May 26, 2019, 05:18 AM
Grumpy old git.. Who me?
Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnCl
Tail speed up kit came today. Installed easy. Now if the weather will let me, I will test it.
I'm sure you will like it. My flying opportunities have been limited by crap weather too but I've got a few more flights and it's performing really well. The fact that the belt is slightly 'long' so that you need to slide the boom back is actually a good thing because it gives you a little more 'slack' which makes removing and installing the belt and pulley so much easier.

My RJX 68mm blades arrived and frustratingly i find they are 68mm from end to end, not bolt-hole to tip. Measured in the usual way they are only 64mm which is too small, so i'm still running the cut down Align blades for now. I've just ordered some Rotortech 71mm blades which should be ideal, rather steeply priced but what the heck
to remove ads between posts
May 26, 2019, 05:52 AM
I am using Microheli 68mm tail blades. Woke up to a real loud thunderstorm. Calling for storms all day. Maybe tomorrow.
May 26, 2019, 09:46 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by JetPlaneFlyer
I'm sure you will like it. My flying opportunities have been limited by crap weather too but I've got a few more flights and it's performing really well. The fact that the belt is slightly 'long' so that you need to slide the boom back is actually a good thing because it gives you a little more 'slack' which makes removing and installing the belt and pulley so much easier.

My RJX 68mm blades arrived and frustratingly i find they are 68mm from end to end, not bolt-hole to tip. Measured in the usual way they are only 64mm which is too small, so i'm still running the cut down Align blades for now. I've just ordered some Rotortech 71mm blades which should be ideal, rather steeply priced but what the heck

Love my rotor tech blades . Love them . You’ll not have any buyers remorse

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
May 27, 2019, 07:19 PM
Jpf I would like to relieve (buy) you of those rjx tail blades!
Hit me with a pm if you are willing to let them go!
May 27, 2019, 08:47 PM
What Goes Up...Must Come Down
Love my RT blades on my TR470LM
Jul 02, 2019, 07:00 PM
I got some servos for my 470LM GDW 290MG for cyclics, and ALZRC DM1531T for the tail
Jul 03, 2019, 01:09 AM
I just got some sats in the mail just now
Jul 03, 2019, 08:22 AM
Flew mine this morning. You are really gonna love this thing. Still making tiny tweeks, very tiny.
Jul 03, 2019, 10:01 AM
What Goes Up...Must Come Down
I put 6 batteries through mine last Sunday...picture perfect day and a fresh cut hay field. Certainly a fast bird! And a joy to fly!
Jul 03, 2019, 11:12 AM
Mine arrived yesterday from Align-Trex Models here in the UK - looking forward to starting the build this weekend! A very nice kit indeed.
Jul 14, 2019, 12:59 PM
Great Falls, Montana

Speed Fuselage

So I got a speed fuse for mine and also got the metal tail housing for it as well. Mine is the LP version and thought it would be a pain trying to get the tail shaft back in the plastic tail housing since it's split down the middle and the metal version makes this a lot easier with the two removable tail shaft ends. I didn't want to relocate my FBL (Brain2 mini) so I cut the fuse with a dremel cutoff wheel so it would fit around it. It all went pretty easy, It only took about 10 minutes to get the tail installed it wasn't very difficult at all in my opinion. I used some long tweezers to hold the anti rotation pin on the plastic piece that secures the tail fin and put the screws though. It held fine and didn't fall out, I was still holding the pin when I slid the tail piece in, a little wiggling and it went into the hole easy. I then reached in the boom for the belt which was already close and pulled it out and finished assembling the tail. It was a bit tail heavy so I only had to move the battery forward a little to balance it out. It flies good and the visibility is very good now, that was the main reason I got it. It is also very easy to grab and carry now just grabbing it where the boom cover mounts to the back of the frame, its very strong and solid. The skids are XLPower 520 skids, I like the height keeping the bottom out of the grass and makes getting the canopy on easier, not catching grass under it installing it on the ground.
Jul 14, 2019, 02:53 PM
looks good
Jul 14, 2019, 03:27 PM
Looks great with the speed fuselage.

You guys are going to have good time with the 470l
Its my first real rc heli and im having so much fun with it.
Jul 14, 2019, 08:17 PM
Great Falls, Montana
Thanks guys! Yes I love mine, getting close to 100 flights on it, going to go flying here in a little bit
Jul 24, 2019, 01:23 AM
Ok I purchased it, wanted to do a retro build with a torque tube no less. Align still isn't a bad heli for the money.

Quick Reply