will be randomly assigned to each pilot each qualifying race in order to keep the racing as even as possible.

Complete race details and rules can be found: Click Here

Registration form can be found: Click Here

If you have any questions regarding the Front Yard Fighter Showdown please feel free to post here or send me an email and I'll get back to you as soon as possible! Jonathan@Sawn-Craft.com

I have to thank Tom Hunt and the NEAT Fair staff for working with us to make this happen! We also wouldn't have been able to run the event without the help of the JCSF crew! Thank you to you all!
Sent P/M Harold
Aug 18, 2016, 02:55 PM
AMA 415
Two more registrations have been submitted!

If you are interested in taking part in the Showdown, I urge you to get your registration in sooner rather than later to ensure that you get one of the 24 pilot spots!
Aug 23, 2016, 08:25 PM
Hi Jonathan,

I am having trouble sending out messages on my computer and I am on the road until Friday. Can you put me down for the race! I will get my form in, and mail my payment as soon as I get home.

Hope to see you guys at our indoor event this year!

Joe.
Aug 23, 2016, 10:13 PM
AMA 415
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe Malinchak
Can you put me down for the race!

Joe.
Hi Joe; good to hear from you!

I have your spot reserved for the Showdown!

We'll have to see about the indoor event this year. It is a shame that it conflicts with the night slow-fly contest that we always take part in, but if we get some (--censored--) then we'll be there!
Aug 23, 2016, 11:02 PM
Thanks for reserving my spot in the Showdown! It should be lots of fun. I will make sure and cover it in my review of the NEAT Fair in my Micro Flying column.

I really miss flying in the slow-fly contest. If I did not have to run the indoor event I would be participating!

Joe.
Aug 27, 2016, 03:57 PM
James Bhasin

Sawn Craft Race Event

Hi Jonathan, Just emailed my registration for the Sawn Craft Race Event. Thanks to Joe Malinchak for the heads-up. James.
Aug 29, 2016, 01:00 PM
Hi Jonathan,

How is the pilot count going so far?

Rob
Aug 29, 2016, 05:19 PM
Now that's a low pass !!
Rob,

We have 16 pre-registered and multiple aircraft are spoken for..

Bill..
Aug 29, 2016, 05:32 PM
Now that's a low pass !!
If you have been hesitating to pre-register for this event now may be a good time to do so. There are only 8 spots left and they will fill quickly during the up coming 2 weeks prior to the official start of the "Fair". Don't get locked out of a chance to win some cash and great prizes.
Aug 29, 2016, 06:51 PM
Don't cut the Yellow Wire
Ok same me two slots for BCSF....
Aug 29, 2016, 08:17 PM
Now that's a low pass !!
Carlos,
Send in the apps and your good to go !! Do I sense a little friendly rivalry between BCSF the JCSF guys ??..