Jun 10, 2017, 05:53 PM
What Goes Up...Must Come Down
Quote:
Originally Posted by hancockdw
For the AR7200BX, the manual I have says AIL is left side and PIT is right. Also says to connect PIT to Aux1. The MicroBeast V4.0 manual notes: "With electronic swashplate mixing the two aileron servos have to be connected to CH2 and CH3 (the left/right ordering does not matter)." *shrug*

Dave
Thanks Dave! PIT to Aux1 and AIL on the left...all good. Cheers! Cool heli
to remove ads between posts
Jun 10, 2017, 06:46 PM
Which shall it be, Passworthy?
Thanks. It's completely stock except for the CC-BEC. I think it's a great replacement for my 450.
Jun 10, 2017, 06:47 PM
Oh, forgot something, abjets. In the Align manual I think there's a connection diagram for the controller, but it's for the microbeast, not the 7200.
Jun 10, 2017, 07:02 PM
Quote:
Thanks. It's completely stock except for the CC-BEC. I think it's a great replacement for my 450.
Sold my 450 Pro DFC and jumped on this one... HW Platinum60 ESC and all metal upgrades w/ my AR7200BX... it looks like a formidable replacement
Time will tell. Thanks!
Jun 10, 2017, 07:07 PM
Quote:
Oh, forgot something, abjets. In the Align manual I think there's a connection diagram for the controller, but it's for the microbeast, not the 7200.
That was my original concern...the manual referenced channels (CH# ?) and not AIL, PIT, ELE (AR7200BX). ELE being obvious, was going to flip a coin on the AIL and PIT Thanks for your help! Cheers!
Jun 12, 2017, 03:45 PM

ESC Flip

Quote:
Oh, how about ESC wire routing? I have the ESC in the "standard" location, and the mBeast will be behind the head, in the "gyro" position. ESC wire not long enough to reach without extension. I have folded it under and tucked in above the battery tray rail. Is that a go, or is there a clearance problem I'm not anticipating?
Yes

At first I added a extension cable to the ESC wires but then remounted my 470L ESC like the 500x

If you do a 180 flip on the 470L Align ESC and poke the motor / esc wires thru the left side frame hole. The ESC wires are then plenty long enough to reach the MB no matter where you mount your MB.
Aug 22, 2017, 09:47 AM
So I have 450L Dominator. Working on Hovering, orientations.. basically Iím a beginner. Is the 470L a worth while consideration... as a second heli, or would I be better served keeping the Ďfundsí for a good crash? I am drawn to the 470L b/c itís belt drive, and may make it possible to operate from grassy fields.
Aug 22, 2017, 09:41 PM
450L uses 360mm blades, the 470 uses 380mm. I'd say it's not enough different to warrant adding it to your hangar. Nice bird, I like it a lot, so don't get the wrong impression. But personally I avoid getting aircraft too similar to ones I already have.
Dave
Aug 23, 2017, 04:19 AM
Grumpy old git.. Who me?
Having seen the 470 next to a 450L, the 470 is a significantly bigger heli all round, so not as close in size as suggested purely by blade length.

But I would still agree with the last post that if you were to get another heli it's probably worth getting something 'more different' than you currently have. The new 500x looks great if the budget stretches that far.
Aug 23, 2017, 11:45 AM
Well received. @hancockdw. and @JetPlaneFlyer

Thanks for helping in deciding on my next heli purchase. A 500 is probably the largest I'll invest in, so I can keep the flexibility of flying in a vacant lot when time doesn't permit to go to the local flying club.

I will continue saving my pennies for the 500.
Aug 31, 2017, 12:37 PM
This is a great heli btw! Been enjoying mine. So cheap to buy and run.
Aug 31, 2017, 01:48 PM
Agreed!! I fly it way more than my others now... Just something about it.
Aug 31, 2017, 08:56 PM
Iím sold, I took the 450L out today to do some orientation hovers. That helicopter can get LOST really quick when it is flown further away. With that in mind, my heart is set on the 500x. Thanks for the input, Iíll post back when a new one one has found a happy home in my hangar
Sep 06, 2017, 10:34 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by abjets
Agreed!! I fly it way more than my others now... Just something about it.
I get a comfortable feeling with this heli. Don't know what it is. Superb.
Sep 07, 2017, 09:27 PM
It is very difficult to patiently save for 500x... with all this talk of how comfortable the heli is... . But since I prefer to avoid the old Ďcouchí situation, I am patiently spending my time on the Phoenix RC and my current Heli. I take comfort in knowing that I am becoming a better Heli pilot, as I practice the discipline of waiting...

Quick Reply