Aug 15, 2016, 02:36 PM
indywestrc & viehercfliers
Thread OP
Discussion

eWeek 2016 Sep 26-Oct 2. Triple Tree Aerodrome Woodruff, SC

http://www.tripletreeaerodrome.com/eweek-fly-in.php

Triple Tree is very well known as the home of “Fun, Fellowship and Hospitality”, Joe Nall Week, Triple Tree Fly-In and many, many other incredible aviation events. The newest and fastest growing RC event is eWeek. While it’s a relatively young event, eWeek is already considered by many RC lovers as the “Baby Nall”! Hundreds of electric RC pilots come each year to enjoy a whole lot of electric flying and a little cooler weather and a little slower pace.

As we say at Tripe Tree, “If it flies, we like it” and this certainly applies to all electrics! Bring your helicopters, multi-rotors, airplanes, giant scales, foamies, park flyers and anything else that is electric! ALL flight lines will be open and the grass and grounds are truly spectacular this time of year. Camping is more plentiful than ever with new areas being cleared continuously. Between the beautiful grass, the rolling hills, the lakes and the great people you’ll meet, you just can’t find a better experience than eWeek at Triple Tree.

Flight Lines
Main (Classic) Flight Line
Fly in a racetrack pattern.
6 pilot stations

3D Line
Fly full out 3D.
5 pilot stations

Float Line
Float planes of all types. (boats are also allowed off to the side)
5 pilot stations

Park Flyer
Electric Park flyer and slow flyer style planes. Flying style open to pilots.
5 pilot stations

Helicopter
All heli's here.
7 pilot stations

Control Line
All control line flying
3 circles
Last edited by Suds; Aug 15, 2016 at 02:41 PM.
to remove ads between posts
Aug 15, 2016, 03:09 PM
Thread OP
Who's going?
What duration (from - to)?
This will be my first visit to Triple Tree.
Last edited by Suds; Aug 15, 2016 at 03:21 PM.
Aug 15, 2016, 03:19 PM
Elephant Field Flyer
Count me in. kind of got stormed out last year toward the last half and had to leave early.
Aug 16, 2016, 07:56 AM
MK
MK
How's the attendance when compared to Joe Nall? How many registered pilots from last year?
Aug 16, 2016, 08:08 AM
Thread OP
Quote:
Originally Posted by MK
How's the attendance when compared to Joe Nall? How many registered pilots from last year?
Sounds like last year was mostly rained out.

Here is a comment from Chris Hinson that should give a little feel for the flavor of the event:
Quote:
Originally Posted by EXTREME FLIGHT
We'll be there from Tuesday on in our normal spot on the 3D line. As I've said before, this is an event not to miss. Best flying site in the States, temps in the 70s, not near as crowded as the Nall so plenty of time for everyone to fly as much as they want. Fly all day, cocktails, beers and laughs in the evenings. We'll have all the new Xpwr motors in planes and flying and a couple big surprises in store! Please plan to join us!
Aug 21, 2016, 09:58 AM
Outlaw
Last year was a washout, but we've had great luck with weather in previous years. It's about the perfect time of year for camping, and the place has a good number of flyers without being over crowded. I've never had to wait to fly. There are places to fly all over the aerodrome - the pond is huge, and is one of my favorite places to fly - bring your floatplanes and rc boats.
Aug 21, 2016, 10:03 AM
Outlaw

Triple Tree
Aug 22, 2016, 09:49 AM
Skyraider

E-Week

I'll be there for the entire week, really looking forward to being back at Triple Tree for the week in late Sept. The weather should be nice that time of year !!!
Sep 02, 2016, 07:27 AM
Thread OP
Vacation request approved by the boss. I'm off work for the entire week so if the weather holds out, I'll be there!

Also, need to decide between camping and hotel. I don't currently have any camping gear, what would a reasonably decent (but not great) tent/pad/etc 2-3 person tent setup run?
Last edited by Suds; Sep 02, 2016 at 11:51 AM. Reason: spelling
Sep 02, 2016, 09:21 AM
We will be there for sure!! Arriving Monday leaving Sunday AM.

Can someone move this to the top level event section?
Sep 04, 2016, 08:56 PM
My understanding is that there are no size restrictions on the main flight line like there are at Joe Nall. Can anyone confirm?
Sep 04, 2016, 09:38 PM
Im not sure by size if you are talking big or smaller. I flew at the main line last year. My biggest plane was 56" my buddy flew a Polaris from the same spot. Based on the amount or rain we got last year the Polaris was the best plane to have.
Sep 05, 2016, 04:49 AM
Where did that tree come from
Quote:
Originally Posted by Superdad99
Based on the amount or rain we got last year the Polaris was the best plane to have.
Oh man, let's pray that we don't have the rain we had last year at Eweek.
Sep 05, 2016, 04:52 AM
Where did that tree come from
Quote:
Originally Posted by DonEmmel
My understanding is that there are no size restrictions on the main flight line like there are at Joe Nall. Can anyone confirm?
It doesn't show any restrictions on their website.

http://www.tripletreeaerodrome.com/e...ight-lines.php
Sep 05, 2016, 06:09 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Superdad99
Im not sure by size if you are talking big or smaller. I flew at the main line last year. My biggest plane was 56" my buddy flew a Polaris from the same spot. Based on the amount or rain we got last year the Polaris was the best plane to have.
Joe Nall requires anything on the main flight line to be quarter scale or larger. I was told eWeek had the same requirement but the website does not seem to indicate as such. I've emailed a couple of people at Triple Tree but no one has responded yet.

Quick Reply