Sep 08, 2017, 01:59 AM
nice update.the t-rex 470lm is not just a re-scaled size in their lineup,traditional handling and durability are at the core of this helicopter.
to remove ads between posts
Sep 08, 2017, 07:03 PM
What Goes Up...Must Come Down
I have flown the 250 and a couple of 450's (T-Rex's, all FBL and shaft drive) I really like the handling of the 470 (I am not a 3D guy...but with this bird I feel I could push the boundaries a bit more comfortably). Just set up my HW ESC for governor mode....wow! REALY smooth.
Sep 09, 2017, 09:53 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Snailmale7
It is very difficult to patiently save for 500x... with all this talk of how comfortable the heli is... . But since I prefer to avoid the old Ďcouchí situation, I am patiently spending my time on the Phoenix RC and my current Heli. I take comfort in knowing that I am becoming a better Heli pilot, as I practice the discipline of waiting...
Or save less and go 470l. Superb heli. Unreal for the money.
Sep 09, 2017, 10:01 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by den stein
nice update.the t-rex 470lm is not just a re-scaled size in their lineup,traditional handling and durability are at the core of this helicopter.
Exactly!
Sep 09, 2017, 07:31 PM
ThickFog - you arenít making this easy for me... as I have ALLL the monies needed for the 470L already. I had the heli in the cart 2x already, but then I keep saying to myself; if I get a 470L, will I still want a bigger later on down the road?? But if I get a 500, it will be the perfect blend of big and small... . I should be content for years to come with a 500 .. Right?? Yes, let me stop talking to myself
Sep 10, 2017, 11:14 AM
Turnigynarian
Just get the darn 470L! I'm sure you'll love it. It doesn't cost an arm and a leg, especially if you go for the plastic version, and you can get a 500 down the line.
Sep 10, 2017, 07:51 PM
#resisting if I didnít have a 450L , I would be persuaded
Sep 10, 2017, 09:13 PM
Quote:
#resisting if I didnít have a 450L , I would be persuaded
Ah then wait for the bigger. That 450 is too close in size. You'll kick yourself later.
Sep 10, 2017, 09:28 PM
Agreed @thickFog and @hancockdw The wait will be over in early October.
Sep 14, 2017, 09:02 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thickfog
I get a comfortable feeling with this heli. Don't know what it is. Superb.
Its really a nice size, quiet and smooth, and you know when you crash, parts are very inexpensive.
Sep 14, 2017, 12:55 PM
Bro!
Quote:
Originally Posted by abjets
Agreed!! I fly it way more than my others now... Just something about it.
It's like it talks to you. It does everything you ask it to do. I can even tell what the wind is about to do from the sound of its rotor blades and I then apply the necessary inputs. It is like you are connected to the heli.
Last edited by denis747; Sep 14, 2017 at 01:01 PM.
Sep 14, 2017, 02:20 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by denis747
It's like it talks to you. It does everything you ask it to do. I can even tell what the wind is about to do from the sound of its rotor blades and I then apply the necessary inputs. It is like you are connected to the heli.
Does yours say sweet things to you? My 470l says my my you are a hack flyer.
Sep 14, 2017, 03:26 PM
Bro!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thickfog
Does yours say sweet things to you? My 470l says my my you are a hack flyer.
It does It says to me "Stop flying me in low light conditions late at dusk, you are living dangerously". lol

It also tells me "Don't be afraid. Test the mini Brain 2 rescue feature now please so you can unleash me more like you do on the sim".

This is an awesome heli. I remember when deviationTx had a Dsmx bug on my Devo 10 tx and the heli lost radio link. It auto-ed itself from about 20 feet up, when it went into failsafe, and landed gently on its own lol, and the main rotor still had enough momentum to continue rotating for awhile after the heli touched the ground gently on the skids, no damage at all. Lots of float on this heli and it flies like a lager heli, even when landing, it is easier to land doing a mini autorotation.
Last edited by denis747; Sep 14, 2017 at 03:40 PM.
Sep 14, 2017, 08:38 PM
If she flirts with you .. run !
Sep 15, 2017, 09:43 AM
Bro!
Quote:
If she flirts with you .. run !
She is allowed to do that only if I remove the main and tail rotor blades.

Quick Reply